more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (28/06/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 28, 2011, 06:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham midfielder undeterred by shorter summer break

Simon Davies is concentrating more on Europa League glory than moaning about a shorter summer break.

The Whites host Faroe Islanders NSI Runavik at Craven Cottage this Thursday for the first leg of their Qualification first round matchup.

An early return to action means the players were back in pre-season training last week, far sooner than everyone else, but if it means the club can play once again in a European competition, Davies is more than willing to sacrifice a fortnights rest.

"It's bittersweet really," said Davies. "Although we didn't get as long off as we would have liked after a long season, as a result we have been given a great chance in the form of the UEFA Europa League.

"You have to get on with it and do as best as you can – you don't really have time to think about it. We've been back in for almost a week and I have to say the squad looks in good shape, but I suppose that is to be expected. "I don't think the team has lost too much fitness, which is another positive, and we're all looking forward to getting out there again."

Fulham have regularly finished higher in the Premier League table than teams with far greater spending power and Davies is determined that he and his team-mates continue that trend and not rest on their laurels.

"It's all about progression really, so every year you want to do that bit better than the season before," he said.

"We finished last season well, so we'll be looking at extending that into the new one and getting off to a good start, where most importantly we are putting points on the board. We finished eighth last season, so straight away that's the marker. We have to balance the prospect of a season in Europe too, but we certainly want to be competitive on all fronts."

http://www.london24.com:80/sport/fulham/fulham_midfielder_undeterred_by_shorter_summer_break_1_945226?

Northendwhite

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 28, 2011, 03:34:09 PM

Ajax chief confirms Fulham target free to go

Ajax manager Frank De Boer has confirmed talkSPORT's exclusive by admitting he will allow Mounir El-Hamdaoui to leave this summer.

We told you how high level discussions between Ajax officials led to the striker being informed he has to find a new club in the transfer window.

El-Hamdaoui, a former Dutch footballer of the year, is not thought to be part of De Boer's plans for the new season and Martin Jol is keen on the 26-year-old to come to Fulham.

But Ajax's bitter rivals PSV have also monitored El-Hamdaoui's situation at the club and are weighing up a move too.

De Boer said: "I wish [El-Hamdaoui] well. If he wants to move to PSV he should. We spoke and as a result of that conversation Ajax sent him a letter [informing him of his uncertain future]."

I've been saying this for a while now, the fella is awesome and some of the goals he has scored for Ajax have been something else. The prospect of a Zamora and El-Hamdaoui up-front is something i will vote a resounding 'yes vote' for. Jol knows him well, will get him for a decent price and they have worked well in the past.

This should be a deal we can seal and something we shouldn't turn our noses up at.

P.s, first post and hi to all :-)

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8646/5/ajax-chief-confirms-fulham-target-free-go
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere!