Main Menu

Robbie Keane

Started by CorkCity, June 07, 2011, 06:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Quote from: cutbushcitylimits on June 07, 2011, 09:17:43 PM
Glasgow rangers
Quote from: epsomraver on June 07, 2011, 08:59:29 PM
Healy holds the record for goals scored by N. Ireland player, where is he now??

So Healy will probably be in the Champions League... Great!

I do miss Steven Davis though, for me he's one that got away!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

What if he scored a hat-trick against chelsea in the final of our successful FA cup campaign?

079.gif 079.gif 079.gif 079.gif 079.gif 079.gif 079.gif 079.gif 079.gif 079.gif

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: os5889 on June 07, 2011, 09:21:23 PM
Quote from: cutbushcitylimits on June 07, 2011, 09:17:43 PM
Glasgow rangers
Quote from: epsomraver on June 07, 2011, 08:59:29 PM
Healy holds the record for goals scored by N. Ireland player, where is he now??

So Healy will probably be in the Champions League... Great!

I do miss Steven Davis though, for me he's one that got away!

No way they get through the qualis', though for Scotlands sake they need it to keep their coefficients
The Dude abides.

os5889

Quote from: KCat on June 07, 2011, 09:24:04 PM
What if he scored a hat-trick against chelsea in the final of our successful FA cup campaign?

I can dream...

I miss Montella, he just had a spell as Romas manager at the end of last season. He might make a good manager and yet be back visiting the cottage in the years to come!

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: os5889 on June 07, 2011, 09:31:06 PM
Quote from: KCat on June 07, 2011, 09:24:04 PM

I can dream...

I miss Montella, he just had a spell as Romas manager at the end of last season. He might make a good manager and yet be back visiting the cottage in the years to come!

Maybe his wife will want a second go at the high street shoppes? :dft011:
The Dude abides.

nevzter

Is he past it?  I lost track of the man after bounced from 'pool - Celtic, Spurs, Hammers, et al........  Don't know how much he has left in the tank, but on the other hand, Fulham's Europa adventure may allot him a place in the squad.

And Healy will go straight into the Champions League as Rangers won the SPL.  Seriously.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Mr Fulham

I really think the lad deserves one last go. He know Jolly Jol, he knows Duff -

And I think he's still Europa League quality.

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: nevzter on June 07, 2011, 09:39:29 PM
Is he past it?  I lost track of the man after bounced from 'pool - Celtic, Spurs, Hammers, et al........  Don't know how much he has left in the tank, but on the other hand, Fulham's Europa adventure may allot him a place in the squad.

And Healy will go straight into the Champions League as Rangers won the SPL.  Seriously.

Not this year, Scotlands coefficient dropped. Hence why Celtic is straight into the Europa league. They have to go through 2 rounds of quals, being in the champions bracket. Between the 20 Champions in round 3, 5 will make it to the group stages.
The Dude abides.

nevzter

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 07, 2011, 09:45:36 PM

Not this year, Scotlands coefficient dropped. Hence why Celtic is straight into the Europa league. They have to go through 2 rounds of quals, being in the champions bracket. Between the 20 Champions in round 3, 5 will make it to the group stages.

Thanks, didn't know that.  Good knowledge.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

nevzter

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 07, 2011, 09:42:54 PM
I really think the lad deserves one last go. He know Jolly Jol, he knows Duff -

And I think he's still Europa League quality.

That's quality. 
Gracias, Mr. Fulham.

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: nevzter on June 07, 2011, 09:51:10 PM

For next years competition, their coefficient went back up, theyll have 2 spots, but they lose a bunch of points from when Celtic went to the knockout rounds against Milan... and they have something like a 3 pts each year from the last 2 years of failure in Europe... Scotlands teams need to go quite far in Europe this year to keep their 2 spots.
The Dude abides.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 07, 2011, 09:56:36 PM
Quote from: nevzter on June 07, 2011, 09:51:10 PM

For next years competition, their coefficient went back up, theyll have 2 spots, but they lose a bunch of points from when Celtic went to the knockout rounds against Milan... and they have something like a 3 pts each year from the last 2 years of failure in Europe... Scotlands teams need to go quite far in Europe this year to keep their 2 spots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#Current_ranking

Basically they have to do better than the Swiss teams in Europe (that, or hope the Romanian teams do poorly again).

Jack Fulham

Sounds like lazy journalism to me, all of Jol's ex players will be linked with us now.

finnster01

Quote from: Jack Fulham on June 07, 2011, 11:48:29 PM
Sounds like lazy journalism to me, all of Jol's ex players will be linked with us now.
Something tells me Gareth Bale will not be one of them  :58:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Vinnieffc

Robbie Keane  :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: (I maybe slightly biased though)

The Equalizer

This is just a crap story doing the rounds for the umpteenth time. Robbie Keane is a shadow of his former self but every time a transfer window pops up he becomes odds on favourite to sign for us. A load of codswollop.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

maksimir

It's on the back page of the Irish Sun over here but does reek of lazy journalism.

I'd definitely sign him BUT on a one year contract on realistic wages - if he comes on those terms then he wants to come for the right reasons.  A lot of people in Ireland don't like him aswell (mainly due to his flash missus) but he is a natural finisher.  Can you imagine Bent/Defoe/Crouch even Bobby scoring two from three chances away in Eastern Europe when you're not playing first team football?  He is a decent player.

Jimpav

Would love him if the wages were right. He's a great scorer of goals as opposed to a scorer of great goals.

We've not had a prolific poacher for a long time but with BZ teeing him up he could be deadly. Bit like super Erik Nevland.