watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rafa Benitez Throws His Hat Into The Ring

Started by White Noise, June 04, 2011, 06:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Not our ring specifically but saying he wants to manage in England again and thinks he could do a good job for someone.

He was a very sought after manager before going to Liverpool but his stock seems to have fallen somewhat.

Would anyone like to see him at Fulham?

Tom

Fulham for life!

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

fulhamguy

Why not?

2 champions league finals at the Poo, league title at Valencia. Good
Manager.
COYW!

Fletchino

TonyGilroy

It comes down to what Oakshot and others have said on other threads.

We need an experienced manager but one who understands that we are not ever going to be Champions League contenders and accepts the budgetary constraints he'll be under.

Also someone who is prepared to stay for a few years and not yearn for a "bigger" job.

If Rafa's OK with that then I'd be OK with him.

os5889

Quote from: sunburywhite on June 04, 2011, 07:50:19 AM
No way Jose

Talking about Rafa not Mourinho.

I'm all for Rafa! Give him a chance any day over Curbs + Jol!

Burt

WhiteJC

Tonywa

Certainly wouldn't want Benitez or Martin O'Neill at any price.   Benitez is clueless while O'Neill's teams play the sot of football familiar to fans who watched Fulham under Lawrie Sanchez.  HOOF!!!!

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Tonywa on June 04, 2011, 09:13:06 AM
Certainly wouldn't want Benitez or Martin O'Neill at any price.   Benitez is clueless while O'Neill's teams play the sot of football familiar to fans who watched Fulham under Lawrie Sanchez.  HOOF!!!!

But if you look at their CVs you'll know that's nonsense. These two have ALWAYS been successful.

DukeTyrion

Benitez would be the same as Hughes, if he did come here it would be a temporary stay for him , to raise his stock before jumping. No thanks

MJG

Quote from: DukeTyrion on June 04, 2011, 09:21:41 AMBenitez would be the same as Hughes, if he did come here it would be a temporary stay for him , to raise his stock before jumping. No thanks
you can say that about any manager, name any possible manager and there will a reason he could jump after one year.
Let's get Lee Clark.....Newcastle
let's put Murphy in charge.....does well, liverpool fancy him long term, goes and works with Dalglish.
Jol.....big reputation, out of job, sounds like Hughes again.
Any manager who does well will be chased, be it at Fulham or anywhere else.
I read about Gus Poyet at Brighton the other week, he wants to manage in the prem, if he can do it with Brighton great if not it will be with someone else.
He's just got promoted, new stadium etc. If went after him do you think he would turn us down?

Of course it would be great to have someone in charge who built a playing style into the whole club ( like they do at Ajax and Barcelona) and Roy could have been that man, but it did not work out. The manager of a prem side is really only interested in his first team squad and own ambitions.

Logicalman

If Rafa has lost his marbles he might consider a move to Fulham. I still recall a comment from him a couple of seasons ago, when he said of Fulham that they (liverpool) should always beat teams like that (referring to Fulham). He has always considered himself better than clubs like ours, so, unless he's changed, not too certain it would be the best fit for either side.
Perhaps a little humility has crept in over the past 12 months though?