watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

David Bentley - Fulham?

Started by ElissonSnygg, June 28, 2011, 06:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElissonSnygg

Atletico Madrid have shown interest in David Bentley - but Fulham also want to end the winger's Tottenham nightmare.

The 26-year-old has been monitored by Atletico after failing to establish himself at Spurs since his £15million move form Blackburn three years ago.
He already has links with Spain, after becoming a partner in a Marbella bar two years ago.
However, Fulham boss Martin Jol is looking for wide men and sees Bentley as an option.

Bentley can leave Spurs this summer as boss Harry Redknapp looks to trim his squad.
Wilson Palacios, Niko Kranjcar and Giovani dos Santos are also set to leave.
Alan Hutton will also be allowed to depart and Aston Villa, Sunderland and West Brom are all interested in the Scotland full-back.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

MJG

Bentley-the new Jason Koumas...every bloody window we are going to get linked with him.

BalDrick

The fact he's a (presumably sleeping) partner in a bar in Marbella means he's likely to go to Atletico? Yeah right...
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

I really hope we steer clear - overrated by himself and the press, he has a good right foot but little pace.

No doubt Spurs would try to screw us on the price too.

BalDrick

'No doubt Spurs would try to screw us on the price too.'

Indeed - reckon both the player's agent and THFC will be working hard this summer to get this guy off their roster - bet he's on a stack for a start, plus Twitch doesn't like him at all. This is exactly they type of player who'll finally sign for someone a matter of hours before the window closes, having pimped himself around any club showing even the slightest sign of interest, playing them all off against each other for the 'best package'.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on June 28, 2011, 09:37:37 AM
'No doubt Spurs would try to screw us on the price too.'

Indeed - reckon both the player's agent and THFC will be working hard this summer to get this guy off their roster - bet he's on a stack for a start, plus Twitch doesn't like him at all. This is exactly they type of player who'll finally sign for someone a matter of hours before the window closes, having pimped himself around any club showing even the slightest sign of interest, playing them all off against each other for the 'best package'.

Spurs have a lot of dead wood to get off their team, mainly to then fund further happy Harry purchases.

Levy is good at maximising value, so as always it would be wise to steer clear of doing any deals with them unless they are desperate.

MJG

I heard on the radio they were offering 4 players to Bolton for Gary Cahill. (Hutton, Jenes, Bossong and Keane)

MontenegroWhite

Well I suppose their wages would be too much for Bolton. So there is very little chance this could happen.

And, yes, I would like somebody younger than Bentley, although he is a good player.

WhiteJC

Tottenham Winger Expects White Hart Lane Departure

Tottenham Hotspur winger David Bentley looks like he is heading out of White Hart Lane this summer with Atletico Madrid and Fulham interested, according to reports in the Daily Star.

Since his £15million move to Tottenham from Blackburn Rovers in 2008, Bentley has had a few glimpses but overall has failed to impress.

During the second half of last season the former Arsenal player was on loan at Birmingham, and Bentley couldn't prevent the club getting relegated from the Premier League.

During his time at St Andrews, the Birmingham Mail described the 26-year-olds performances as "flattered to deceive."

However it is believed there is interest surrounding Bentley is Spain with Atletico Madrid reportedly interested in the winger. Bentley has connections in Spain, as he owns a bar in Marbella.

It is also thought Fulham manager Martin Jol is keen to acquire the services of the England international, who was once touted as the next David Beckham,

Jol is currently looking for a wide man at Craven Cottage and sees Bentley as an ideal option.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has been told he needs to sell four or five players before he buys, and fringe players like Bentley will be allowed to leave. Tottenham will be looking for in the region of around £5million for the winger.

Last season Bentley made three appearances for Spurs before moving to Birmingham on loan in the second half of the campaign, making 15 appearances and scoring just one goal in all competitions.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/tottenham-winger-expects-white-hart-lane-departure/?

Burt

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 28, 2011, 12:07:16 PM

Tottenham Winger Expects White Hart Lane Departure

During his time at St Andrews, the Birmingham Mail described the 26-year-olds performances as "flattered to deceive."

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/tottenham-winger-expects-white-hart-lane-departure/?

For once there is a journo I agree with, and a Brummie one at that.

"Flatters to deceive" is probably a good summary.

Willard

I read the headline too quickly. I thought it said "Tottenham Whinger Expects White Hart Lane Departure".

Mr Fulham

He needs some proper coaching. Talented, but overrated and overestimated early on. Did only support his ego. Wasn't able to reproduce what he did at Blackburn.

Somehow, I think he could do well for us.

FatFreddysCat

Has Wadey signed in with an alias ?  :hook: And will HD reply  086.gif  :015:

Whiteroom

Quote from: MontenegroWhite on June 28, 2011, 11:37:16 AM
Well I suppose their wages would be too much for Bolton. So there is very little chance this could happen.

And, yes, I would like somebody younger than Bentley, although he is a good player.
I don't think we really need to go much younger than 26. Thats quite young. Is mr Montenegro actually from Montenegro? I am heading there in a week.

HatterDon

I think Bentley would look wonderful in Red and White stripes.

Enjoy Madrid!!!!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SmithyFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on June 28, 2011, 03:40:05 PM
I think Bentley would look wonderful in Red and White stripes.

Enjoy Madrid!!!!

As soon as i saw this i awaited you reaction HD!
FTID

Mr Fulham

Why would Atlético Madrid want him?

Frankie-Peter Taylor

He would be a great signing IF he can go back to his Blackburn form and attitude. He was a superb player in that period of time and the fact he's still on 26 does suggest it won't be hard to transform him into a typical Fulham player. He's pretty quick (not the fastest but he could beat a man) he's got a superb cross and a good delivery from a set piece (dangerous from scoring too - something Fulham haven't really had since Jimmy Bullard, excluding Zamora and Baird's odd goals from free kicks).

nevzter

"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."