NEWS CONFERENCE - LIVE!

Started by Fernhurst, June 21, 2011, 10:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on June 21, 2011, 02:21:40 PM
Quote from: Burt on June 21, 2011, 02:16:07 PM
Quote from: Burt on June 21, 2011, 02:15:18 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on June 21, 2011, 02:10:52 PM
Somebody please calm me down and convince me this isn't a train wreck waiting to happen...  089.gif

S001.gif

Let me know if this works Mr Finn sir.

What gives you the impression the train is going to come off the rails anyway?

Things like marginalizing Murphy with feck all replacements and the impact something like that will have on the team   :034:

Not quite what he said:

Jol, who refused to discuss specific transfer targets, played down concerns that there could be a problem with captain Danny Murphy.

Spurs sold Murphy to Fulham when Jol was at the helm but the manager is adamant that the pair have a good relationship.

"We kept in touch after that," said Jol. "He is a realistic guy and I had probably the best No.4 in the country in Michael Carrick and Tom Huddlestone coming up as a good young player.

"He made the decision also to go to Fulham."

Considering that Carrick went on to play for a top team and Huddlestone has come through well at Spurs, it doesn't look like his faith was misplaced.

TonyGilroy

Murphy was on a real low at Spurs and his signing for us was considered by most message board experts (including me) as being a waste of money.

I think his self esteem took a big knock when he was rejected by Liverpool and it took his success under Hodgson to resurrect his career.

His importance to us is massive whereas at Spurs Jol had better options. I fully expect Jol to judge players as they are not what they once were which hopefully will see Murphy appreciated and money not spent on the likes of Keane.

AlFayedsChequebook

The Daily Heil are loving it:

and one for Equalizer:

Whiteroom

Is there somewhere we can find a video?

finnster01

Why does he have a blue tie?  :035:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sipwell

Quote from: Whiteroom on June 21, 2011, 03:00:22 PM

Now, now. You have "white" in your name so - as you can read from my thread http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=13164.0 - you are mandated to bring videos and info to us rather than the other way around.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on June 21, 2011, 03:04:19 PM
Quote from: Whiteroom on June 21, 2011, 03:00:22 PM

Now, now. You have "white" in your name so - as you can read from my thread http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=13164.0 - you are mandated to bring videos and info to us rather than the other way around.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/video_audio/97446.html

The paradigm has changed, someone without 'white' in their name has come forward with a video.

Scanners (1981) Head Explosion Shot

epsomraver

Quote from: finnster01 on June 21, 2011, 03:03:32 PM
Why does he have a blue tie?  :035:

He has got a black and white watch on !

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 21, 2011, 02:50:13 PM
The Daily Heil are loving it:

and one for Equalizer:

Eq my old china you have seriously poor taste, Mrs Brookes is a right nasty bit of work and a bit of a dog as well  :046:

The Equalizer

She's certainly changed somewhat in recent years. I do have a preference for the lovely Jenny Gower these days. Now there's a fine woman.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

Ms to you Fred. :hook: bet you wouldn't  kick her out the sack, where's tom he will be creaming the levis

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: epsomraver on June 21, 2011, 04:18:34 PM
Ms to you Fred. :hook: bet you wouldn't  kick her out the sack, where's tom he will be creaming the levis
I've had dinner with her, a really horrible person  :014:

The Equalizer

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 21, 2011, 04:27:48 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on June 21, 2011, 04:18:34 PM
I've had dinner with her, a really horrible person  :014:

Well I had a beer with her and LBM and I thought she was rather charming, as well as pretty bloody tasty.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

have to admit Fred when my missus worked for the club under her  she was ok and always spoke to me when i was there, ( the old blue eyes mate) , a Gooner fan, but I must admit she has a hard side and that is why she is where she is today.

WhiteJC

WHITEwitch

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 21, 2011, 11:18:02 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 21, 2011, 11:14:01 AM
Um..When I said that, people questioned my loyalty,my sexual orientation, my nationality, why I had forsaken God to travel the World spreading the World of the Evil one and why I was showing off.

God, this is a tough audience.

He's a witch! Burn him!  086.gif

Oy!!!!!    :014:

Fulham_Adam

I'm already warming to him, good luck to him.

I think the most encouraging thing about this interview is how he mentioned Dembele a few times. This is the type of player we want at our club, I fully believe he will end up playing for a top club he has so much potential. Hopefully that sent a clear message to the spuds to bugger off.
The past is told by those who win.

WHITEwitch

Oh it's okay - I see you like Ms Brookes.  Nothing I could do to you would be as bad as that.

finnster01

She is an evil witch.  096.gig
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LBNo11

...Sarah Brookes (aka Brookesy) has left cruise ship singing in decline since she joined Fulham FC, but you can still buy her album:-

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC