watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New York Snow

Started by finnster01, February 26, 2010, 05:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

This New York snow shite is getting on my nerves. It is impossible to drive, walk or find a cab at the moment. If it wasn't for the "lovely" subway, I wouldn't know what to do.

What happened to global warming?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

welcome to the north east. Several years ago, west of Boston, we got 36" in one hit. The tv said 36" so I went out to measure it. It was 36".

The date.....march 31 I believe.

Do you ski?

Steve_orino

Yep, over here in Texas(Dallas), we've had a record for snowfall in a day...12 inches.  Not much, compared to 36" but for us it's quite a bit.

We think it is neat when it snows...can't imagine it every day though.

Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

RidgeRider

Well Finn, it is pissing down rain here again. I swear I've landed in Seattle in some Wizard of Oz like way. Race starts in just under 4 hours and I'll need a full pot of joe to get the motivation to get in my car to drive 2 hours to ride for 2 hours, in this shite, as hard as I can. Wish me luck.

BTW: it is still February and technically winter.  ;)

Logicalman

Quote from: jarv on February 26, 2010, 06:45:17 PM
welcome to the north east. Several years ago, west of Boston, we got 36" in one hit. The tv said 36" so I went out to measure it. It was 36".

Do you ski?

I think you'll find that was a decade ago now. I recall the storm came through the midwest dropping around 3-4 feetbefore moving on Eastwards and collecting more moisture to drop on you lot!!!  I recall it so well because it was my first time driving up to Chicago, for a date even, and after renting a Grand Am, I managed to spin it off twice on SR30 on my way up there. I should have known it was an omen, as I ended up marrying the tart I was off to see, but it ended not too long afterwards!!!!  ::)

clintclintdeuce

Man, Im in Jacksonville Florida for another week, and its been as low as 32* out.... it was almost 60* yesterday though during the day.
The Dude abides.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Logicalman on February 28, 2010, 07:37:07 PM
Quote from: jarv on February 26, 2010, 06:45:17 PM

Do you ski?

I think you'll find that was a decade ago now. I recall the storm came through the midwest dropping around 3-4 feetbefore moving on Eastwards and collecting more moisture to drop on you lot!!!  I recall it so well because it was my first time driving up to Chicago, for a date even, and after renting a Grand Am, I managed to spin it off twice on SR30 on my way up there. I should have known it was an omen, as I ended up marrying the tart I was off to see, but it ended not too long afterwards!!!!  ::)

I think that was in 1997 or 1998. During March Madness. I lived in Boston then and drove back from Rochester, NH that day with a business colleague to downtown. It was an amazing storm.

MrCheviot

The black slush lakes surrounding each street corner last week were intense!!

I hate living in NYC during the winter. *HATE* it.

Can't wait for the weather to finally turn, need to be outside riding my bikes.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

Logicalman

Quote from: MrCheviot on March 04, 2010, 04:43:39 AM
The black slush lakes surrounding each street corner last week were intense!!

I hate living in NYC during the winter. *HATE* it.

Can't wait for the weather to finally turn, need to be outside riding my bikes.

You should consider moving to the other coast then, and you can ride out with RR