more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gold cup

Started by clintclintdeuce, June 07, 2011, 11:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: finnster01 on June 16, 2011, 10:28:26 AM
Well you gents just missed on a massive opportunity to lock up Lawrie Sanchez.

He would tell you how he beat Spain more often than Tommy Smythe can say guiness. What's there not to like about that?  :58:

Well, Bradley beat Spain at the ConFed Cup, Rather handily, I might add. Didn't help against Panama.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

clintclintdeuce

Gold Cup quarters.... looking for Honduras and whoever Mexico is playing to go though. Theyve got to be getting tired... those who are off of PEDs at least.

And for those who are sweating Jamaica, I expect the US to be full form tomorrow, and scoring loads.
The Dude abides.

YankeeJim

Well CCD, the Mexicrybabies have been allowed to replace their 5 roid boys. Sad to say, they are looking very strong. Lets hope the Guats spring a surprise. It would be the greatest thing in that countries history.

If Bradley can find 11 guys who will pay attention for the first 20 and not leak a goal, we should get to the quarters. If not, does anyone have Klinsman's (sp) number? Hopefully, Sunni has someone else in mind. How about Loudy Foudy? At least she understood effort and winning.

clintclintdeuce

Would be a mockery and a disgrace if we dont make the finals... and I dont fathom anything less will happen.

I just wish we could see the same effort and determination that we saw against Egypt in 2009. That was probably my favourite win of all time. We are top 5 in the world when we play like that. It spells INCONSISTANT.
The Dude abides.

Logicalman

Mexico / Guatemala game just started on Univision channel

Logicalman

M 0 - 1 G  Ruiz 5th minute  

:yay:

Great ball over the top, and Ruiz chips the keeper

YankeeJim

My buddy Edgar Moreno must be jumping over the moon. He came up here 25 years ago after getting a real bad time from the Mexican border guards. That is why the Guats hate the Mexicrybabies so much.

But, God I hate Ruiz. He is such a flopping turd. That's why his nickname is El Pescador.

clintclintdeuce

Guatemalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllla
The Dude abides.

clintclintdeuce

Half time and Guatemalas up. Guatemala will become my heros if they win.
The Dude abides.

clintclintdeuce

The Dude abides.

Logicalman

Yep, unfortunately the Mexicans came back with two pretty good goals, and took the tie, so they now face Honduras, wo beat Costa Rica on penalties in the other QF.

Today we have Jamaica against our very own heroes, at 3PM (EST) and then Panama play El Salvador at 6PM.

Fox Soccer Channel shows the first game (prog starts at 2:30) together with Galavision (starting at 3PM) , Univision has the Panama game on at 6.

Should be interesting ...

clintclintdeuce

2-0 final score for the Yanks. Bob was good today. Rooting for a rematch with Panama.
The Dude abides.

HatterDon

yes, CCD, very good in that both new starters -- Bedoya and Sacha -- were influential from the very beginning, that the new starter he brought in for Panama -- Lichaj -- had another brilliant match, and that Agudelo had another strong outing. I can't think of what he's done this tourney that has everyone so down on him. All of his substitutions have improved play on the field markedly. We're still not finishing as well as we might. It's not Bradley's fault, though, today I think you have to blame Donovan Ricketts for the final score NOT being 5-0.

My only problem with Bradley is that he's starting Jones next to his son instead of Maurice Edu -- although Jones has played very well. I don't like the guy's play generally, and he's indisciplined and a walking  :yellow: . Of course, Edu and Jones are just placeholders. Our default central midfield going forward will be Bradley-Holden.

Good match today. Bring on whoever.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

clintclintdeuce

HD, no doubt Bob has made good subs, I think what gets people going is the opening 20 mins of nonsense that the US starts off with almost every single match. Also, his starting lineups and formations iritate alot of folk, including me.

I think Jones is fantastic. I really love the pace and stregnth his play brings into the side.... especially against the Latino sides.

Would prefer Holden down a flank, with two aggressive holding midfielders. I think possibly a 4-5-1 is our best formation... with Clint playing CAM.
The Dude abides.

YankeeJim

Jones did have a very nice dive that got a red. Heck, you'd thought he was Italian. His yellow could have been a red. Yea he got popped in the nose but his leg sweep was un-called for.

I do agree with Don when it comes to Jones. He is a solid player but I'd prefer Edu until we get a healthy Holden back. With Bradley & Jones we have two mids who seem to attract cards. We'll see what the two can do against Mexico's pace & most certainly what will be a pro mex ref. It is CONCACAF after all.

HatterDon

Face it, YJ, based on the strength of the two squads -- especially with us down to only two full-time strikers healthy -- any result better than a two-goal defeat would be appropriate for us against Mexico right now. We ain't got the hosses and they do.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

clintclintdeuce

Dont think youll find that we will play anyone pacier than the Jamaicans, and actually we looked quick.

Mexico may have 1 horse up top HD, but weve got a stable of them in the midfield and in goal.
The Dude abides.

Porkopolis

I was really pleased with the result today, but we have to avoid the catastrophic mental lapses that we have 3-4 times per game. We got away with it against Jamaica, we won't against a better side.

I was thrilled to see Clint finish nicely today. He took a lot of heat for his gaffe in the group phase and I'm happy he got a shot at redemption.

YankeeJim

The thing about today is we were lucky. Jones could have seen red for retaliation & that one goal mouth scramble early on really should have had us down early and that makes for a totaly different match. Ricketts was strong in goal with 10 saves including two on strong shots by the Texas dynamo. Why he fell for a head fake on Clint's goal is something I didn't understand.

As to mexico, I don't think we'll beat them either but we have been getting better with each match. I think they'll go up the gut at us since that is where we are weakest; no speed and little strength. Perhaps Bob should park Jones in front of the back four as sort of a sweeper. I'd rather have Baby Brad going forward then Jones. Course, Landon aways seems to gird for battle against mexico. That's why they play the games.

Come on Honduras!

clintclintdeuce

I dont for a second think we will lose to the Mexicans, nor was I impressed with their effort against Costa Rica. We will be at our best style of football, we are traditionallly a counter attacking side, and we will always be better in set peice situations. As long as the refs are neutral, we should come out on top.... by the score of 2-0
The Dude abides.