Main Menu

TIME TO LIFT SPIRITS … WITH A TERRIFIC TALE OF THIS WONDERFUL FOF FAMILY

Started by Fernhurst, June 02, 2011, 11:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

About a month ago I posted this.....

I know it's kinda illegal but can anybody obtain
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:18:00 pm » Quote Modify Remove  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOTD recordings from long ago........

My brother and I were part of a 30,582 crowd at The Cottage on 1st Sept 1962 to watch the Table topping Merseyside Millionaires  ---- !!! Everton !!! (it was rumoured the team cost a quite ridiculous £250,000 to assemble) come to town

The dugout was in front of the Johnny Haynes stand in those days .... friends and favoured guests got to sit on benches adjacent and Maurice Cook had those booked for us.

Fulham being Fulham beat those millionaires 1-0 but we spent Saturday night obsessively looking for ourselves on the highlights package and we did spot our ugly mugs.

In memory of my long departed brother, would love to get a copy ..... can anyone help????

Thank you all for your replies with suggestions on how to obtain the footage.

One member of Friends of Fulham went completely beyond the call of duty and our family now have access to the highlights of the match.

Getting emotional:
I feel confident enough in my senior years to admit to feeling a bit of a well up and lump in the throat time on occasion. In my "mans man" years this would not have happened.

Holding my first Granddaughter last year
The Juve game
and sometimes reading FOF can bring about these same feelings.
The Daddy's progress reports on Gracie
Equalizers moving tribute to his teacher and outstanding Fulham fan Peter Thomson..........
Corked Hat's undiluted love for his inspirational wife.

A few days ago the family gathered to watch the flickering images from almost 50 years ago, almost immediately we saw my brother (who we tragically lost to a car accident in 1972) alive again and enthusiastically clapping on the touchline when we scored. Dressed in a smart dark suit with obligatory white handkerchief in the top pocket it was amazing how clear the images were. An audible gasp went around the room and I must say "there was not a dry eye in the house"

All because a person I've never met went to an inordinate amount of trouble for a fellow Fulham supporter. Thanks were plainly not enough, but was all the individual requested ---- so Fulhamish.