Main Menu

Arsenal sign Rice.

Started by Baston White, June 28, 2023, 09:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baston White

For £105 million.

How much does that make Joao worth??

SP

Arsenal looking to secure that second place for next season.

Would love another year from Joao, then look at a big fee when the time comes.

Motspur Park

Quote from: SP on June 28, 2023, 09:54:19 PMArsenal looking to secure that second place for next season.

Would love another year from Joao, then look at a big fee when the time comes.

With Joao in the team and Marco as manager, it should be sufficient to establish us in this division and then attract players that may not be willing to join us currently.

To add to the OPs point, my feeling is that Joao should be of a similar value to Rice. The media seem to suggest he is worth no more than £60m but based on Rices valuation £90m seems about right. Obviously he will have less resale value due to his age but at 27 he is in his prime.

Bassey the warrior

João isn't going to West Ham, I'm very confident of that. The worry would be him going to Chelsea but it sounds like they're pursuing Caicedo.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Baston White on June 28, 2023, 09:46:37 PMFor £105 million.

How much does that make Joao worth??

£105 million

Black, White and Fred

£105M for a player on the last year of their contract is crazy business. As decent as he is he is not worth that much. Include £65M for Havertz means they have spent £170M on two players
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

perry geyton

Silly money

I really can't see him living up to that price tag,

Hoping he'll flop

In my eyes Jao is far more effective

LC

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on June 28, 2023, 10:47:14 PMJoão isn't going to West Ham, I'm very confident of that. The worry would be him going to Chelsea but it sounds like they're pursuing Caicedo.

Yes, I would be shocked if he left us for West Ham- just a sideways move. He must be worth at least £70-80m, it's incredibly hard to say. He is turning 28 next month so he's in his prime but whoever buys him probably won't get any resale value. As for Rice, you pay an English premium and he's much younger. So I guess around £70-80m for Palhinha (probably the upper end) makes sense.

Having said that, we shouldn't sell him

filham

So the big question is that with their pockets full of Rice money will West Ham now come to the Cottage feeling they can afford to put in an attractive bid for Palhinha.

Somerset Fulham

Joao won't be going to West Ham but realistically in this market he isn't worth as much as Rice either.

He's not as young, he's not British (which is ridiculous, but here we are) and he doesn't pass as well, but of course if the club's valuation isn't met (i.e. they price him out) then this is a moot point.

roberto w6

Quote from: filham on June 29, 2023, 10:02:14 AMSo the big question is that with their pockets full of Rice money will West Ham now come to the Cottage feeling they can afford to put in an attractive bid for Palhinha.

I don't think he'd move to West Ham. But when I read Barcelona are interested, that worries me more.
In England, I think it would only be City, Man U or Liverpool who he'd see as a significant step-up. Arsenal and Chelsea are rebuilding so more of a risk for him. I don't consider Spurs a big club (more like a pop group who had a one-hit novelty #1 record in the 60s and think they're up there with the Stones and Beatles). Everton are a big club but in a total mess so not really a threat for Jao's signature.
He is so critical to us in so many ways. It's worth doing almost anything to keep him as we could sell him and spend £100m on a player who is brilliant on-paper but just doesn't gel with us. As his currency rises, he'll also help us attract other top quality players. Whoever we sign, I'd regard this transfer window as a failure if Jao leaves. Ward-Prowse (who some say could be a replacement if we lose him) looks a very decent player from what I've seen on TV but it might just not click with us. Any contract re-negotiation/money spent on keeping Jao is better than a new signing in my opinion

H4usuallysitting

Rice pud for £105m....what else is on the menu.... Ammers will spend £20m and the rest in the sky....you know it makes sense

bencher

I love Joao but Rice offers things that he doesn't. He is more athletic and can carry the ball forward with pace, which means top teams will consider him as able to play the 6 and 8 midfield positions.

I wouldn't be surprised if West Ham look to sign Lavia who is much younger than Joao, will be a fair bit cheaper and has tons of potential.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: roberto w6 on June 29, 2023, 10:29:05 AM
Quote from: filham on June 29, 2023, 10:02:14 AMSo the big question is that with their pockets full of Rice money will West Ham now come to the Cottage feeling they can afford to put in an attractive bid for Palhinha.

I don't think he'd move to West Ham. But when I read Barcelona are interested, that worries me more.
In England, I think it would only be City, Man U or Liverpool who he'd see as a significant step-up. Arsenal and Chelsea are rebuilding so more of a risk for him. I don't consider Spurs a big club (more like a pop group who had a one-hit novelty #1 record in the 60s and think they're up there with the Stones and Beatles). Everton are a big club but in a total mess so not really a threat for Jao's signature.
He is so critical to us in so many ways. It's worth doing almost anything to keep him as we could sell him and spend £100m on a player who is brilliant on-paper but just doesn't gel with us. As his currency rises, he'll also help us attract other top quality players. Whoever we sign, I'd regard this transfer window as a failure if Jao leaves. Ward-Prowse (who some say could be a replacement if we lose him) looks a very decent player from what I've seen on TV but it might just not click with us. Any contract re-negotiation/money spent on keeping Jao is better than a new signing in my opinion

He wouldn't fit in at Barcelona, not a Barcelona player at all.

Deuce

Well its now that the Palhinha-saga really kicks in. West Ham now got the funds and will start to more actively seek for a replacement. Especially now that Kondogbia moved to Marseille

I can really see them testing us for Palhinha now. But as long as we refuse then I cant see Palhinha being too fussed about it either. As long as we in turn signal our ambition and intent in bringing in quality players, then we'll be fine.

Deuce

Quote from: roberto w6 on June 29, 2023, 10:29:05 AM

Dont think Barca are able to provide us with an even half decent offer considering the state that they are in. They are still struggling somewhat with registration of players, just able to register Gavi ahead of this season, and this is seemingly why Messi decided against moving there this summer as they couldnt guarantee that theyd sort the registration out

So unless Tony fancies like 4 or 5 Barca rejects then dont worry about it

hovewhite

Big pressure on him from his 1st game as for palhinia no way with silvas contract not signed that will be enough for the khans to resist the money.

blingo

90m cos that's the price FFC have put on him