watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm Hiring A Fishing Trawler With Free Beer

Started by White Noise, June 20, 2011, 12:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/fourfourtwo-and-city-super-fans-set-sail-for-the-f

FOURFOURTWO and City super fans set sail for the Faroes

By Givemefootball .com  July 15, 2008

A group of 12 Manchester City super fans has proved their dedication by hiring a 72 foot fishing trawler to take them to the teams UEFA Cup qualifier in the Faroe Islands – a 26 hour journey – after being priced out of flying.

In desperation the group, who needed to fill two more places on the boat in order to afford the trip, turned to football magazine FourFourTwo for help. FourFourTwo agreed to help fund the trip and will also provide beer for the entire journey.

The magazine will also be sending a photographer and journalist along to document their remarkable tale.

The 'Three Sisters trawler leaves the UK today and arrives in the Faroes on Thursday - the day of the game. The group of dedicated fans will travel from Manchester to Aberdeen ferry port by car before embarking on a 12 hour overnight ferry to Lerwick on the Shetland Islands.

From there the 72ft trawler (fully kitted out for deep sea divers with 14 sleeping compartments, a kitchen, toilet and shower) will set sail for Torshavn in the Faroe Islands - a crossing that will take between 22-26 hours in potentially rough seas. They will return by trawler on Sunday.

The group, arranged by exhibition organiser Leighton Gobbett are all aged between 25-40 and follow idols Manchester City everywhere. Leighton commented: "This should be the funniest trip ever to a football match. It really is for people that want a trip of a lifetime and are up for a laugh."

FourFourTwo Deputy Editor Matthew Weiner added: "This voyage represents everything that is great about football fans. These lads love their team and will do anything to see them play – even brave the high seas."
Supporters in the Faroes waiting to greet the group of super fans should look out for the trawler which will be flying a FourFourTwo flag.

* The full exclusive story will appear in the next issue of the magazine which is on sale on 2nd September. You can also see fourfourtwo.com for footage.

The Doctor

My brother is in the Navy - I'll see if he can borrow a ship.  Problem is, he's a Spurs fan so he might not be interested in helping out...

Ron Sheepskin

Or we could ask if we can borrow this from the chairman...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/teemuh/852627975/#

Seems I can't paste the picture. 085.gif
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

FatFreddysCat

GoldCoastWhite

Surely Admiral Finnster still has some sway with HM's Royal Navy ? Can you get some of us a ride on an aircraft carrier Finny - or perhaps a destroyer with helicopter for transfers ?  :wink:

White Noise

Could JBH get us squeezed into a nuclear sub?

MJG

Burt

I wonder if my inflatable dinghy will make it?
:dft011:

finnster01

You know it just dawned on me - that trawler will be back well in time for the away match...It sleeps 14...

Don't know how much it is to charter though...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead