The "How can Kenny Achampong be 45 years old" / Happy birthday Kenny thread

Started by LBNo11, June 26, 2011, 01:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travers Barney

We are the whites

SP

Travers Barney

Quote from: SP on March 29, 2013, 11:14:20 PM
Corey Browne also looked very promising.
For sure SP...crime..bury? and non league...wrong era again.

coyw
We are the whites

Travers Barney

We are the whites

Travers Barney

Just turned 47 now...happy belated birthday to the real king kenny

coyw
We are the whites

Travers Barney

Bit on the official about the man...extract from a programme last season.

Hope Miracle kicks on.

coyw
We are the whites

Travers Barney

Feeling for one of Kenny's old teams and their fans tonight...always liked the O's and was looking forward to the trip next season.

Real shame

coyw
We are the whites

Lighthouse

Quote from: Travers Barney on May 25, 2014, 10:44:16 PM
Feeling for one of Kenny's old teams and their fans tonight...always liked the O's and was looking forward to the trip next season.

Real shame

coyw

Still couldn't believe the stat that was mentioned on the radio about them not reaching the top two divisions in 32 years.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Macedo

Tonywa

Kenny was hugely naturally talented.  Derry Quigley used to rave about his ability - BUT he never managed to harness that fabulous ball control, speed, trickery and eye for a goal into a team ethic.  He wouldn't track back or tackle and this in a team struggling in the lower divisions was hardly ideal and not at all to the liking of Ray Lew.   Of course he later went to Charlton, was given the chance to play in the top division, albeit in a poor team and signally failed to impress.Their supporters fanzine at the time was fairly scathing about him and did not rate him at all.

He burst on the scene like a shooting star,  burned brightly for a very brief period and then fell back to earth just as quickly.  Still at least he'll still be remembered when the likes of Ronnie Mauge, Leo Donnelan, Udo Onwere and Martin Fearney are little more than a bad memory.

andyk

I think I remember his first game or maybe his second, when in the early minutes of the game, he took the ball into the corner flag down by the cottage, then jinked and tricked his way along the byline past two bamboozled defenders and created a chance out of absoloutely nothing.  I was standing just in front of the  green pole and was in a state of confusion and bemusement,  I thought Leroy had turned into George Best.
Kenny was class, a real talent, there was an audible buzz when he got the ball, even back in those dark days of lower division relegation battles. I think he had a great game against Chelsea in the cup replay, he won a penalty when he jinked past a defender and was far too quick to get fouled, then waited for the defender to recover then jinked past him again and, this time, made sure he was fouled. We missed the penalty, of course, but what happy memories.

Travers Barney

Quote from: andyk on May 26, 2014, 05:13:53 PM
I think I remember his first game or maybe his second, when in the early minutes of the game, he took the ball into the corner flag down by the cottage, then jinked and tricked his way along the byline past two bamboozled defenders and created a chance out of absoloutely nothing.  I was standing just in front of the  green pole and was in a state of confusion and bemusement,  I thought Leroy had turned into George Best.
Kenny was class, a real talent, there was an audible buzz when he got the ball, even back in those dark days of lower division relegation battles. I think he had a great game against Chelsea in the cup replay, he won a penalty when he jinked past a defender and was far too quick to get fouled, then waited for the defender to recover then jinked past him again and, this time, made sure he was fouled. We missed the penalty, of course, but what happy memories.

Still feel ill about that night at the Cottage....the injustice still lingers.

coyw
We are the whites

Andy S

Yes could have been a true legend here but hey sometimes it doesn't happen. Gave a few of us who were there a bit of pleasure during the dark days

Travers Barney

Only a month to go and the great man will be 50...wonder how his son is developing as a player.

coyw
We are the whites

Burt

Travers Barney

Happy belated 50th to Kilburn's finest Fulham player albeit for too short a time.
We are the whites

valdeingruo

Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Travers Barney

Kenny was class, a real talent, there was an audible buzz when he got the ball, even back in those dark days of lower division relegation battles. I think he had a great game against Chelsea in the cup replay, he won a penalty when he jinked past a defender and was far too quick to get fouled, then waited for the defender to recover then jinked past him again and, this time, made sure he was fouled. We missed the penalty, of course, but what happy memories.....Andy K...my archive of this replicates yours.... the most unfair Fulham defeat in my supporting years..still not sure I am still over the injustice of it.
We are the whites

Travers Barney

'The joy of Kenny' sounds like a 1970's book......anyway discussed his merits in that rather barren bar in Burtons ground the other night and was comforted that other affecianado's of London's oldest club seemingly held him in the same high esteem...coyw
We are the whites