watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FoFer injury update.......update

Started by VB, March 08, 2011, 01:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pata

Properly returned to football after a year out at the end of February after breaking my leg. Lasted a month before managing a tear at the top of my calf muscle. Race against time to be fit for 2 international friendlies at the end of the month (home and away) but the physios have been spot on, so should make it.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

RidgeRider

Quote from: Pata on April 13, 2011, 07:31:08 PM
Properly returned to football after a year out at the end of February after breaking my leg. Lasted a month before managing a tear at the top of my calf muscle. Race against time to be fit for 2 international friendlies at the end of the month (home and away) but the physios have been spot on, so should make it.

Hope you make it Pata. Taking a year out for a broken leg, then getting a muscle tear on the back of that has to be hard to take. As someone who competes nearly every week, I am already struggling with the fact I can't compete right now nor will I for at least 6 weeks. I couldn't imagine being out for a year.

VB

Quote from: RidgeRider on April 14, 2011, 01:12:38 AM

Hope you make it Pata. Taking a year out for a broken leg, then getting a muscle tear on the back of that has to be hard to take. As someone who competes nearly every week, I am already struggling with the fact I can't compete right now nor will I for at least 6 weeks. I couldn't imagine being out for a year.

kind of puts my manflu into perspective. :002: the worst injury Ive ever had was a dislocated shoulder and fractured collerbone playing american football....still miss playing that game.
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

RidgeRider

FoFers,

Surgery went well this morning. I didn't sleep well last night, twice waking up in the middle of the night to check out FoF and watch another stage of the 2008TdF. Had to be at the hospital at 6AM so up early and as those of you know who have had surgeries recently, I couldn't have ANYTHING to eat or drink after 10PM last night.

Looks like the break was worse than initially thought and it became obvious, to the surgeon and later me, it was an even better call to have it done rather than try and let it heal naturally. After installing a rather long titanium plate with 9 screws, the surgeon, my friend Dan who I have written about in last years race reports, said it will heal nicely but also said there were more bits about than he expected.

I will be back on my indoor bike trainer in about a week and HOPEFULLY.......racing again in 6 weeks. My cycling friends have been amazing with their kindness and I now have a first rate collection of DVD's of races over the past 6 years to keep me entertained. I know......sad.  :dft012:

RidgeRider

Quote from: VB on April 14, 2011, 01:17:57 AM

kind of puts my manflu into perspective. :002: the worst injury Ive ever had was a dislocated shoulder and fractured collerbone playing american football....still miss playing that game.

VB, a dislocation and fractured collarbone hurts so that is serious......your man flu though...... :022: I was always a big fan of the detoxifying effects of the steam bath when I had man flu.....that and some tequila  :yay:

VB

then there was the time i fell 35ft out of a tree! the branches on the way down are the only reason im here now.
that one ended in a broken pelvis. :003:
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

Pata

How is your bone healing? Have you been able to go back to sport yet?

I made it back from the calf tear. Just. Bags of kudos to the physio girls. Beat a Belgian team in Oxford, drew in Riga and signed off for the season with a last-second penalty save against Oxford United fans.

Been playing loads of 5- and 7-a-side since - feel pretty good. Going back under the knife on the 6th of July - confirmed today. Shouldn't take long - open up the top of the shin, unscrewed the rod, pull it out. 2-3 months to recover.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse