News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think we have missed a trick by not signing...

Started by Dixie, June 21, 2011, 04:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixie

Jamie O'Hara who has just joined Wolves on a permanent deal.

Very good player, only 24 and I think he would have slotted in to our midfield really well. Natural replacement for Murphs.
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

AlFayedsChequebook

He is a good player, but I think we need to look abroad for a replacement for Murphy. There are so few English players with his passing ability and technique

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Dixie on June 21, 2011, 04:16:02 PM
Jamie O'Hara who has just joined Wolves on a permanent deal.

Very good player, only 24 and I think he would have slotted in to our midfield really well. Natural replacement for Murphs.

I agree. I held out some hope that he would eventually join us, but it seems Wolves have picked up a very good young player (on a long term contract)

King_Crud

Brede Butter Pudding

He's been good for wolves so far, but hasn't lit the world up there. I think there's was a mixed feeling towards him by the Wolves faithful if I'm honest. That said, I'd have loved to have signed him.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 21, 2011, 04:45:40 PM
I think there's was a mixed feeling towards him by the Wolves faithful if I'm honest.

Probably because he doesn't try to break the opponents leg every time he goes in for a tackle.

epsomraver

Have we not got midfielders coming out of our ears already?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: epsomraver on June 21, 2011, 04:53:07 PM

We need midfielders considering Murphy's age....I think Greening, Riise and Dikgacoi will leave us. Gera has already left - So we desparately need a few bodies there.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 21, 2011, 05:10:38 PM

We need midfielders considering Murphy's age....I think Greening, Riise and Dikgacoi will leave us. Gera has already left - So we desparately need a few bodies there.

Mate, a dutch bloke on the offal has said that we are in talks with Eyong Enoh's agent about a move here. He's 25, a defensive midfielder (do we really need another one?), a Cameroon international and is currently at Ajax. Heard anything about this?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 21, 2011, 05:13:47 PM

Mate, a dutch bloke on the offal has said that we are in talks with Eyong Enoh's agent about a move here. He's 25, a defensive midfielder (do we really need another one?), a Cameroon international and is currently at Ajax. Heard anything about this?

No, but if that's true, he will not be available on the cheap. Contract until 2015. But no world beater, he's pretty average. Seems to be a small Etuhu.

I'd prefer De Zeeuw.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/eyong-enoh/profil/spieler_47344.html

epsomraver

When did Gera leave? i have seen no announcement

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 21, 2011, 05:22:58 PM
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 21, 2011, 05:13:47 PM

No, but if that's true, he will not be available on the cheap. Contract until 2015. But no world beater, he's pretty average. Seems to be a small Etuhu.

I'd prefer De Zeeuw.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/eyong-enoh/profil/spieler_47344.html

As would I, but he's 28, and if Jol sticks to his word I can't see him bringing anyone under 25.

Burt

Quote from: epsomraver on June 21, 2011, 05:24:32 PM

I recollect seeing an announcement that Gera, Pantsil, etc. had been released.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 21, 2011, 05:25:00 PM

As would I, but he's 28, and if Jol sticks to his word I can't see him bringing anyone under 25.

I'm not too sure about it. We have to wait and see, methinks. 098.gif

@Epsomraver: He's on the Official Free Agents List 11/12. And, as Jolly Jol said: "In average, we're a bit old. I think 29/30, so hopefully we can find one or two Dembele's and build a very good team." So I think the door for Gera is closed.

Apparently, he's already in talks with Woy Woy, who today missed out on Derek Boateng.

WhiteJC

no "official" announcement about Gera or Pantsil, EJ, Kamara - Gudjohnsen and Kakuta are also listed as is Zuberbühler hasn't he gone to coach a Swiss team?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 21, 2011, 05:36:54 PM

no "official" announcement about Gera or Pantsil, EJ, Kamara - Gudjohnsen and Kakuta are also listed as is Zuberbühler hasn't he gone to coach a Swiss team?

The official end of the old campaign is 30/06/2011. Expect an announcement on that day or one/two days later.
Until 30/06/2011 11.59pm , the players (even Kakuta and Guddy) are Fulham players.

jarv

I doubt Jol has seen much of Ohara. I do expect him to have some serious knowledge of players in Europe, at least Holland and Germany.
The dutch have a production line producing good young players, would be good if he has a gem or two lined up. Particularly youngsters, before they become too expensive.

Jack Fulham

O'hara, probably the most overrated player on this forum. Got a decent left foot shot and gets up and down but isn't exactly a great passer, no better than Sidwell and we got him for peanuts. Personally think he's overpriced at £5 Million but then again, he is English.