watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm waving a white flag and come in peace! Am pleased re: BMJ

Started by LillyWhite1882, June 08, 2011, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LillyWhite1882

093.gif Hi guys I hope you don't mind me making a comment or two. You may already be aware that many Spurs fans have great fondness for Fulham due to the historical link between the club re players, and I am one of them. The season is over and you guys played some good stuff. You now have BMJ in charge and I'm sure that you will grow to love the big (hence Big Martin Jol) man. Many fans over at WHL were hoping that he would replace Harry, despite his public fall-out with our Chairman, but he is now at the Cottage and I'm sure he'll help the club push on and challenge big time.
He did wonders for us, taking us to 2 5th place finishes and narrowly missing out on a CL spot a few years ago on the last day of the season. He is a top top coach - players love him and fans do too.
Just wanted to say, you guys are lucky to have him and I wish you well next season!   :54:

AlFayedsChequebook

Thanks for the good wishes and thanks for finishing above Liverpool!

p.s. keep your hands of Dembele!

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

bigalffc

Thanks lillywhite. I'm sure 'arry will keep you in the top 6 next season. :hook:
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Fulham_Adam

Quote from: LillyWhite1882 on June 08, 2011, 09:04:25 PM
093.gif Hi guys I hope you don't mind me making a comment or two. You may already be aware that many Spurs fans have great fondness for Fulham due to the historical link between the club re players, and I am one of them. The season is over and you guys played some good stuff. You now have BMJ in charge and I'm sure that you will grow to love the big (hence Big Martin Jol) man. Many fans over at WHL were hoping that he would replace Harry, despite his public fall-out with our Chairman, but he is now at the Cottage and I'm sure he'll help the club push on and challenge big time.
He did wonders for us, taking us to 2 5th place finishes and narrowly missing out on a CL spot a few years ago on the last day of the season. He is a top top coach - players love him and fans do too.
Just wanted to say, you guys are lucky to have him and I wish you well next season!   :54:

If I'm honest most of the Tottenham fans I know are quite arrogant, suffer delusions of grandeur and genuinely  099.gif. Nevertheless, thank you for your comments and good luck to you. Do you reckon you'll keep a hold of Bale and, more importantly in my eyes, Modric? Do you really need Dembele? Surely 'arry can leave him for us to enjoy for another season or two.
The past is told by those who win.

TheDaddy

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 08, 2011, 09:19:10 PM
Thanks for the good wishes and thanks for finishing above Liverpool!

p.s. keep your hands of Dembele!
x2 but would ask do you fans rate him either way would he fit into your team,do you trust harry most of us are a little pist off with him and his transfer dealings ever player we sniff around he seems to nick it.got to say hes not my favorite fellow at this point....

hope he gets the england job then he will have no dealings at   club level...hope it makes sense i dropped a sleeping tad and its kicking in fallen of the sofa twice it better then beer  075.gif
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

NogoodBoyo

Anybody else think Big Daddy's writing style in this thread is similar to Keith Richards's?
Nogood "shome coinci-dental flosses, isit" Boyo

LillyWhite1882

Thanks for the welcome guys. Re the comment re my fellow Spurs fans, I think most clubs have a mix of open fans and arrogant ones - I just take people as I find them ignoring what others have said before to me. I think Dembele is safe, sp dont worry. There are other targets being muted at WHL. Re Modric and Bale, at the end of last season there was fear that they would both go. Personally, it wouldn't bother me if Blae went as he is struggling at dealing with the attention he is getting from RB's that have extra cover on him since the Milan game, and has quite honestly paled into insignificance. Modric however is a different proposition - the team revolves around him and Harry Redknapp is building around the little fella. He'll stay, but I can see him going next summer if things don't step up and thats going to be tough.
Back to Fulham though, I expect great things this coming season and am ever so envious of you landing BMJ. A top top coach and he'll get players working for him, plus expect a few good signings as players across Europe want to play for him. Good luck and best wishes!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: LillyWhite1882 on June 21, 2011, 02:33:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Re the comment re my fellow Spurs fans, I think most clubs have a mix of open fans and arrogant ones - I just take people as I find them ignoring what others have said before to me. I think Dembele is safe, sp dont worry. There are other targets being muted at WHL. Re Modric and Bale, at the end of last season there was fear that they would both go. Personally, it wouldn't bother me if Blae went as he is struggling at dealing with the attention he is getting from RB's that have extra cover on him since the Milan game, and has quite honestly paled into insignificance. Modric however is a different proposition - the team revolves around him and Harry Redknapp is building around the little fella. He'll stay, but I can see him going next summer if things don't step up and thats going to be tough.
Back to Fulham though, I expect great things this coming season and am ever so envious of you landing BMJ. A top top coach and he'll get players working for him, plus expect a few good signings as players across Europe want to play for him. Good luck and best wishes!

Thanks for the kind words, hope you have a good season and keep your best players - the premier league needs more teams challenging the top 4!

finnster01

Quote from: LillyWhite1882 on June 21, 2011, 02:33:17 PM

Why do you call yourself LillyWhite when you should be called OffWhite instead?
Now that we have Jol onboard I fully expect to see Gareth Bale playing in a real white shirt this season at the Cottage and you lot getting relegated and Honest 'arry put in jail.

Have a nice day.

COYW!!  
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

BalDrick

Thanks for that - nice one.

What are your thoughts on Redknapp by the way? Personally think he's a very good manager but a charmless spiv who'd sell his grandmother for a fast buck.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

LBNo11

Quote from: BalDrick on June 21, 2011, 03:52:10 PM
Thanks for that - nice one.

What are your thoughts on Redknapp by the way? Personally think he's a very good manager but a charmless spiv who'd sell his grandmother for a fast buck.

...not only would he sell his grandmother, but he would buy her back far cheaper and then sell her again for more. Shepherd's flock control implement.

PS: Do you ever feel lonely being a decent spuds fan LillyWhite1882..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

My sister and her brother in law are Spuds fans and I won't hear a word against them.

Two or more words however...  :dft011:

HatterDon

I must say that when I was making the rounds of London 1st Division grounds in the early 70s, I quite enjoyed my visits to WHL. The crowd seemed good natured and certainly were more than friendly to a couple of Yanks -- and your guys played very good football in those days.

These days I'm a bit less friendly towards Spurs, but that's completely down to your current manager -- see my signature line. Once 'arry the Thug has (a) bankrupted your club and then (b) pissed off to his new club and gutted your squad in the process, I'll be able to return to those first impressions of Spurs.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFCcravencottage

LBNo11

FFCcravencottage

LBNo11

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on June 21, 2011, 09:14:39 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on June 21, 2011, 09:11:47 PM
...surely we are the LillieWhites1879..?
Only if you are refering to Lillie road !

...correct, that's why I have always differentiated Lilly and Lillie, just in case people mistake us for that younger London team...

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 21, 2011, 09:17:58 PM
Quote from: FFCcravencottage on June 21, 2011, 09:14:39 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on June 21, 2011, 09:11:47 PM
...surely we are the LillieWhites1879..?
Only if you are refering to Lillie road !

...correct, that's why I have always differentiated Lilly and Lillie, just in case people mistake us for that younger London team...
You may actually be right, I remember us being known as Lilliewhites/Lillywhites when I was going in the sixties but now you have pointed it out I'm sure your spelling is correct, what a silly mistake by me lol  :doh: