Main Menu

NEWS CONFERENCE - LIVE!

Started by Fernhurst, June 21, 2011, 10:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 21, 2011, 01:20:58 PM
Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 21, 2011, 01:20:08 PM
Has MAF embarrassed him yet?

MAF wasn't there, it was just Jol and Brookes.

She walked in ahead of him, and he basically related the first question to what she was wearing, said 'she looks stunning doesn't she' and then said he was a 'ladies man'. Quality opening.

Sack him! Nobody else but me gets to say stuff about SB like that.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 21, 2011, 01:22:23 PM

She walked in ahead of him, and he basically related the first question to what she was wearing, said 'she looks stunning doesn't she' and then said he was a 'ladies man'. Quality opening.

Well at least if you meet him you will have some sort of opening gambit to warm him to you...

Burt

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 21, 2011, 01:22:23 PM

I am sure the club's harassment policy has something to say about this sort of lecherous behaviour.

Its a disgrace. I think FIFA should investigate this immediately, and sweep it under the carpet in due course.

Lighthouse

I thought the taking down of the trousers and saying " How's that for ambition" was taking it too far.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 21, 2011, 01:25:19 PM
I thought the taking down of the trousers and saying " How's that for ambition" was taking it too far.

:clap_hands:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

epsomraver

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 21, 2011, 01:17:28 PM
MJ wants to stay in the PL and have a good cup run #fulham

You don't say!

White Noise

He envisages 4-5 signings and wants to stay at Fulham for 4-5 years.

I wonder how big his old chap is? :58:

SouthfieldWhite

He said Sarah looked stunning but it was the sky sports bloke who said he was still a ladies man

The Equalizer

Quote from: White Noise on June 21, 2011, 01:35:34 PM

His Cock is about 5'8" and speak fluent English.

Airfix

Just you on that one, I think!

096.gig

Burt

Where's Tom's "WTF" smiley gone...?

White Noise

Jol wants to play attacking football using his wingers.

Hopefully we will get some wingers then?

WhiteJC

'Arnie' Jol: I said I'll be back

New Fulham manager Martin Jol says he always harboured ambitions to return to English football after his spell in charge of Tottenham.

Jol has been unveiled as Mark Hughes' successor at Craven Cottage, having come close to joining the London club last summer.

Jol, who has been without a club since leaving Ajax last year, spent three years in charge of Tottenham between 2004 and 2007, and he is delighted to be back in the Premier League.

He said: "Everybody knew I would like to come back. I said that when I left, like Arnold Schwarzenegger I will be back, and I am back."

The Dutchman also revealed one of the main attractions in taking the Cottagers job was that he would be in charge of a club with a proud tradition.

"I think Fulham is a traditional club, like Spurs, West Ham and all the London clubs. They gave me a good feeling and when we played here (with Spurs) we had a couple of good results, and I like the colours, black and white as well.

"I could go on but Fulham are happy, I am happy, so hopefully we can keep it that way."

Jol's first game in charge will be against NSI Runavik of the Faroe Islands in the first qualifying round of the Europa League on June 30, with the away leg following a week later.

Fulham got into the tournament due to their fair play record, and while Jol admits the early timing is not ideal he hopes having a competitive fixture will add bite to their pre-season preparations.

"This is only the second or third time Fulham have been in Europe, he said.

"So I could have said let's start (training) early in June but I thought it was a bad idea. You could consider it a friendly game with a serious touch."

Jol also said he had no frustrations about missing out on a move to Craven Cottage last summer, as Ajax refused to release him.

"Don't forget there was another problem last year as Ajax had to play in the Champions League qualifiers and there was no (release) clause and it was really difficult, but I think this was okay.

"We talked again a couple of weeks ago after Mark Hughes left and I had the same feeling and I made a decision to go back and talk to them and I decided to take the job."

The former Spurs boss insisted he harboured no hard feelings towards his old employers at White Hart Lane.

"I've got a very good relationship with [Tottenham chairman] Daniel [Levy]," he said. "He looked after me, he always did. There's no hard feelings. Of course you'd like to stay - I would like to stay here for four, five years. Hopefully it's realistic.

"I was at Spurs three and a half years so that was probably a record so no hard feelings."

Jol refused to name possible transfer targets but reckons he will need four or five new signings to complement what he feels is already a decent squad.

"It's a good squad good, experienced players with a couple of young exciting players like [Moussa] Dembele who I know very well from Holland," he said.

"Four or five players left the club. We need strength in depth so we probably need a similar number of players - four or five."

http://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/6999076/-Arnie-Jol-I-said-I-ll-be-back?

White Noise

Martin Jol outlines Fulham transfer plans

By Jacob Murtagh

Jun 21 2011

MARTIN Jol wants to bring four or five new players to Craven Cottage this summer.

The new Fulham boss showed the door to John Pantsil, Diomansy Kamara, Eddie Johnson and Matthew Saunders on his arrival in SW6.

And the Dutchman wants to replace them before the Premier League campaign gets under way in August.

He said: "Four or five players have left and we want to bring in a similar amount.

"The squad's a bit old, with an average age of 29 or 30. We want to build a young team for the future."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/06/21/martin-jol-outlines-fulham-transfer-plans-82029-28914574/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1PukDlvWU

Burt

Says it like it is, doesn't he?

"The squad is a bit old"...

092.gif

Lighthouse

Jol hasn't spoken to the whole squad yet. Had a brief chat with Dickson and Stockdale at the training ground today
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

Somebody please calm me down and convince me this isn't a train wreck waiting to happen...  089.gif
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

Quote from: finnster01 on June 21, 2011, 02:10:52 PM
Somebody please calm me down and convince me this isn't a train wreck waiting to happen...  089.gif

S001.gif

Burt

Quote from: Burt on June 21, 2011, 02:15:18 PM

S001.gif

Let me know if this works Mr Finn sir.

What gives you the impression the train is going to come off the rails anyway?

finnster01

Quote from: Burt on June 21, 2011, 02:16:07 PM
Quote from: Burt on June 21, 2011, 02:15:18 PM

S001.gif

Let me know if this works Mr Finn sir.

What gives you the impression the train is going to come off the rails anyway?

Things like marginalizing Murphy with feck all replacements and the impact something like that will have on the team   :034:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead