more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (16/06/11)

Started by WhiteJC, June 16, 2011, 07:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham's Moussa Dembele looking forward to the challenge of European football
The 23-year-old Belgian international admits he has found his debut season in English football tough going but believes he will be stronger next year as club enter Europa League

Fulham forward Moussa Dembele has declared his excitement over the opportunity to play in the Europa League and expects great things at Craven Cottage this season.

The Belgian international believes he has settled well despite the physical rigours of the Premier League and thinks he will be better equipped to perform next season.

Speaking to the club's official website, Dembele said: "It was my first year and when you come in you always want to do well and prove yourself. The Premier League is the best in the world and I'm very satisfied right now - although I can do much better.

"When a player arrives in England, from the very start people ask questions. 'Can they compete in this league?' 'Will the play be too physical?' 'Can he impose himself on matches?'

"Ten months on I'm in a position where I can answer those questions. Yes I can. I have always had confidence in the way that I play and I knew from the very start that I could cope. It has been a real challenge, I cannot deny that. But I think I will become a much better player for the experience."

Dembele looks set to play a huge part at Craven Cottage next season and is now relishing the opportunity to compete in the Europe.

"We will be playing in the Uefa Europa League too, and that is something that I am really looking forward too," he said.

"I know that the club did very well in that competition a few years back and I know we would all like to be successful again.

"It's an early start for us, but we have to look at the positives – it is fantastic that this club will be playing in Europe for a second time in three seasons. Fulham played some of Europe's top teams last time, and it would be great to experience nights like that myself.

"I'm looking forward to the challenge."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/15/2533480/fulhams-moussa-dembele-looking-forward-to-the-challenge-of?

WhiteJC

Fulham to make double raid on Tottenham

The new Fulham manager Martin Jol, who used to be in charge at White Hart Lane, is reportedly going to make a double raid on Tottenham this summer.

Jol intends to make his own stamp on the Fulham team this summer, and has reportedly decided to try and take two Tottenham misfits to Craven Cottage that have fallen out of favour with Harry Redknapp.

First up is the Republic of Ireland striker Robbie Keane, who recently scored his 51st goal for his country, but couldn't get a game at Tottenham, despite all of Redknapp's strikers misfiring all season.

His second target is Alan Hutton, the fiery Scotsman who has fallen out with Redknapp more than once and will be more than happy to move away from White Hart Lane.

With Redknapp promising a clearout of his peripheral players this summer, Jol may be able to get both of them for around £10m. Can they both revive their careers again under Jol at Fulham?

http://www.footylatest.com/fulham-to-make-double-raid-on-tottenham/22784?

WhiteJC

Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey to attend family weddings, won't rejoin U.S. national soccer team for CONCACAF Gold Cup quarterfinal against Jamaica until this weekend

andon Donovan and Clint Dempsey will attend family weddings this weekend and miss preparations for the U.S. national soccer team's CONCACAF Gold Cup quarterfinal Sunday against Jamaica at RFK Stadium, the U.S. Soccer Federation said. Both are scheduled to travel Saturday night and play in the 3 p.m. match.

While the U.S. squad flew to Washington from Kansas City, Mo., on Wednesday, Donovan and Dempsey, the team's most influential attacking players, were headed to California and Texas, respectively. Coach Bob Bradley granted their requests for time-off well before the tournament, USSF spokesman Michael Kammarman told the Insider.

Each player's sister is getting married Saturday.

For additional information.....

"Family means a lot to them and it was important to attend," Kammarman said.

Had the Americans finished third in Group C and, consequently, forced to play Mexico on Saturday at New Meadowlands Stadium in New Jersey, the players would've skipped the weddings, Kammarman said.

Dempsey is from a tight-knit family, a bond strengthened after another sister, Jennifer, died of a brain aneurysm in 1995. Donovan and his sister, Tristan, are twins.

The United States, which struggled in the group stage of the tournament and finished second behind Panama, will face undefeated Jamaica, the Group B winner, Sunday afternoon in Washington.

Both players participated in regeneration activities Wednesday in the Kansas City area, the day after a 1-0 victory over Guadeloupe in the group finale.

With a light workout scheduled for Thursday and Saturday's session primarily dedicated to tactics and stadium acclimation, Donovan and Dempsey will miss only one intensive practice (Friday).

Both are scheduled to travel to Washington on Saturday evening. Though they are accustomed to traveling long distances for matches, their late arrival won't afford them much time to rest and prepare. Had the United States won the group, it wouldn't have played until 6 p.m. Sunday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/post/landon-donovan-and-clint-dempsey-to-attend-family-weddings-wont-rejoin-us-national-soccer-team-for-concacaf-gold-cup-quarterfinal-against-jamaica-until-this-weekend/2011/06/15/AGcXSdWH_blog.html?wprss=soccer-insider

WhiteJC

Moussa's Expectations
by LORK on JUNE 15, 2011

New article on the offal where Dembele who impressed everyone with his balance and silky skills talks about his first season in the league and his hopes for the next one. Let's hope he starts it here.

After a promising debut season, Mousa Dembélé is already looking forward to the start of a second campaign in English football.

Since his arrival in SW6 last August, the 23-year-old has regularly been something of a talking point – impressing with his skill, poise and infectious desire for the ball. The Belgium international turned heads.

"It was my first year and when you come in you always want to do well and prove yourself," Mousa told fulhamfc.com. "The Premier League is the best in the world and I'm very satisfied right now – although I can do much better.

"When a player arrives in England, from the very start people ask questions. Can they compete in this league? Will the play be too physical? Can he impose himself on matches?

"Ten months on I'm in a position where I can answer those questions. Yes I can. I have always had confidence in the way that I play and I knew from the very start that I could cope.

"It has been a real challenge, I cannot deny that. But I think I will become a much better player for the experience."

Having announced himself in notable style, there is no doubt that Dembélé looks set to play a key role in the Whites' future. His transition into English football has been relatively smooth so far, however, next season may prove more of a test for the mercurial forward – a challenge he is already relishing.

"Next year will be even better," predicts Mousa. "Personally, my expectations will be even higher and I want to play a greater part for the team. Playing for Fulham against the big teams and world class players excites me.

"We will be playing in the UEFA Europa League too, and that is something that I am really looking forward to. I know that the Club did very well in that competition a few years back and I know we would all like to be successful again.

"It's an early start for us, but we have to look at the positives – it is fantastic that this Club will be playing in Europe for a second time in three seasons. Fulham played some of Europe's top teams last time, and it would be great to experience nights like that myself.

"I'm looking forward to the challenge."

Players of his ilk have always been appreciated at the Cottage, from the days of George Best and Rodney Marsh to the more recent presence of Louis Saha and Luis Boa Morte. The Fulham faithful have always held a soft spot for a showman.

But as graceful off the pitch as he is on, Dembélé looks set to become a popular figure on the banks of the Thames for his humility as much as his skills.

"I think it's important to have a good relationship with the supporters," he explains. "They got behind us last season and even in that disappointing defeat against Liverpool they kept on until the end. The atmosphere is fantastic and when you walk out from the Cottage they are right there.

"I'm hopeful that we can have many things to celebrate over the coming years. They have welcomed me to their club and for that I am very thankful. When I see fans with Dembélé on the back of their shirt it makes me very happy. It's nice to be appreciated and I would like to make them happy in return."

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/06/moussas-expectations/

WhiteJC

Why Aston Villa snubbed Mark Hughes
• Former Fulham manager wanted bigger budget
• Al Fayed close to former Villa chairman Doug Ellis

As Alex McLeish entered into discussions with Aston Villa on Wednesday, angry fans must wonder why their club did not pursue Mark Hughes instead. The day after a managerial vacancy opened at Villa Park the former Wales manager exercised a break clause in his Fulham contract to leave the west London club.

"This decision to leave Fulham has not been influenced by any outside party," Hughes said at the time. "Neither myself nor my representative have approached or have been approached by another club." That is of course not to say Hughes did not bat his eyelashes towards the former European Cup winners. Villa acknowledged it privately at the time, but were said not to have pursued him because they considered the manner of his departure unseemly.

Yet Hughes's is as nothing against McLeish's resignation by email from Birmingham City to join Blues' bitterest rivals. So where did Hughes go wrong? Well, Digger hears Villa was the wrong bigger club for him to move up the managerial ladder. Fans at Fulham's last game of the season, which confirmed an eighth-place finish in the Premier League, saw Hughes receive short shrift from Mohamed Al Fayed during the chairman's lap of honour. It was clear then that theirs was not a match made in heaven.

Unfortunately for any Villa ambitions Hughes may have harboured, Fayed is very close to Doug Ellis, who is still heard at Villa Park, and it is believed Fayed was asked to write a reference for the Welshman. Throw in the fact that Hughes is said to see himself enjoying a more generous budget than he received at Fulham (he did previously work for Sheikh Mansour) and it becomes clearer why he might have been overlooked in favour of McLeish. The Villa owner, Randy Lerner, is believed to be keen to reduce expenditure. For all these reasons Hughes misses out.

No parachute for Nolan
Kevin Nolan's decision to swap the Premier League with Newcastle United for the second tier with West Ham United will have been met with anything but enthusiasm by their Championship peers. The Football League had grave reservations about the £48m guaranteed income that is being paid to relegated Premier League clubs in parachute money from this summer: £16m in years one and two, £8m in three and four. Indeed it very nearly refused to accept the "solidarity package" by which every Championship side receives £2.2m. So many Championship clubs will no doubt view West Ham's financial muscle as a symptom of the deal they eventually agreed to. However, Digger understands that would be to misread the current situation. Davids Gold and Sullivan have apparently stumped up the cash for summer purchases in unsecured shareholder loans, meaning they would get in line with other creditors if the club for any reason goes into administration. This is because the consortium of five banks who at the last reckoning had loaned West Ham £26.5m (not much less than their likely first-year turnover in the Championship) have certain covenants over what secured loans can be taken up. With banks in this mood it seems that if relegated clubs already have big debt piles like the Hammers, they will find it hard to bring forward access to the Premier League cash with more borrowing.

Fans can't afford a share
An unintended consequence of Alisher Usmanov's £14,000-a-share offer for Arsenal shareholders has been to elbow fans out of the market for shares. Arsenal's Fanshare scheme permits supporters to buy slices of otherwise unaffordable individual shares. But even despite this collectivism, £14,000 each was considered too much. Usmanov's offer ends on Thursday but there is nothing to prevent him extending it beyond that date – and as Digger revealed on Wednesday the incentive to do so is strong: building his stake to 30% would give him access to the club's books for the first time. The Arsenal Supporters Trust, with whom the club operates Fanshare, now wants dialogue with both the owner, Stan Kroenke, and Usmanov in an effort to convey small shareholders' interests.

Getting shirty
With Liverpool's commercial department switching their shirt supplier, it is interesting to note Bayer Leverkusen's novel approach to sponsorship. Last season's Bundesliga runners-up have taken out a quarter-page advertisement in the Financial Times promoting an invitation to tender they have launched for shirt sponsorship. "We are convinced this could motivate companies to take a look at our portfolio," the director Wolfgang Holzhäuser has said. But firms looking for trophies are likely to be disappointed: one of Leverkusen's nicknames is Vizekusen, meaning runner-up.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jun/16/mark-hughes-aston-villa

WhiteJC

Unattached

Here is the list of players released by Premier League clubs this summer.

From Fulham: Zoltan Gera, Edward Johnson, Diomansy Kamara, John Pantsil, Matthew Saunders

Other interesting names:

Arsenal have released Thomas Cruise
Villa have released Nigel Reo-Coker – could be an interesting signing
Birmingham have released Mitchell McPike
And Maik Taylor, for that matter
Blackpool have released half their squad, for obvious reasons
Manchester United have released Owen Hargreaves, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, Edwin van der Sar.  Wow, that's a lot of history. None of them were vital to United at this point, but what careers, eh?  Sad for Hargreaves, a real 'what might have been' story.  (The others have retired).
Newcastle have released our friend Shefki Kuqi
Stoke have released Faye and Sonko, and I must admit that I do get confused between all these big African defensive-midfielder/centre-back types. It always strikes me that Fulham have never really embraced the African destroyer, although of course Papa Bouba Diop was sort of meant to do these things. I wonder where he is now? When he could be bothered he could run a game. Is that unfair?
Giles Barnes has been let go at WBA. Must be cursing running into Roy again.
Upson's gone from West Ham.
Perennial target Jason Koumas is free from Wigan (I had forgotten he was there).
Jody Craddock's left Wolves.  Whose choice was that I wonder?

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/unattached/?

WhiteJC

Black Cats to land Larsson
Swede to opt for Sunderland

Skysports.com understands that Sunderland are set to win the race to sign Seb Larsson.

The Sweden international has been considering his options since Birmingham's relegation from the Premier League.

The 26-year-old midfielder turned down a move to the continent, despite interest from La Liga, to remain in England.

Fulham, Aston Villa and Arsenal are all believed to have made offers to Larsson, but he has now opted to make the switch to the North East.

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce signed him for Birmingham and we now understand he has agreed a deal to take him to the Stadium of Light.

His former club Arsenal had offered him the chance to return to North London but knowing he would be a squad player with the Gunners was seemingly enough to put him off the move.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11695_6991628,00.html?

WhiteJC

Gera fears played down
Hungary coach insists midfielder has suffered no long-term damage

Sandor Egervari has dismissed reports suggesting Zoltan Gera is struggling with a knee ligament injury.

It has been claimed that the midfielder recently failed a medical at West Brom as a result of a partial ligament tear.

That is news to Hungary national coach Egervari, who insists the Fulham playmaker has no serious complaint to contend with.

He acknowledges that Gera, who is available as a free agent this summer, is nursing a slight knock, but is adamant that a period of rest is all that will be required to return him to full fitness.

"I don't know if Zoltan had any problems with his knee," Egervari told Nemzeti Sport.

"When he came home to the training camp of the national team he had an extensive medical check because he picked up an injury in his last Premier League game for Fulham. That is why he couldn't play against Luxembourg and San Marino.

"I'm sure that after a couple of weeks he will be ready to play again."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6991683,00.html?

WhiteJC

Dembele - I will be better
Striker sure he will be an improved player next season

Moussa Dembele has vowed to be an improved player for Fulham next season.

The striker joined Fulham from AZ Alkmaar last summer for a fee of £5million, but struggled for regular goals during his debut campaign in England, scoring just three times in the Premier League.

But the 23-year-old told the club's official website: "It was my first year and when you come in you always want to do well and prove yourself.

"The Premier League is the best in the world and I'm very satisfied right now - although I can do much better.

"When a player arrives in England, from the very start people ask questions. Can they compete in this league? Will the play be too physical? Can he impose himself on matches?

"Ten months on I'm in a position where I can answer those questions. Yes I can. I have always had confidence in the way that I play and I knew from the very start that I could cope.

"It has been a real challenge, I cannot deny that. But I think I will become a much better player for the experience."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6991685,00.html?

WhiteJC

Doing The 92: F and G
Our look at Sunderland's fortunes around the 92 League grounds continues with Fulham and Gillingham.

Fulham - Craven Cottage
Fulham's home since 1896 has hosted Sunderland on 26 occasions, dating back to a 3-0 win for the Lads in April 1950 thanks to goals from Thomas Reynolds, Len Duns and Tommy Wright. Sunderland have scored just three goals in their last four visits to the venue, chalking up 0-0 draws in both the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons. Their last victory at Fulham came in April 2008 when Danny Collins, Michael Chopra and Kenwyne Jones scored in a 3-1 win. Overall, the Lads have lost just nine of their 26 games at Craven Cottage.

Gillingham - Priestfield
Sunderland have played at Priestfield four times, losing just once. Their first trip was a Third Division play-off tie in May 1987, when the Lads went down 3-2 before winning the home leg 4-3 to go out on away goals. The next visit during the following season ended in a 0-0 draw, but the previous two trips to the Kent ground have ended in victories. Stewart Downing, John Oster and Marcus Stewart all scored in a 3-1 win in November 2003, while Stewart hit a hat-trick and Stephen Elliott added a goal as the Lads ran out 4-0 winners in September 2004.

http://www.safc.com/news/20110616/doing-the-92-f-and-g_2256213_2377186?

WhiteJC

Woody & Vieira among released

Veteran pair Jonathan Woodgate and Patrick Vieira are on a list of 123 footballers released by Premier League clubs this summer.

Woodgate will now have to decide whether he retires from football after making just 49 Premier League appearances in three and a half years at Tottenham due to a succession of injuries.

Vieira is the other highest-profile name on the list as Manchester City opt against offering him a new contract after just four Premier League starts last season.

Here is a complete list of the players released by their clubs this summer.

Have a look through and let us know, through the 'add comment' facility, who you'd like your club to sign, as the likes of Zoltan Gera, Diomanzy Kamara, Matthew Upson, Nigel Reo-Coker, James McFadden, Benjani, Andy Reid, Eidur Gudjohnsen and Ricardo Gardner are all available on a free transfer.

ARSENAL: Thomas Cruise, Roarie Deacon, Mark Randall.

ASTON VILLA: Durrell Berry, John Carew, Ellis Deeney, Calum Flanagan, Harry Forrester, Arsenio Halfhuid, Isaiah Osbourne, Robert Pires, Nigel Reo-Coker, Moustapha Salifou.

BIRMINGHAM CITY: Marcus Bent, Lee Bowyer, Sebastian Larsson, James McFadden, Mitchell McPike, James O'Shea, Stuart Parnaby, Kevin Phillips, Daniel Preston, Luke Rowe, Robin Shroot, Maik Taylor.

BLACKBURN ROVERS: Jordan Bowen, Jason Brown, Zurab Khizanishvili, Benjani Mwaruwari, Michael Potts, Maceo Rigters.

BLACKPOOL: David Carney, Daniel Coid, Ishmel Demontagnac, Rob Edwards, Jason Euell, Marlon Harewood, Richard Kingson, Malaury Martin, Paul Rachubka, Andy Reid, Salaheddine Sbai.

BOLTON WANDERERS: Tamir Cohen, Johan Elmander, Ricardo Gardner, Joey O'Brien, Jlloyd Samuel, Samuel Sheridan.

CHELSEA: Samuel Hutchinson, Carl Magnay, Danny Philliskirk, Jan Sebek, Michael Woods.

EVERTON: Kieran Agard, Hope Akpan, Nathan Craig, Gerard Kinsella, Lee McArdle, Iain Turner.

FULHAM: Zoltan Gera, Edward Johnson, Diomansy Kamara, John Pantsil, Matthew Saunders.

LIVERPOOL: Jason Banton, Deale Chamberlain, Douglas Cooper, Sean Highdale, Steven Irwin, Nikola Saric.

MANCHESTER CITY: Javier Garrido, Scott Kay, James Poole, Shaleum Logan, Andrew Tutte, Javan Vidal, Patrick Vieira, James Wood.

MANCHESTER UNITED: Conor Devlin, Owen Hargreaves, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, Edwin van der Sar.

NEWCASTLE UNITED: Sol Campbell, Shefki Kuqi, Patrick McLaughlin.

STOKE CITY: Abdoulaye Faye, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Ibrahima Sonko.

SUNDERLAND: Michael Kay, Nathan Luscombe, Daniel Madden, Robert Weir, Nathan Wilson, Mvoto Jean-Yves, Bolo Zenden.

TOTTENHAM: Jonathan Woodgate.

WEST BROM: Giles Barnes, Marcus Haber, Dean Kiely, Abdoulaye Meite.

WEST HAM: Anthony Edgar, Holmar Eyjolfsson, Daniel Gabbidon, Lars Jacobsen, Filip Modelski, Jonathan Spector, Adam Street, Matthew Upson.

WIGAN ATHLETIC: Steven Caldwell, Daniel De Ridder, Joseph Holt, Jason Koumas, Thomas Lambert, Thomas Oakes, Francis Pollitt, Abian Serrano Davila.

WOLVES: Adriano Basso, Jody Craddock, John Dunleavy, Marcus Hahnemann, David Jones, Nathan Rooney.

http://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-city/6991655/Woody-Vieira-among-released?

WhiteJC

Backing Bobby

The 2010/11 campaign was one of frustration for Bobby Zamora – but close friend and team-mate Steve Sidwell believes the striker will be back even stronger next season.

Zamora and Sidwell forged their friendship during their respective spells on the South Coast with Brighton almost 10 years ago. Success with the Seagulls did much for both of their careers - it put Sidwell in the shop window and Zamora on the goal scoring map.

"At that time Bobby was probably the best striker outside of the Premier League," Steve told the Club's official magazine, Fultime. "We're going back a long time now, but you could tell that he had the talent to go on and play at the top.

"I was only there for a short spell, but it was apparent that they thought very highly of him down there – he had his own songs and even had newborn babies named after him!

"For whatever reason we just got on, and we remained in touch ever since. We even lined up alongside each other for the England Under-21s, so it's a friendship that goes back a long way.

"We've always followed each others' careers, so it's nice that we've come together now at Fulham. To be honest, he was a big factor in me joining as you would imagine."

Since their time at Brighton, Sidwell has played for Reading, Chelsea and Aston Villa and now finds himself at Craven Cottage, where Zamora has arguably enjoyed his finest seasons as a professional.

"Of course, as a player I can't speak highly enough of him either," added Steve. "He banged the goals in all over the place at Brighton and he's gone on to have a very successful career.

"He was a bit unlucky at Tottenham, but he did do well at West Ham, something I think people tend to forget. But if you look at his stats and his performances there, you will see that he did very well.

"He was very unfortunate that they decided to let him go, but their loss has ultimately proved to be Fulham's gain. It's worked out really well for him here and he's played as well as he ever has done. He's become a big player for this club.

"The leg break last season came as a massive disappointment and I for one was gutted for him. Up until that point things had been going very well for him – he had just won a deserved England call-up, he had signed a new contract with Fulham and he was on a real high.

"But that's football I suppose, you never know what is around the corner. But he's back now and I know he'll be looking forward to getting the new season started and doing what he does best."

Like Zamora, Sidwell has enjoyed his own resurgence on the banks of the Thames. Having stood on football's periphery for too long he's determined to make up for lost time and has responded positively, with his first four months at the Club drawing admiration from team-mates and fans.

Sidwell has slotted into the Fulham midfield without difficulty.

"Players seem to thrive here," considered Steve. "I think that's because it's a club that is willing to give players a chance. Things might not have been going well for them for a variety of reasons elsewhere, but here they still see the potential.

"There are so many examples of that in this team, from front to back. Some of them probably didn't have the luck that they had hoped for at their previous club, but they have come here and gone on to be very successful.

"That shows what this place is all about and the opportunities that you are given. For some reason, this club gets the best out of us and long may that continue."

To read more of Steve's first Fultime interview, as well as in-depth features with both Mousa Dembélé and Brede Hangeland, on top of a variety of content including the Top 10 Fulham Premier League Players as voted by you, be sure to pick up your copy of Issue 35 free to Season Ticket Holders and in store later this month.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/June/SidwellBackingBobby.aspx?#ixzz1PRRUo99S

WhiteJC

SOMOGYI EYES FULHAM MOVE

Goalkeeper Csaba Somogyi is hopeful of following Martin Jol and signing for Fulham this summer.

Jol offered a trial to the Rakospalotai EAC stopper last December while he was still in charge of Dutch giants Ajax.

And Somogyi impressed the former Tottenham manager during his short trail at the Amsterdam Arena.

Now, the Hungarian 'keeper claims Jol promised him that wherever he went, he would try to sign the 26-year-old from the second division club.

The player told Nemzeti Sport: "I'm very happy that Martin Jol was appointed as the new coach of Fulham. I hope I will get the chance to play for him."

His teammate Gabor Torma has also indicated the goalkeeper's wish to join up with Jol, saying: "I have a great relationship with Martin Jol. When he agreed to join Fulham, I spoke to his agent immediately.

"The Dutch coach wanted to sign Somogyi, but his contract was then terminated.

"Now he stressed it again that he wants Csaba to play in the team where he is coach."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/fulham/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/06/12/manual_182216.html

WhiteJC

BIG NAMES LEAVE CRAVEN COTTAGE

Fulham have announced the list of players to be released ahead of the new season.

The most notable name not retained by new Fulham boss Martin Jol is Zoltan Gera. The Hungarian international has been linked with a move back to West Brom to link up with his old boss at Fulham, Roy Hodgson. It appears that move could well be on the cards now Gera is a free agent.

Other names that stand out are Diomansy Kamara and John Pantsil. Senegalese international Kamara has had limited opportunities at Craven Cottage recently and finished last season on loan at Leicester City. Ghanaian international Pantsil has also played his last game for the Cottagers.

Fulham also release American forward Eddie Johnson and 21-year-old Englishman Matthew Saunders.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8697_6992079,00.html?

WhiteJC

Sidwell 'thriving' at Fulham
Midfielder feels Craven Cottage is the perfect place to settle

Steve Sidwell believes Fulham are the perfect club for unsettled players to thrive.

Sidwell arrived at Craven Cottage in 2011 after frustrating spells at Aston Villa and Chelsea.
The likes of Stephen Kelly, Simon Davies and Philippe Senderos have also endured mixed fortunes at so-called bigger clubs before opting for Fulham
And Sidwell, 28, told the club's official website: "Players seem to thrive here. I think that's because it's a club that is willing to give players a chance.

"Things might not have been going well for players for a variety of reasons elsewhere, but here they still see the potential.

"There are so many examples of that in this team. For some reason, this club gets the best out of us and long may that continue."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6992259,00.html?

WhiteJC

Senderos is feeling fit
Swiss centre-half hoping to steer clear of injury and prove his worth

Philippe Senderos is hoping to prove his worth to Fulham next season after overcoming his injury problems.

The Swiss centre-half made just four appearances during his debut campaign at Craven Cottage last season.

A succession of niggling knocks kept him sidelined for long periods and prevented him from staking a claim for a regular first-team berth.

He is, however, back to full fitness and looking to make up for lost time in 2011/12.

An international outing against England in a recent Euro 2012 qualifier gave him an opportunity to impress new Fulham boss Martin Jol and the 26-year-old believes there is plenty more to come from him in the months ahead.

Tough

"Playing for Switzerland was a great end to what was a tough season for me where I had no chance to show Fulham fans what I can do," Senderos told the Fulham & Hammersmith Chronicle.

"To come back after the injury and end the campaign on a high note has left me with a great feeling going into the new season."

He added: "The most important thing for me next season is just to stay fit and to stay on form after the frustrating year I've had.

"There's a lot to look forward to and I can't wait to start playing in Europe again.

"I think as a club we should aim to do at least as well as last season. There's no reason to limit our ambitions."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6992472,00.html?

WhiteJC

Spanish Midfielder Linked
Espanyol seems to be a likely shopping ground for Fulham especially if the red-top press is correct.

Hot on the heels of a reported 10 million bid for a striker, whose name escapes me, it`s being suggested that Fulham are in the market for Javier Marquez

At twenty-five years of age, he`s rate din the £7 million bracket although we appear to have competition for his signature from the likes of Spurs and Blackburn.

Is it one to possibly keep an eye on?

We`re not so sure!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=244561#ixzz1PSaHunBe

WhiteJC

Craven Cottage is a great place to be

Midfield rover Steve Sidwell believes he's finally found a club where he can settle – just like a number of his Fulham pals.

After making his name with Reading, Sidwell endured difficult spells with both Chelsea and Aston Villa before moving to Craven Cottage.

The likes of Stephen Kelly, Simon Davies and Philippe Senderos have also experienced mixed fortunes at so-called bigger clubs before finding their niche in West London.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/craven-cottage-is-a-great-place-to-be?

HatterDon

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 16, 2011, 06:09:14 PM

BIG NAMES LEAVE CRAVEN COTTAGE

Fulham also release American forward Eddie Johnson and 21-year-old Englishman Matthew Saunders.

What position is "Englishman?"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel