watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lighthouse chippy on Northend rd.

Started by FatFreddysCat, June 12, 2011, 04:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Ever been in there Lighthouse? I went past it today and i'm sure it's the one i occaisonally stopped at a few times whilst doing a bit of overtime on the dust. If it is the sameone with the same owners its worth checking out, the fish was a very big very white and very nice.Anyone been in there lately? what's it like now?

TheDaddy

It has new owners Fred the pervious owner that was there years ago was murdered there so the family sold up...Did brilliant  087.gif fritters..
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Burt

When is Fishers going to re-open following their fire?

That place was the dogs wotsits, and greatly missed.

Admin

Quote from: Burt on June 13, 2011, 08:16:45 PM

Damn right!! A stumble out of the Golden Lion, foot long bit of cod and a cement bag of chips for the tube ride home from Putney Bridge. Greatly missed.

TheDaddy

heard a rumour that its not going to open mind you just a rumour.

FatFreddysCat

Had some lovely calamarie from there, cant eat fish when i'm drinking as it make me  :020: .

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: TheDaddy on June 13, 2011, 08:13:42 PM
It has new owners Fred the pervious owner that was there years ago was murdered there so the family sold up...Did brilliant  087.gif fritters..
Have you been there lately the Daddy, is it still good, not the fritters, the fish and chips.  For any near Noltholt fish lovers, Harry's on the Lady Mageret rd is superb, i even brave the wonderful traffic to go there, even though there are a few nearer.

Burt

Quote from: TheDaddy on June 13, 2011, 08:23:35 PM

heard a rumour that its not going to open mind you just a rumour.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...   090.gif

TheDaddy

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 13, 2011, 08:25:59 PM

Had some lovely calamarie from there, cant eat fish when i'm drinking as it make me  :020: .
same here just a differant reason it takes up far to much space saved for beer

Burt

Just been on to Fisher's web site:

---

We are currently CLOSED to all customers due to fire damage at the restaurant.

We are making good progress in getting things back up and running and we will be serving again as soon as we possibly can. We will update this website as soon as we have more information from our contractors as to exact dates when we will re-open.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for supporting us and assure you we are doing everything in our power to get the friers back up and running for you ASAP!

The Fisher's "Family"

---

http://fishersfishandchips.com/

TheDaddy

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 13, 2011, 08:28:20 PM
Quote from: TheDaddy on June 13, 2011, 08:13:42 PM
Have you been there lately the Daddy, is it still good, not the fritters, the fish and chips.  For any near Noltholt fish lovers, Harry's on the Lady Mageret rd is superb, i even brave the wonderful traffic to go there, even though there are a few nearer.
yes mate working just round the corner at the mo west brompton always pop in and if im working with new staff i take them there for the finest cod, big portions and more importantly bloody tasty

Tomo

Yeah George was shot a few years back, it's a decent fish shop my Nan enjoys the Cod I don't. Chips are quite nice though.. On speaking about the Fisher my dad's pal used to own it a few years back and suprisingly that's why we call him Dave The Fish..

Oh and Fred apparently the Codfather in Oldfield Circus does delicious Cod bites. When I lived in Northolt fish & chips were slim picking down to that chinese fish and chip shop on the corner not sure if it's still there.

I'm a bit of a fish and chip connoisseur.

Oh yeah if any of you live in around the Selsey area I recommened Mrs.Lucks Fish & Chip shop.. Only open on a saturday & sunday but it's a different gravy she's been there for 30 odd years though so i'm sure she's fried a few portions of chips haha.  076.gif
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

clintclintdeuce

Been there a few times, absolutly fantastic. Hopefully its back running when Im back in town!
The Dude abides.

The Equalizer

The Lighthouse was my local chippy when I was a kid (having been brought up on Clem Attlee Court). The chips in there were always fantastic and I went in there as often as possible.

I never heard about the old owner getting murdered though, shocking news.

Out of interest, there's a new fish and chip shop that's opened on the Lower Richmond Road near the Half Moon. It's called The Putney Pier and looks pretty decent from the outside. I might pop in later and sample their wares and report back.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Tomo on June 14, 2011, 01:37:29 AM
Yeah George was shot a few years back, it's a decent fish shop my Nan enjoys the Cod I don't. Chips are quite nice though.. On speaking about the Fisher my dad's pal used to own it a few years back and suprisingly that's why we call him Dave The Fish..

Oh and Fred apparently the Codfather in Oldfield Circus does delicious Cod bites. When I lived in Northolt fish & chips were slim picking down to that chinese fish and chip shop on the corner not sure if it's still there.

I'm a bit of a fish and chip connoisseur.

Oh yeah if any of you live in around the Selsey area I recommened Mrs.Lucks Fish & Chip shop.. Only open on a saturday & sunday but it's a different gravy she's been there for 30 odd years though so i'm sure she's fried a few portions of chips haha.  076.gif
Yeah been in the Codfather, i didn't rate it to be honest, but loads do. The Chinky one is still there, or you could have tried the one by the clock in Northolt Village.