more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There ain't no blue in Fulham!

Started by BB, June 17, 2011, 01:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB

sipwell

Come on. It is light blue rather than dark blue. My opinion is that you should look at yourself, rather than be obsessed with what your so called arch enemy does. Looking at your adversary is a sign of weakness.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Burt

Its a pretty naff third strip actually, and as Mr Sipwell says it seems to be more sky blue (Citeh) than dark blue (Toffees).

In any event, I liked the blue kits we have had - the Europa final one in particular.

BB

FFC in Blue?? It's a jinx I tell you! :doh:

VicHalomsLovechild

Isn't the light blue the sponsor's colour? I guess any sponsor is going to want their colour on one of the stripes.

As per Fulham and blue didn't we discuss this at length when they introduced the Blue strip. Wasn't blue used way back in our history. I know someone got hold of several 2\3rd stripe images going back to the sixties which featured blue. My blue shirt (worn in Hamburg) along with my Europa tee shirt are neatly folded and safe. Ready to fetch out and bore the pants off my grandchildren (if I get any).

Would be nice to have a white (winners) one from this seasons Europa to complete the set  :59:   

Burt

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on June 18, 2011, 08:22:24 AM
Would be nice to have a white (winners) one from this seasons Europa to complete the set  :59:   

Amen to that...

Nick the Swede

Are we all forgetting that we did use light blue (laser blue) in the 19 century? There was a reason why the celebratory 125th anniversary replica was light blue. Not saying I want blue anywhere near the club but we do have a historic link to the color!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Blingo

I believe we STARTED life wearing blue Vic. LB will correct me i'm sure but I think it was half colours in two shade of blue.

Burt

Prefer our recent blue efforts to the Harrods green effort...

Did anyone get one of those? They were going for a song in the club shop before the Arsenal match but in addition to the questionable colour they seemed really tight (I am quite slim) so I didn't bother.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Burt on June 18, 2011, 09:24:59 AM
Prefer our recent blue efforts to the Harrods green effort...

Did anyone get one of those? They were going for a song in the club shop before the Arsenal match but in addition to the questionable colour they seemed really tight (I am quite slim) so I didn't bother.

I won one for designing the Fulham Twitter page background  :54:

epsomraver

LBNo11

...obviously the Foundation Of The Fulham Football Club is still not being read  :dft004:

Anyway this link will help settle one point:-

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/foundation.php?fdtID=1

Even so I am not a fan of blue for Fulham FC, the only proper place for it is on the real badge. I know it sound pathetic, but as soon as I heard Fulham would play in blue (no matter what the shade) in the Europa Final I was concerned it would jinx us. No logic I know, but superstition rarely has any basis.

Just one little note, blue is not a colour you will see in my house, my wife also knows that, when she bought her car they had one in royal blue and my wife said that she couldn't have that one as blue is the colour of the dark side "and my husband supports Fulham"...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

light blue top looks good with jeans...

VicHalomsLovechild

Anything with a Fulham badge looks good with Jeans Ed,

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on June 18, 2011, 03:05:16 PM
Anything with a Fulham badge looks good with Jeans Ed,

Not too sure about the Harrods green version...

Fulham_Adam

I wear the blue shirt we wore in the final all the time, it's my favourite shirt.
The past is told by those who win.

BB

I note the "Clerical Brothers" brought their original University colours with them and hence the quartered shirts, of many eons ago. However, this was before the formation of Walham Green Dog Track FC.  086.gif

I have NEVER owned a blue Fulham FC shirt and would not be seen dead or alive, wearing one ( in any shade! ).  :beer:

I hope never to see another 'blue' Fulham shirt again... If they ( the suits at FFC! ) want to bring some good luck back. It's got to be the Red & Black stripes ( ah la AC Milan) and lay the ghosts of '75 to rest. We played in these famous colours, all the way to Wembley ( so many games! ) and then played in Black & White for the FA Cup Final ( we all know what happened next! ) 093.gif

FatFreddysCat

Anyone thinking the Blue kit we wore in Hamburg is good is just plain mental. I'm sure my posts beforehand will prove i knew we was already beaten when i found out we was going to wear the cursed blue. Whoever thought that was the way forward at the club should be shot for treason. No Blue ever  :028:

CorkedHat

Dear Aunt Agony
I have a problem. The AFL team of which I am a member is the Carlton Blues. I have Blues written on my scarf and on my beanie. I have a Carlton jumper given to me by a former player which admittedly I don't wear but I do look upon with fondness on occasions.
If I wear my Black and White scarf people over here think that I follow the hated Collingwood which would be like a Rangers Supporter wearing the Green and White of Celtic. Am I wrong to like anything Blue or in this case may I claim immunity and dispensation? Your advice would be welcome because reading these threads I have the feeling that I might be regarded as a traitor to my first love, Fulham.
Yours
Worried of Dunmunkle Creek
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us