News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Watched the match at the cottage last night...

Started by Jimpav, February 26, 2010, 07:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

I couldn't make the trip to Shakhatar so decided that watching the match at the cottage last night was the next best thing.

They were showing the match in cafe at the cottage/Haynes place. Nice little venue, quite smart - felt like a Fulham themed Star Bucks with some old pictures on the wall and FFC etched glass.

Plenty of tables/sofas and a few flat screens dotted about the walls showing the match

Staff were very welcoming and professional. Very polite and accomodating. I assume that some of them were fro the hospitality team as the service was polished.

There were about 60-70 people by kick off. Good atmosphere. Lots of shouting/cheering/gasping in equal measure. Bit like a match day atmosphere minus the singing.

Beers were sold at match day prices but only bottles - which made it pricier than the pub.

All in all it was a good experience and I would recommmend it if you can't make Juve away.

White Noise

Thanks for that Jim.

Did I read it was a fiver to get in and then a pie and a print free to get you started?

Was Mr Ska in evidence?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Jimpav on February 26, 2010, 07:03:47 PM

I couldn't make the trip to Shakhatar so decided that watching the match at the cottage last night was the next best thing.

They were showing the match in cafe at the cottage/Haynes place. Nice little venue, quite smart - felt like a Fulham themed Star Bucks with some old pictures on the wall and FFC etched glass.

Plenty of tables/sofas and a few flat screens dotted about the walls showing the match

Staff were very welcoming and professional. Very polite and accomodating. I assume that some of them were fro the hospitality team as the service was polished.

There were about 60-70 people by kick off. Good atmosphere. Lots of shouting/cheering/gasping in equal measure. Bit like a match day atmosphere minus the singing.

Beers were sold at match day prices but only bottles - which made it pricier than the pub.

All in all it was a good experience and I would recommmend it if you can't make Juve away.

Bottled Football beer :(.Why didn't they do it in the Riverside Stand where you can get a pricey but proper pint?

Fernhurst

Thank you Jimpav - good report, sounds like a good evening was had by all.

Sounds a bit of a posh do for us Fulham boys bought up playing "Golden Apples" in the streets.

Golden Apples???? ask your fatherGrandfather what that was!

mrska

I watched it around South London Whites.. with our young ladies . before going on to a quiz night with the team name FLIPPIN FANTASTIC FULHAM THROUGH IN THE EUROPA CUP!!!

Jimpav

It was free to get in mate but pie and beer was a fiver so reasonable. They gave us leftover pies at the end also which was a nice touch!

With you there Fred. Draft beer is always worth extra. I suppose that if they did it in the Riverside they would have to open the ground up.

Not heard of Golden apples- not sure if I should ask my Gran either?! I'll google it. Was a bit  posh but good atmosphere. Hoping to get to Turin but hadn't planned on us getting this far.

Hope the quiz went as well as the match Skasie!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: mrska on February 26, 2010, 08:29:54 PM
I watched it around South London Whites.. with our young ladies . before going on to a quiz night with the team name FLIPPIN FANTASTIC FULHAM THROUGH IN THE EUROPA CUP!!!
Did you play car keys in the hat? ::)

mrska

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 26, 2010, 09:01:41 PM
Quote from: mrska on February 26, 2010, 08:29:54 PM
Did you play car keys in the hat? ::)

Knowing my luck i'd end up with Jay SLW!