more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aston Villa target Mark Hughes to replace Gérard Houllier as manager

Started by mike_f, May 31, 2011, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamMic

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 01, 2011, 01:33:27 PM
You should only believe what people tell you if you KNOW them to be truthful.

In the football world they'd be very rare animals.

After last summer, the only entity to come out of the whole affair looking the fool was Fulham. If the facts are as those speculated rather than those communicated, why would Fulham not disclose them, if only to save face?

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Basil on June 01, 2011, 10:23:48 AM
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa-specials/next-permanent-manager

Hughes certainly clear favourite, but these markets are very erratic..

I would have Martinez here if Hughes went.
I like Martinez too - good football played the right way. Not so sure about how much quality he could bring in, though. Would have to be Jol for me although I really don't think Mr Hughes will go and hope this is the case too!

FFCcravencottage

:tom: I just got a Newsflash email from Fulham.com thought it was about Hughes but it was only about Season Tickets lol

jarv

I will be very angry at Hughes if he goes. It will just reinforcethe fact that nobody in football management/ownership has any morals at all. Villa?  Just who do they think they are? A big club? My @rse they are. They have been poorly run, just like the other so called (by their management and supporters) big clubs.

Time for these people to start being honest. If Villa want MH, come out and say so. If MH is staying at Fulham, the club and MH should come out and say so.

Then again, it would be like asking Cameron his position on the national health. The chance of an honest answer about the same as me playing for Fulham 085.gif

JBH

If Hughes decides to leave after all he has said about being happy etc over the past weeks then he will prove that he is just another money grabbing lying B'stard.

But if he is to go it must be sorted out before tomorrow so that we don't go through the same saga of will he won't he like we did with Uncle Roy.

Our new manager Carlo Ancellotti will need as much time as possible to prepare for the Europa League qualifiers  086.gif

HatterDon

Quote from: jarv on June 01, 2011, 03:23:16 PM

Villa?  Just who do they think they are? A big club? My @rse they are.

Well, let's see:

1. Capacity: 42,000+
2. Top-flight Champions: 7
3. FA Cup winners: 7
4. League Cup winners: 5
5. European Cup winner [now Champions League]: 1
6. European Super Cup winner: 1

I don't know, Jarv, but that sounds like a big club to me.

I still don't think it's a wise move for Hughes to leave -- nor do I believe that he WILL leave -- for Villa.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TheDon

i suppose nottingham forest are a big club too?

just because you had success in the past 20 years means nothing now.
wimbledon won an the fa cup suppose they are bigger than us too lol

ImperialWhite

9th
6th (FA Cup semi, League Cup final)
6th (UEFA Cup ro32)
6th
11th
16th
10th
6th (League Cup semi)
16th (Intertoto semi)
8th

Aston Villa's achievments while we've been the Premier League (i.e. recently, as opposed to their gluttering past). Aston Villa are bigger than Fulham, even if you only include recent history.