watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

El Hamdaoui linked to Fulham

Started by sipwell, June 08, 2011, 09:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

Dutch press so I cannot show you any proof that you'll understand. Basically the articles say that Jol and El Hamdaoui had a very good working relation with one another and that El Hamdaoui would not be unhappy if he could work with his former manager again. In an article he said that he is still in regular contact with his former manager and that he would be happy if that relation could be continued. He has also been linked to Spurs. Apparently his price has risen again (a couple of weeks ago they asked 2,5 million euro for him). That has been doubled.

The title of the article is "Jol takes El Hamdaoui with him to Fulham"

'Jol neemt El Hamdaoui mee naar Fulham'

Mounir El Hamdaoui zal de ontwikkelingen rondom Martin Jol met veel belangstelling hebben gevolgd. De kans lijkt groot dat de nieuwe trainer van Fulham de spits meeneemt naar Engeland, meldt RTV Noord-Holland.

Het is geen geheim dat Jol en El Hamdaoui een goede relatie onderhouden. De spits staat nog onder contract bij Ajax, maar beide partijen kwamen al tot de conclusie dat het niet botert. Een transfer lijkt daarom de beste oplossing.

De geboren Rotterdammer heeft een hoge pet op van Jol. "Erg jammer dat hij weg is, omdat hij een goede trainer is en ook een tof mens is met wie ik een goede band had. We hebben nog steeds contact", zo vertelde El Hamdaoui ruim een maand na het vertrek van de voormalige Ajax-coach.

Jol werd dinsdag aangesteld als hoofdtrainer van Fulham. De oefenmeester kreeg reeds te horen dat er ruimte is voor versterkingen. "Waar mogelijk zullen wij ons proberen te versterken met één of twee goede spelers", aldus Jol.

Een gedeelte van het budget van eigenaar Mohamed Al-Fayed zal waarschijnlijk worden aangewend om El Hamdaoui aan te trekken. De spits, die ook in de belangstelling staat van Trabzonspor, Tottenham Hotspur en Sevilla, kost naar verluidt een kleine vijf miljoen euro.

http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/site/nieuws/168314/Jol_neemt_El_Hamdaoui_mee_naar_Fulham.html

Personally I rate El Hamdaoui a lot. He is a typical striker with eyes for the goal only. This video shows you why:

Top 10: Mounir El Hamdaoui

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

elgreenio

couple of lovely finishes in there, the rest are ordinary (though think he'd only been on the pitch all of 30 seconds for that goal at No.10).

What type of player is he and would he work well with BZ? quick? workhorse? drops off the front line? fox in the box?
touch my camera through the fence

sipwell

Quote from: elgreenio on June 08, 2011, 10:05:36 AM
couple of lovely finishes in there, the rest are ordinary (though think he'd only been on the pitch all of 30 seconds for that goal at No.10).

What type of player is he and would he work well with BZ? quick? workhorse? drops off the front line? fox in the box?

He is a finisher. I think he could partner very well with Zamora (as he attracts defenders). He is a "fox in the box" kind of player. Also, he scores A LOT of goals: 50 goals in 81 games for AZ, 13 goals in 22 games for Ajax.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

From Sport 1 http://www.sport1.nl/nieuws/19297-matavz-vervangt-mounir-az-aast-op-drenthe.html

The long-awaited transfer of Mounir El Hamdaoui to Fulham is almost done. Ajax striker following the departure of Martin Jol banished to the bench, but it is in England another chance to coach his beloved work.

Ajax receives about 4.5 million euros for the Moroccan who is only one season of Amsterdam. El Hamdaoui was last years top scorer with 13 goals in the Arena Club, but could not get along with coach Frank de Boer.

The Equalizer

I really hope that I'm not the only one who has in the last 24 hours become EXTREMELY excited about the coming season. I've got a very good feeling about this...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Andy_M

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 08, 2011, 10:28:27 AM
I really hope that I'm not the only one who has in the last 24 hours become EXTREMELY excited about the coming season. I've got a very good feeling about this...

I'm with you, I think it's fantastic how quickly the club has moved to appoint someone and in my opinion has appointed the right person too!
@got_maile

leonffc

I think 'Mr Fulham' predicted this also. He hoped this fella would help keep Moussa. Here's hoping

elgreenio

Ajax have accepted a bid rumoured to be €3.8 - 4m from an un-named Turkish club. Had better get in there quick if Jol thinks he's the way to go

Tom

I think he looks pretty darn good and I would take him plus he is young and we need more good young players.
Fulham for life!

aFFCn_Fan

Sipwell, when they were both at Alkmaar, what position did Moussa play in comparison to El Hamdaoui?
@hincharoo

finnster01

Scho, what he ish shaying ish if it washnt for Jol Schteve McLarensh would have been hish schecond choisch
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: elgreenio on June 08, 2011, 11:00:45 AM
Ajax have accepted a bid rumoured to be €3.8 - 4m from an un-named Turkish club. Had better get in there quick if Jol thinks he's the way to go

From another website, he said back in May that he did not want to go to turkey:

Turkish outfits, Galatasaray SK and Trabzonspor, have shown keen interest in signing the Moroccan International, but Hamdaoui has already made it clear that he does not want to pursue his career in Turkey.

elgreenio

didn't know that. Whether he'd feel the same if this is the only offer for him and it was the choice between first team football there or playing a bit-part role at Ajax under a manager who clearly doesn't fancy him is a different matter.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: elgreenio on June 08, 2011, 11:19:28 AM
didn't know that. Whether he'd feel the same if this is the only offer for him and it was the choice between first team football there or playing a bit-part role at Ajax under a manager who clearly doesn't fancy him is a different matter.

Obviously, but with Jol now back in the premier league, I bet he and his agent are biding their time. If Jol goes for him, I am 99% sure he would jump at the chance to make a return to the UK.

luckykat

+1

Tom

Quote from: luckykat on June 08, 2011, 11:40:51 AM
+1
+2
Fulham for life!

King_Crud

Quote from: sipwell on June 08, 2011, 10:15:13 AM
Also, he scores A LOT of goals: 50 goals in 81 games for AZ, 13 goals in 22 games for Ajax.
He could be the next Kezman!

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

elgreenio

AlFayedsChequebook

The difference between all of those mentioned is that we would 'gamble' at most €5m