more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MARTIN JOL: AJAX NOT AS BIG AS FULHAM

Started by WhiteJC, June 26, 2011, 08:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

MARTIN JOL: AJAX NOT AS BIG AS FULHAM

MARTIN JOL breezed back to London as Fulham's new manager knowing that he has returned to a land where cash is king.

Even though Martin Jol's former club Ajax is one of the continent's most successful, with four European Cups to its credit, Jol believes Fulham are actually a bigger club when it comes to financial pulling power.

"Ajax have more than 50,000 at home games but it's not hard to compete with clubs in Holland because the budgets are not that high," he said.

"Here the television money is higher, and if I want a player and Ajax want the same player, he will probably come to Fulham."

But Jol is also well aware that he and Fulham – and any other club for that matter – can't hope to compete with Manchester City in the cash league.

"They have owners who are very rich," the Dutchman added.

"When I was in charge at Hamburg one of my best players, Nigel de Jong, went to City for £18million ... unbelievable.

"They put in offers for my club's strikers and you realised they can probably buy any player in the world."

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/255098/Martin-Jol-Ajax-not-as-big-as-Fulham-?

CULTUREVULTURE

Based on home gates and revenue generated you could argue that Fulham are also bigger than Juventus. But in pure footballing terms we are not as big as either Ajax or Juve.

ImperialWhite

It's true what he says in a financial sense, and very flattering, but a bit of a silly thing to say.

Ajax:

30 titles
18 cups
(7 supercups)

4 European Cups
2 Intercontinental Cups
1 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup
1 UEFA Cup
(1 UEFA supercup)

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on June 26, 2011, 09:57:28 PM
Based on home gates and revenue generated you could argue that Fulham are also bigger than Juventus. But in pure footballing terms we are not as big as either Ajax or Juve.
But after smashing Juve all over the Gaff (they knocked out Ajax), it's fair to say we re currently better than them.

CULTUREVULTURE

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 26, 2011, 10:29:38 PM
Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on June 26, 2011, 09:57:28 PM
But after smashing Juve all over the Gaff (they knocked out Ajax), it's fair to say we re currently better than them.

Smashing all over the gaff? Where have I heard that phrase before?

True re juve. Although if you were to list their honours it woulkd outstrip the Ajax list by miles.

Fulham_Adam

Quote from: ImperialWhite on June 26, 2011, 10:20:51 PM
It's true what he says in a financial sense, and very flattering, but a bit of a silly thing to say.

Did he actually say the sentence 'Fulham are a bigger club than Ajax'?
Doesn't seem to have been quoted just another case of the headline putting words in people's mouths again.
The past is told by those who win.