watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Belgium - Yankeeland

Started by sipwell, June 23, 2011, 03:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

Just confirmed that the U.S. will play a friendly against the mighty nation of Belgium in the beginning of September (in Brussels). I bet the US will get a football lesson by our brave youngsters. They will be devoured by our attack, butchered by our defence and overrun by our midfield :)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

MJG

Quote from: sipwell on June 23, 2011, 03:46:08 PM
Just confirmed that the U.S. will play a friendly against the mighty nation of Belgium in the beginning of September (in Brussels). I bet the US will get a football lesson by our brave youngsters. They will be devoured by our attack, butchered by our defence and overrun by our midfield :)
And Dempsey will still score by goalhanging at the far post while falling over in the process.

clintclintdeuce

Dont know why the US would play a team like Belgium. Be a good day out though.
The Dude abides.

RidgeRider

Quote from: MJG on June 23, 2011, 04:58:06 PM
And Dempsey will still score by goalhanging at the far post while falling over in the process.

:005:

RidgeRider

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 23, 2011, 06:53:33 PM

Belgium is a good side and will probably beat us if we are not careful and aren't ready to play.

MisfitKid

If they take them out the night prior...  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: 078.gif
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

AmericanJames

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 23, 2011, 07:53:49 PM
Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 23, 2011, 06:53:33 PM

Belgium is a good side and will probably beat us if we are not careful and aren't ready to play.

would be highly disappointed if we ever lost to a Belgium.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Logicalman

I note, with interest, you didn't actually mention it was to be the USMT going there.  :hook:

HatterDon

QuoteThey will be devoured by our attack

"Belgian attack" is the most popular exhibit at the International Museum of Oxymorons.  :HD:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sipwell

Come and see September 2nd. I wouldn't want to cater for all those Americans who are convinced they are going to win, only to end up losing 4-0.  :hook:
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

duffbeer

As a backdrop, the USA's record on European soil over the last five years is 3W-9L-1D.  Wins were against Poland (2) and Switzerland.  Losses to the Netherlands, Slovakia, Denmark, England, Spain, Sweden, Germany, Czech Rep., and Ghana.  Draw was to Italy.  All losses except two were friendlies but most were in prep for world cups. 

CincyFulham1

Quote from: duffbeer on June 24, 2011, 05:18:05 PM
As a backdrop, the USA's record on European soil over the last five years is 3W-9L-1D.  Wins were against Poland (2) and Switzerland.  Losses to the Netherlands, Slovakia, Denmark, England, Spain, Sweden, Germany, Czech Rep., and Ghana.  Draw was to Italy.  All losses except two were friendlies but most were in prep for world cups. 

Ghana isn't in Europe is it?

Logicalman

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on June 24, 2011, 11:15:41 PM

:023:  just north of Norway, if i am not mistaken  :doh:

HatterDon

Quote from: Logicalman on June 25, 2011, 03:23:32 AM

We lost to Ghana and the Czech Republic in WC 2006 where we also drew with Italy. Ghana isn't in Europe, but Germany is, and that's where the matches were played. Please note that the silly yank said "the US's record on European soil" NOT the US's record against European nations.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Quote from: HatterDon on June 25, 2011, 04:31:58 AM

We lost to Ghana and the Czech Republic in WC 2006 where we also drew with Italy. Ghana isn't in Europe, but Germany is, and that's where the matches were played. Please note that the silly yank said "the US's record on European soil" NOT the US's record against European nations.

VERY well spotted there, sir. We're gonna have to start calling you 'eagle eyes' if you carry on like this, LOL  :011:

CincyFulham1

finnster01

Quote from: Logicalman on June 25, 2011, 11:56:40 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on June 25, 2011, 04:31:58 AM

VERY well spotted there, sir. We're gonna have to start calling you 'eagle eyes' if you carry on like this, LOL  :011:

Mr Hatter,
Have you ever thought about joining UN and try to find ways to circumvent all the resolutions and the fine print?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

clintclintdeuce

USA v Belgium announced today on the 6th of September... How did you know this one so early sir? And how hospitable would you lot be if a single Fulham Yank made the trip?
The Dude abides.