watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR -- Gold Cup Final tomorrow

Started by HatterDon, June 24, 2011, 08:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Now that Carlos Salcido has been cleared to play, a Fulham player will definitely get a winners medal from this competition. The USA will be playing "away from home" in The Rose Bowl. Even though it's being held in Pasadena, CA, you have to figure that about 70-80% of the supporters will be cheering for Mexico.

Let's hope neither of our lads gets hurt, and that they'll be back fit and ready to go before the season starts.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv

CincyFulham1

Quote from: jarv on June 24, 2011, 11:24:00 PM
What channel/time is it on?

Fox Soccer @ 8:00pm atleast that is when my DVR is set for.

MisfitKid

80% Don?  That sounds a little low...  :015:   :011:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

MrCheviot

One will get a medal for sure, but I'm not so sure Salcido will make the starting XI tomorrow. He's easily been Mexico's most anonymous player this tournment - I've seen 2.5 games and he is offering the Mex side very little right now - 3/4 tempo runs ahead of the ball that usually are ignored, opts to pass instead of cross far too often, overlapping runs are hesitant, does a decent job protecting the flank but as we saw at Fulham there's one or two instances in a game where he gets beat badiy. The spanish commentators during the last match were talking about his lack of offerings right before he passed it straight out of bounds not within 10 ft of a teammate and was promptly subbed. His replacement, Jorge Torres, was instantly better and was doing all of the things that Carlos has not.

Maybe he was told to patrol a certain area and not be too adventurous. Afterall, MEX plays w/ the forwards out wide on both sides.. and for periods of their matches, they have played a 4-3-3 w/ Carlos sometimes playing the left midfield spot. But at no time has he looked dangerous or confident, merely capable.

Any 3 of Baird/Hughes/Hangeland/Senderos will start for us next season. But not all 4 at the same time. Jol needs to figure out if Salcido can hack it (he can't), if Briggs is up to it (we'll see, 30% chance), or if he's gonna bring someone in (do the math).

Maybe we'll see Davies playing some RB in earily Europa matches?
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

duffbeer

Quote from: MrCheviot on June 25, 2011, 12:05:10 AM
One will get a medal for sure, but I'm not so sure Salcido will make the starting XI tomorrow. He's easily been Mexico's most anonymous player this tournment - I've seen 2.5 games and he is offering the Mex side very little right now - 3/4 tempo runs ahead of the ball that usually are ignored, opts to pass instead of cross far too often, overlapping runs are hesitant, does a decent job protecting the flank but as we saw at Fulham there's one or two instances in a game where he gets beat badiy. The spanish commentators during the last match were talking about his lack of offerings right before he passed it straight out of bounds not within 10 ft of a teammate and was promptly subbed. His replacement, Jorge Torres, was instantly better and was doing all of the things that Carlos has not.

Salcido has been nursing a heel injury which probably explains his play, definitely explains his subbing off, and will explain his not being in the final if that proves to be the case.  

Whatever Jol decides, Salcido offered more on the left than Pantsil ever dreamed of offering on the right.  

RidgeRider

Quote from: duffbeer on June 25, 2011, 01:42:52 AM

Salcido has been nursing a heel injury which probably explains his play, definitely explains his subbing off, and will explain his not being in the final if that proves to be the case.  

Whatever Jol decides, Salcido offered more on the left than Pantsil ever dreamed of offering on the right.  

With the exception of completely eliminating two world class players from matches, namely Christiano and Dogbreath.

duffbeer

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 25, 2011, 02:22:24 AM
Quote from: duffbeer on June 25, 2011, 01:42:52 AM

With the exception of completely eliminating two world class players from matches, namely Christiano and Dogbreath.

So that success was all Pantsil was it?  No credit to Hodgson and the fact that he generally had two banks of four defenders and midfeilders manning his defense?  Despite the fact that Hodgson's defensive tactics are known and acknowleged by the world, I guess it was all Johnny P.  And then one season later he decided to redefine the own goal and continue to offer nothing going forward.  I guess Martin Jol is wrong is releasing Johnny P.  THat begs the question, is he wrong in releasing EJ too?  

## Excluded ##

Oh and please lock the thread or ban me, something totally uncalled for like that is just the answer

MrCheviot

wtf?

If you don't want people commenting on Pantsil, don't bring him into the conversation. This is was a thread about the Gold Cup, not your feelings about Ridge. Or Pantsil or Hodgson for that matter. No one attacked your assertion that Salcido had anything to offer by saying it was b/c he had a midfield who tracked back and Hangeland saving his ass more than once.  If it's a carry over from a different thread, keep it there.

No need to lock this thread. Quit the hysterics and perhaps back away from the reply button next time.

Re: his heel, it would explain a bit of his recent sucking, but if that's really the case he should recuse himself and let Torres play, because he's not doing himself or his team any service right now.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

HatterDon

So, let me see if I understand this. We can talk about Fulham players in internationals if they're from Norway, Hungary, Ghana, Ireland, Australia, and Northern Ireland on the other branch of this forum. If, however, we're talking about players from the United States and Mexico, then the thread must be moved to the "Exiles and Overseas."

In the immortal words of Reverand Tom, "huh?"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

BTW, can we get a prayer from Rev Tom? I fear we will need it.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Logicalman

Quote from: HatterDon on June 25, 2011, 04:36:22 AM
So, let me see if I understand this. We can talk about Fulham players in internationals if they're from Norway, Hungary, Ghana, Ireland, Australia, and Northern Ireland on the other branch of this forum. If, however, we're talking about players from the United States and Mexico, then the thread must be moved to the "Exiles and Overseas."

In the immortal words of Reverand Tom, "huh?"

I thought, as did other posters on this thread it appears, that it was a bout the Gold Cup (perhaps the thread heading gave me that idea).

I agree that it does include two Fulham players, but to then say that this relates to Fulham and not the Gold Cup, is like saying that ALL USMT matches are about Fulham and not USMT when Demps plays.

I was trying to keep all such Gold Cup threads together on the same section as this is where people would natural look for such posts/threads.