watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nicklas Bendtner

Started by WhiteJC, June 08, 2011, 07:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Bayern Munich, Fulham & the other clubs who could sign Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner
Goal.com takes a look at the Danish striker's options if he leaves the Emirates as expected for pastures new

Danish striker Nicklas Bendtner appears to be on his way out of the Emirates. He pulled no punches to sporten.dk saying, "I have decided 100 per cent that I must leave Arsenal."

Gunners fans are unlikely to shed any tears when their number 52 moves on. Bendtner has failed to win over the supporters after he inked a new five-year deal with the Londoners in 2007.

He will perhaps be best remembered for his feats against Barcelona. Last year the 23-year-old gave Arsenal a shock lead at Camp Nou before succumbing to a Lionel Messi massacre. Twelve months on Bendtner wasted a great chance at the same venue which would have put Arsenal ahead on away goals against the eventual Champions League winners.

A whole host of clubs are leading the chase for Bendtner's signature and Unibet have the prices on where the Dane will end up next. If you are curious he's 2.75 to stay at Arsenal for another year.

Bayern Munich @ 2.75
Miroslav Klose's expected departure from the Allianz Arena opens up a berth at the German big guns. Bayern have been frequently linked with Bendtner and the prospect of Champions League may be too much to turn down. Mario Gomez's hot run of form may be a deterrent though.

Wolfsburg @ 10.0
German champions just two years ago Die Wolfe narrowly survived relegation last season. Returning boss Felix Magath will be given money to spend and is well known for getting the best out of tall strikers like Edin Dzeko.

Aston Villa @ 12.0
Minus a manager Villa would be an unlikely choice for Bendtner. Owner Randy Lerner has already splashed out on Darren Bent and will wait until he hires a new boss before opening his chequebook again. A Bent/Bendtner strikeforce could be attractive for fans but less so for commentators.

Bayer Leverkusen @ 12.0
Last season's second place means Bayer Leverkusen are returning to the Champions League arena. They will certainly need the cash after losing their primary sponsor so a move for Bendtner looks doubtful. If it did happen football's nearly man could fit in quite snugly at the club dubbed Neverkusen due to their inability to win anything a la Arsenal 2005 - present.

Fulham @ 15.0
Since moving to Arsenal in 2005 as a 17-year old Bendtner is very familiar with London. New Fulham boss Martin Jol will certainly be on the lookout for a striker and although he has been already linked with old favourite Robbie Keane don't discount Bendtner swapping north London for Craven Cottage. Europa League football is also on offer.

Selected Others
Borussia Dortmund @ 12.0
Hamburg @ 12.0
Blackburn Rovers @ 20.0
Sunderland @ 20.0
Newcastle United @ 25.0

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2994/betting/2011/06/08/2523481/bayern-munich-fulham-the-other-clubs-who-could-sign-arsenals?

Jack Fulham

No thanks if we get El Hammer

ron

No thanks in any event. Strutting egos and overrated players don't fit through the Cottage portals.

bog

NO THANKS! NO WAY! :014: :019: :016: :031:

BlacknWhite

Am i the only one here who wouldn't mind signing him. With the most likely departure of E.johnson and Kamara it would be handy. Even if he were to be sat on the bench for most of the season with I think would be unlikely. Towards the end of this season hughes really showed the importance of having options forward on the bench.

Fletchino

I think he should take the season off to go skiing nobody would even notice

ImperialWhite

That's a yes from me* - when Zamora was injured, we were in big trouble. We need another good quality centre forward.

Some stats
For Les Arse - 22 goals in 98 games
For the Bluenoses - 11 goals in 42 games
For the national side of the Vikings and Sandi Toksvig - 12 goals in 38 games.

All together now (career stats) - 196 games, 58 goals, 31 assists.

He's tall, he has a good eye for goal and he was born within a week of myself** (so young and likely to improve).

:54:

*caveat : unless the wages are mental.
**he's 23.

Brede Butter Pudding

If his wages were acceptable and we could get him for £10mil or less, I'd take him. Jol would slap that ego out of him no problem.

finnster01

He's a good player. Immature, but a good young player.

He will surely go to Germany though.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Nick the Swede

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 08, 2011, 11:44:56 PM
If his wages were acceptable and we could get him for £10mil or less, I'd take him. Jol would slap that ego out of him no problem.

+1
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Burt

I wouldn't say no, if he can get his act together and his wages aren't daft.

Fernhurst

Quote from: ron on June 08, 2011, 09:19:32 PM
No thanks in any event. Strutting egos and overrated players don't fit through the Cottage portals.

Good shout Ron........ Robbie Keane also falls into that category

OldBrownShoe

No thanks, not ever. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.  Sunderland seem to be in the market for just about anybody at the moment. Perhaps they will take him.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

AlFayedsChequebook

He would be a star here BUT he wouldn't come and if he did, would not sit on the bench. This would mean he would probably be fighting with Zamora for a starting spot.

IMO, he would be a good signing but it may be more beneficial for the club to go for a cheaper backup to Bobby, and perhaps a young guy who needs bits and peices of first team experience.

theo

Really don't want him to get signed to us because of his ego and the fact I think he's pretty overrated.

elgreenio

would find it highly unlikely that he'd to us. I'd welcome him with open arms if he did, there's no denying he's talented, just a shame these vital years have been wasted as a bit-part player, and mostly on the wing. Oh, and wouldn't say he has an ego problem at all, he's just very confident in his abilities
touch my camera through the fence

BarryP

I thought ego was a symonym for striker.  Sign him and let him put the ball in the back of the net for Fulham.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."