more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (30/06/11)

Started by WhiteJC, June 30, 2011, 07:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Martin Jol ready for Fulham's Europa League campaign

Fulham manager Martin Jol says he is happy with his players' fitness levels ahead of Thursday's Europa League qualifying tie.

Jol's side play Faroese club NSI Runavik at Craven Cottage on Thursday night in the first leg of qualifying.

The Dutchman says the club "can't complain" about playing in Europe because the competition is important to the club and believes he has the squad to cope with the 11-month season.

link for video...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13966344.stm?

WhiteJC

Martin Jol happy with Europa participation

Fulham manager Martin Jol insists nobody is complaining about the Cottagers' early return to competitive football and even backed his charges to repeat the Europa League exploits of two years ago.

The former Tottenham boss began pre-season with his new troops last week in preparation for his first match at the helm against NSI Runavik of the Faroe Islands in the Europa League first round tomorrow night.

Fulham have fond memories of the competition having defeated the likes of Shakhtar Donetsk, Hamburg and Juventus on the way to a final showdown with Atletico Madrid in the 2010.

The run surprised many but Jol believes the Cottagers could once again progress through the competition.

"I would imagine that there are quite a few teams that would like to be in Europe," he said.

"In Holland you play for Europe and I think it is the same in England.

"In the league you play for the support and yourself.

"You want to stay in the league firstly but secondly you want to finish in the first five or six spots. You want to be in Europe. That is the goal.

"Maybe that wasn't the goal for Fulham but because they are playing the way they did they did well in the Fair Play cup.

"If you can do that and if you're lucky enough you play in Europe so you can't complain.

"Two years ago they did unbelievably well, gave the club a good profile in Europe and the money was coming in as well."

Asked whether his side could repeat the exploits of 2010, he added: "You need a bit of luck but I remember Fulham playing against Shakhtar Donetsk and beating them.

"I can't remember Shakhtar losing a game at home so they certainly played a way that could be successful in Europe, so why not?"

Jol admitted that he would need a squad of more than 20 players to reach such heady heights again but refused to comment on the players he is looking to bring in.

The likes of Tottenham duo David Bentley and Jermaine Jenas have been linked with a move to west London, while West Ham striker Carlton Cole has also been mentioned as a target.

"I will never name names because in this business there are always other clubs watching you," he said.

"We will do that privately. I have seen eight or nine names linked with us and that was not true.

"Of course you know there are a few players without a contract now, like [Zoltan] Gera for example.

"We need a couple of additions but I won't bring players here for the sake of it because we still have young players as well.

"I have to give them a chance to play, to be happy and to develop themselves.

"I think there will be two or three players coming into my squad and I will give them a chance in the next couple of weeks to prove themselves."

Lauri Dalla Valle and Kerim Frei are two such players that could be handed debuts against NSI Runavik with the likes of Moussa Dembele, Carlos Salcido and Clint Dempsey unavailable.

More than 12,000 tickets have already been sold for the tie and Jol is confident of success despite missing some of his key players.

"We have got a few youngsters in the squad so of course there are four or five players not here, they are on holiday so it is a nice opportunity for these youngsters to show and prove themselves," he added.

"I can't imagine going out in the first round but it is football so you never know.

"You could say that it is 90% sure that we go through but you still have to do the business and our players know that."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/martin-jol-happy-with-europa-participation-2304373.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham    v    Nes Soknar Itrottarfelag
Europa League
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Thursday, 30 June Kick-off: 1930 BST Coverage: Live scores and report on BBC website

Fulham kick off their new campaign against NSI Runavik in the first leg of their Europa League qualification first-round tie on Thursday.

Having returned to pre-season training last week, just a month since the end of last season, Fulham face the Faroe Islands part-timers at Craven Cottage.

Carlos Salcido and Clint Dempsey are unavailable as they featured in the recent Concacaf Gold Cup in California.

The match represents Martin Jol's first in charge of the Londoners.

And the Dutchman, who was appointed as Mark Hughes's successor at the start of the month, insists nobody in the squad is complaining about the Cottagers' early return to competitive football - tipping his new charges to repeat their Europa League exploits of two years ago.

Fulham have fond memories of the competition, having defeated the likes of Shakhtar Donetsk, Hamburg and Juventus on the way to a final showdown with Atletico Madrid in the 2010, which they eventually lost.

Jol believes Fulham can enjoy a similar run this time around, having qualified for the competition through last season's Fair Play League.

"I would imagine that there are quite a few teams that would like to be in Europe," said Jol.

"You want to be in Europe. That is the goal. Maybe that wasn't the goal for Fulham but because they are playing the way they did, they did well in the Fair Play cup.

"If you can do that and if you're lucky enough you play in Europe so you can't complain.

"Two years ago they did unbelievably well, gave the club a good profile in Europe and the money was coming in as well.

"You need a bit of luck [to repeat that] but I remember Fulham playing against Shakhtar Donetsk and beating them. I can't remember Shakhtar losing a game at home so they certainly played a way that could be successful in Europe, so why not?"

Lauri Dalla Valle and Kerim Frei are two young players that could be handed debuts against NSI Runavik as a result of the absences of Salcido and Dempsey, but Jol is confident of victory.

"We have got a few youngsters in the squad because of course there are four or five players not here," said Jol. "It is a nice opportunity for these youngsters to show and prove themselves.

"I can't imagine going out in the first round but it is football so you never know.

"You could say that it is 90% sure that we go through but you still have to do the business and our players know that."

More than 12,000 tickets have already been sold for the tie.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13959909.stm?

WhiteJC

DAVIES EXPECTS COTTAGERS TO ATTACK

Fulham midfielder Simon Davies believes the Cottagers have an exciting season ahead under new manager Martin Jol.

The former Tottenham boss was appointed as Mark Hughes' replacement at Craven Cottage earlier this month on a two-year deal.

Jol's first match at the helm comes on Thursday in a Europa League qualification first round tie with NSI Runavik of the Faroe Islands.

The players returned to training last week and Davies has already been impressed by the new man in charge.

"He's a manager that very much promotes an attacking outlook," he told the club's official website, www.fulhamfc.com.

"He likes his teams to be expansive and to get down the flanks. We'll get forward, attack and create lots of chances and that's the big thing for me.

"If we can get things right then it could be an exciting season ahead. One thing is for sure, we'll certainly be good to watch.

"He's a football man and one that has a great knowledge of the game. He's been in the game for a while now so he comes in with plenty of experience.

"He did very well in his last spell in the Premier League when he was at Tottenham, so he knows what to expect in terms of the league.

"He also did well at Hamburg and Ajax, so he has experience of European football too.

"He gets very involved in the training sessions and likes to instil confidence in his players. He has a philosophy that we can all relate to and hopefully we'll see the benefits of that."

Davies may well play a part on Thursday, although Clint Dempsey and Carlos Salcido are unavailable.

Both players featured in the CONCACAF Gold Cup for the United States and Mexico respectively, with the latter defeating the former 4-2 in the final.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/fulham/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/06/28/SOCCER_Fulham.html

WhiteJC

Jol hopes for additions
Cottagers boss won't name names

Fulham manager Martin Jol expects to make a couple of additions to his squad before the end of the transfer window.

The Cottagers boss recently took the reins in West London from Mark Hughes but has been inactive in the market so far.

Tottenham duo David Bentley and Jermaine Jenas have been linked with a move to the club, while West Ham striker Carlton Cole has also been mentioned as a target.

However, the Dutch coach would not reveal who he is interested in, preferring to do business in private.

"I will never name names because in this business there are always other clubs watching you," he said.

Not true

"We will do that privately. I have seen eight or nine names linked with us and that was not true.

"Of course you know there are a few players without a contract now, like [Zoltan] Gera for example.

"We need a couple of additions but I won't bring players here for the sake of it because we still have young players as well.

"I think there will be two or three players coming into my squad and I will give them a chance in the next couple of weeks to prove themselves."

Fulham take on Faroe Islands outfit NSI Runavik in the Europa League on Thursday night, with the likes of Moussa Dembele, Carlos Salcido and Clint Dempsey unavailable.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_7010411,00.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham Home Shirt for 2011-12 Season: Leaked Photo

A photo has been leaked on the Internet that reveals the design of Fulham's home shirt for the 2011-12 Premier League season.

The above photo shows two pages from the Fulham magazine, where the design of the new Fulham shirt is featured. Designed and manufactured by Kappa, the shirt features a black trim which goes down the side of the shirt and shorts as well as the Kappa logos in black on the shoulders in addition to the Kappa name on the chest.

Overall, I give the design a thumbs up. I'd like to see it in person before making a final decision though. The one design feature I'm not sure about is how the black trim on the side of the shirt comes in below the sponsor name which draws more attention to the sponsor name (which is already obnoxious in its big bold letters and red color).

What do you think of the new design? Share your opinion in the comments section below. And don't forget, for the largest selection of Premier League shirts for all 20 clubs, visit the EPL Talk Shop.

Thanks to EPL Talk reader Jason Gatties for the news tip.

http://www.epltalk.com/fulham-home-shirt-for-2011-12-season-leaked-photo-32723?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EPLTalk+%28EPL+Talk%29

WhiteJC

Weekly Accumulator – Fulham and eight other winners
Odds of 33/1 are available on these nine Europa League sides prevailing

Fulham are one of 50 teams across the continent forced to start their season as early as June to play for the honour of qualifying for the Europa League. To save you treading into the minefield, we've picked nine clubs likely to triumph.

By combining them in a nine-fold accumulator on Ladbrokes, you can receive odds of 33/1 – not bad given that the longest price of any side that we are backing is 11/8 – presenting the chance to turn £1 into £33 or, if you're bolder, £10 into £330.

Bankers
Fulham to beat Runavik @ 1/100
NK Varazdin to beat Lusitanos @ 1/16
Ferencvaros to beat Ulisses @ 1/7
Dinamo Tbilisi to beat Milsami @ 1/5
Renova to beat Glentoran @ 4/11

Tight calls
Karabakh to win at Banga @ 4/6
Rabotnicki to win at Trans Narva @ 4/5
FC Minsk to win at AZAL Baku @ 11/8
Olimpi to win at Banants @ 11/8

Each of the away selections have been carefully chosen as there is a clear reason to fancy them to win, while the majority of the so-called bankers have been included either due to the hosts having European pedigree or visitors lacking in that department.

It's the bottom four that are worth focussing on the justifications for given the longer prices, with our decision to favour Azerbaijani side Karabakh over Lithuanians Banga influenced by the former's run through three qualifying rounds last term.

Rabotnicki meanwhile weren't embarrassed by Liverpool last year and are up against an Estonian side in Trans Narva that have lost seven straight games in the competition, scoring only once in that time.

There are strong statistics supporting the above-evens picks too. AZAL Baku ended last season on a streak of one victory in eight and face an FC Minsk team adept on their travels, while Olimpi's opponents Banants have lost six of their last seven in the Europa League to nil.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/europa-league/the-weekly-accumulator-–-fulham-and-eight-other-winners_067878.html

WhiteJC

Martin Jol sees no reason why Fulham cannot repeat their 2010 Europa League heroics
The Dutchman presides over his first competitive game in charge in a qualifying match against NSI Runavki, and feels his side can shock the continent once again

Fulham manager Martin Jol has expressed his excitement about the Cottagers' return to Europa League action and has backed his club to impress the world and repeat the success of only two years ago.

The Londoners began their pre-season training much earlier than many clubs in preparation for their first Europa League qualifying match against NSI Runavik of the Faroe Islands.

The Cottagers reached the final of the competition in 2010 after defeating the likes of Hamburg and Juventus before being beaten by Atletico Madrid in the final, and fans will be hoping for similar showings this season.

Jol believes plenty of sides must envy Fulham's position despite having such an early start to their season.

"I would imagine that there are quite a few teams that would like to be in Europe. In Holland you play for Europe and I think it is the same in England," he told reporters.

"You want to stay in the league firstly but secondly you want to finish in the first five or six spots. You want to be in Europe. That is the goal."

Discussing the team's performances in 2010, Jol stated: "Two years ago they did unbelievably well, gave the club a good profile in Europe and the money was coming in as well."

Asked whether his side could repeat the exploits of 2010, he added: "You need a bit of luck but I remember Fulham playing against Shakhtar Donetsk and beating them.

"I can't remember Shakhtar losing a game at home so they certainly played a way that could be successful in Europe, so why not?"

However, the Fulham manager admitted that the club would have to add players if are to be competitive in Europe, but Jol refused to name any of his targets, with the likes of David Bentley linked in recent weeks, and said he will not burden his squad with too many signings in case they block the path of youngsters coming through the ranks.

"We will do that privately," he said. "I have seen eight or nine names linked with us and that was not true. We need a couple of additions but I won't bring players here for the sake of it because we still have young players as well.

More than 12,000 tickets have already been sold for the Europa League tie and the Cottagers boss is confident of success despite missing Clint Dempsey, Moussa Dembele and Carlos Salcido.

"I can't imagine going out in the first round but it is football so you never know," he added.

"You could say that it is 90 per cent sure that we go through but you still have to do the business and our players know that."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2915/europa-league/2011/06/29/2553459/martin-jol-sees-no-reason-why-fulham-cannot-repeat-their?

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham v NSI Runavik (Thurs)

It may not even be July yet, but Fulham's 2011/12 season gets underway on Thursday when they host NSI Runavik at Craven Cottage.

The part-timers from the Faroe Islands visit London for the first leg of their Europa League qualification first-round tie, with the Cottagers – in Europe through the fair play system - having good memories of starting seasons early with European action. They went all the way to the final when they did so two seasons ago.

The game also gives observers an early look at how new Cottagers boss Martin Jol has bedded in after returning to England, though the former Tottenham manager will not have his side at full-strength for the meeting with the minnows of one of Europe's footballing backwaters.

The Dutchman is without team talisman Clint Dempsey and full back Carlos Salcido after their recent respective participations for USA and Mexico at the Concacaf Gold Cup.

Moussa Dembele is also missing, so youngsters such as Kerim Frei and former Liverpool man Lauri Dalla Valle may get an early chance to show their new boss their potential, with the Premier League side at extremely short odds to progress beyond a side from a town of less than 4,000 people.

More senior men such as Brede Hangeland, Simon Davies and Bobby Zamora may well feature, however.

The part-timers are captain by striker Christian Hogni Jacobsen, who is very prolific in his own league but will be facing a big step up against Jol's new men.

On getting competitive action underway so early, Jol is not bothered, having said: "I would imagine that there are quite a few teams that would like to be in Europe.

"You want to be in Europe. That is the goal. Maybe that wasn't the goal for Fulham but because they are playing the way they did, they did well in the fair play cup.

"Two years ago they did unbelievably well, gave the club a good profile in Europe and the money was coming in as well.

"You need a bit of luck but I remember Fulham playing against Shakhtar Donetsk and beating them. I can't remember Shakhtar losing a game at home so they certainly played a way that could be successful in Europe, so why not?"

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/06/29/Fulham-preview/gnid-98607/?

WhiteJC

Analysis: Clinical finishing and defensive tenacity have been the secrets of Fulham's success

At the start of their season, way back in July, few would have expected that Fulham would be England's most successful team in Europe in 2009/10. However, under the auspices of Roy Hodgson the Cottagers have completed a gruelling 18-match marathon to reach Wednesday's Europa League final.

Though some of their matches have been the most exciting in England this season, coming from behind to beat both Juventus and Hamburg in the last two rounds, Fulham have actually been one of the least attacking sides in the Europa League this season:

Europa League 2009/10: Fewest Shots Per Game

Rank   Team   Games      Played   Total Shots   Shots Per Game
1   Unirea Urziceni   2           12           6.00
2   Levski Sofia   6           42           7.00
3   Fulham          14          108           7.71
4   Everton           8           62           7.75
5   FC Twente           8           62           7.75
6   Toulouse           6           47           7.83

Only two sides, Unirea and Levski Sofia, have averaged fewer shots per game in the Europa League this season. However, what the Cottagers have lacked in quantity, they have more than made up for in quality of efforts, managing the third-highest shot conversion rate in 2009/10:

Europa League 2009/10: Highest Goals To Shots Ratio

Rank   Team   Games      Played   Goals To Shots Ratio
1   Marseille            4           24.24%
2   RSC Anderlecht   10           21.35%
3   Galatasaray   8           20.59%
4   Liverpool           8           19.44%
5   Fulham           14           19.44%
6   Hapoel Tel Aviv   8           19.40%

Fulham have had the fifth-highest goals-to-shots ratio in the Europa League this season, 19.44%, well above the competition average of 12.98%, and are almost twice as effective in front of goal as Wednesday's opponents Atletico, who have a ratio of 10.23%.

If Roy Hodgson's men have not been the most attacking team in Europe this season, they have more than made it up with their defensive displays. The Cottagers have made over 100 more clearances (442) than any other Europa League side this season, have blocked the most shots (53), have made the most interceptions (285) and have made the second-most tackles (295).

Though they have admittedly played more games than most teams in the competition, this does perhaps show that Roy Hodgson has taught his players how to break up opposition attacks effectively, especially given that they have found themselves on occasions under more pressure than some other sides.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/news/uefacup/manualstories/clinicalfinishinganddefensivetenacityhavebeenfulhamsroutetothefinal2745/default.html?

WhiteJC

Jol plays down move for Ajax striker

MARTIN Jol has ruled out a move for Ajax striker Mounir El Hamdaoui.

The Fulham boss has been heavily linked with a swoop for the Moroccan, who played under him at Spurs and in Holland, and has been told he can leave the Dutch giants.

But Jol insists he's happy with the strikers he already has at Craven Cottage.

He said: "I've got, for example, Bobby Zamora, who, if he played for another team, you would be interested in him as a No.9. I've got Andy Johnson, I've got [Clint] Dempsey playing on the left, but he can play in the spine as well.

"I've got [Moussa] Dembele, so I've got four players there in these two positions. And there isn't any club coming in for our players, so I'm very happy with them.

"Mounir is a very good player, one of the best finishers I've seen, but as the situation is now, I've got four strikers."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/06/29/jol-plays-down-move-for-ajax-striker-64767-28966092/?#ixzz1Qjuqr4Vl

WhiteJC

Fulham keeper David Stockdale set for loan switch

FULHAM boss Martin Jol has opened talks with David Stockdale about sending the young keeper out on loan.

With Mark Schwarzer confirmed as the club's number one for the forthcoming campaign, England international Stockdale's chances of first-team football at Craven Cottage look slim.

So Jol looks set to make Stockdale available for a loan and bring in a number two as his replacement.

He said: "Mark Schwarzer is a great goalkeeper, one of the best I've seen,the number one.

"The only situation with [David] Stockdale is that he's a very young goalkeeper and he did ever so well when he came in last year.

"So, the only discussion we've got with the player is should he play, should he go on loan somewhere, or do you want to keep him as a number two.

"If you make a decision to put him on loan then you need another goalkeeper, a number two.

"I won't sell him, we'll never sell him, because I think his future is bright.

"But the only thing is, if you make the decision to play him every week, we need a club which will promise me he will play every week."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/06/29/fulham-keeper-david-stockdale-set-for-loan-switch-82029-28965962/?#ixzz1Qjv6OwQK

WhiteJC

Fulham boss not interested in Spurs flop Bentley

MARTIN Jol has rubbished rumours linking Fulham with a move for David Bentley.

The Spurs misfit has been touted with a switch to Craven Cottage this summer, while Atletico Madrid are also reported to be keen on the 26-year-old.

But Jol insists the wideboy isn't on his radar.

He said: "There have been various players been linked with us that's not true, and him [Bentley] as well."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/06/29/fulham-boss-not-interested-in-spurs-flop-bentley-82029-28965900/?#ixzz1QjvLBIxv

WhiteJC

Hans Segers handed Fulham role

MARTIN Jol has appointed Hans Segers as Fulham's new goalkeeping coach.

The Dutchman has turned to the former Wimbledon keeper – who was part of his backroom staff during his time in charge of Spurs – as a replacement for Kevin Hitchcock.

Boss Jol said: "He comes from PSV Eindhoven, I worked with him in my time at Spurs so I know him very well."

Meanwhile, Ray Lewington has been promoted to one of Jol's assistants.

The 54-year-old had been working with the club's youth system but has been handed a more senior role by the new boss in SW6.

"We started off with Ray Lewington because he's probably a main figure here, at this club, he knows everything," added Jol.

"He was here when Roy [Hodgson] was here and working here for the academy when Mark [Hughes] was here, so I think he's a key figure here."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/06/29/hans-segers-handed-fulham-role-82029-28965851/?#ixzz1QjveZuBf

WhiteJC

Not taking this lying down

In    1903    1904    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1904    1905    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1905    1906    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1906    1907    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1907    1908    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1908    1909    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1909    1910    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1910    1911    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1911    1912    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1912    1913    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1913    1914    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1914    1915    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1919    1920    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1920    1921    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1921    1922    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1922    1923    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1923    1924    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1924    1925    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1925    1926    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1926    1927    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1927    1928    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1928    1929    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1929    1930    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1930    1931    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1931    1932    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1932    1933    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1933    1934    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1934    1935    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1935    1936    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1936    1937    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1937    1938    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1938    1939    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1946    1947    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1947    1948    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1948    1949    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1949    1950    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1950    1951    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1951    1952    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1952    1953    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1953    1954    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1954    1955    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1955    1956    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1956    1957    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1957    1958    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1958    1959    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1959    1960    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1960    1961    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1961    1962    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1962    1963    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1963    1964    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1964    1965    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1965    1966    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1966    1967    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1967    1968    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1968    1969    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1969    1970    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1970    1971    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1971    1972    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1972    1973    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1973    1974    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1974    1975    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1975    1976    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1976    1977    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1977    1978    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1978    1979    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1979    1980    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1980    1981    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1981    1982    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1982    1983    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1983    1984    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1984    1985    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1985    1986    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1986    1987    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1987    1988    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1988    1989    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1989    1990    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1990    1991    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1991    1992    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1992    1993    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1993    1994    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1994    1995    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1995    1996    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1996    1997    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1997    1998    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1998    1999    White shirts    Black shorts
In    1999    2000    White shirts    Black shorts
In    2000    2001    White shirts    Black shorts
In    2001    2002    White shirts    Black shorts
In    2002    2003    White shirts    Black shorts
In    2003    2004    White shirts    Black shorts
In    2004    2005    White shirts    Black shorts
In    2005    2006    White shirts    Black shorts
In    2006    2007    White shirts    Black shorts
In    2007    2008    White shirts    Black shorts
In    2008    2009    White shirts    Black shorts
In    2009    2010    White shirts    Black shorts
In    2010    2011    White shirts    Black shorts
In    2011    2012    White shirts    White shorts

Ridiculous.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/06/29/not-taking-this-lying-down/?

WhiteJC

Jol says Stockdale is not for sale as Segers joins Fulham as goalkeeping coach

Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale, 25, will be offered the chance to go out on loan despite his recent international call-ups for England.

He is behind Mark Schwarzer in the club pecking order and is likely to be on the bench tonight as Fulham play the home leg of their Europa League qualifier against NSI Runavik from the Faroe Islands.

Manager Martin Jol said: 'We'll never sell him because I think his future is bright, but we need a club which will promise me he will play every week.'

Meanwhile, Jol has linked up with Hans Segers again after appointing him the club's goalkeeping coach.

The recently-appointed Dutchman has brought in fellow countryman Segers to fill the role vacated by Kevin Hitchcock.

Segers worked with Jol at Tottenham, while Ray Lewington has been promoted from a youth coaching role to one of Jol's assistant.

'[Hans] comes from PSV Eindhoven, I worked with him in my time at Spurs so I know him very well,' he said.

'We started off with Ray Lewington because he's probably a main figure here, at this club, he knows everything.

'He was here when Roy [Hodgson] was here and working here for the academy when Mark [Hughes] was here, so I think he's a key figure here.'

Jol had already previously drafted in brother Cornelis Jol and Michael Lindeman to the management set-up at Craven Cottage.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2009622/Fulham-boss-Martin-Jol-says-David-Stockdale-sale-look-loan-deal.html#ixzz1QjwGKCGH

WhiteJC

Lewington's demotion should have told us what was coming

When a man considers himself too reputable, too deluxe and, ultimately, too valuable for the institution for whom he works, he should leave instantaneously. Little did we know, as inattentive, unenlightened fans, that Mark Hughes thought of himself as highly as the descriptives offered above from the second he walked into the Craven Cottage doors.

That the Welshman demanded a bigger office and an elaborate new desk upon which to place his pencil sharpeners are all irrelevancies compared to his shameful demotion of a stalwart in recent Fulham history; Ray Lewington. After settling in and employing his steadfast sidekicks, Mark Hughes set about systematically lowering the status of a man so genuine and so knowledgeable of all things Fulham, that were it not for the new desk, he could be considered part of the proverbial furniture.

It took a good man to reinstate Ray Lewington, and the good man of course came in the form of Martin Jol, who has today confirmed Lewington as one of his new assistants for the coming season. The Dutchman hailed Lewington as a "main figure at the club" who "knows everything." Spot on.

The return of some solid foundations and some traditional decency to the dugout of Fulham, in the shape of both Lewington and Jol, doesn't detract from the discrepancies and the shameful acts of our previous manager, however. Results may have flowed and even away victories may have been savoured, but Mark Hughes' reign was one that should never have been, and in terms of his compassion and genuine affiliation for the club, we should hastily forget his dictatorship as 'another top ten finish.' In the grand scheme of things, that's all it was.

New desk and improved office aside, Mark Hughes always felt he was a better man than what he had become at Fulham. His genuinely brutal Manchester City departure scarred him deeply and it's made way for a personality trait that has seemingly increased his ego no-end. In a bid to prove the City owners wrong, Hughes will never settle for second best, and at the sheer mention of a 'bigger club', he walked out and never looked back. Did it not hit him, though, that he was the fall back option to Fulham, rather than vice-versa?

Clearly not, as his actions prove. The year was all he needed to re-invent himself as the self-confessed master of the Premier League and once that ambition was complete, the next step must be forthcoming. As of yet, though, his next step hasn't materialised, much to the enjoyment of all those who oversaw his rather hypocritical walk-out.

On the rather blissful contrary, however, Fulham have now employed someone they were authentically chasing. SW6 now, gratefully, hosts a manager who is not only first choice, but is graceful and harmonious. There will be no extensions to Jol's office and there'll be no needless sackings. Instead, the former Ajax boss will combine a dampened ruthlessness with the necessary man-management skills that, reportedly, Hughes never had. Communications under the Welshman were made almost as if in MI5, with middle-men doing most of the work. Mr Hughes was far from hands-on.

And, while our former boss continues to spit diatribe at his former employers in Manchester, many have overlooked that such a fate was bestowed upon Jol at Tottenham Hotspur, perhaps even more savagely. Does Jol deem it necessary to avenge his mistreatment, or even heavily criticise those that did him wrong? Of course he doesn't. He's a gentleman. Just as any Fulham manager should be.

That's why Martin Jol, without even overseeing a match as of yet, is a better manager of Fulham FC than Mark Hughes has ever been.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2011/6/29/2251139/lewingtons-demotion-should-have-told-us-what-was-coming?

WhiteJC

MARTIN JOL'S EURO DRIVE STALLS
MARTIN JOL had a nightmare when his car got towed away while trying to get Fulham's Europa League show on the road.

Martin Jol only started at Craven Cottage last week and feared losing passports and cash near his hotel in Wimbledon.

"All the stuff was in it," Jol said. "Everything, passports. And in Holland they would probably put it in a private parking station with security. There were five cars towed. They tow them away when they play tennis at Wimbledon."

Jol blamed Hans Segers for the whole incident after telling him where to park. Former Wimbledon keeper Segers has been appointed as goalkeeping coach and Ray Lewington will be Jol's assistant.

They have been getting players ready for tonight's qualifier against NSI Runavik from the Faroe Islands.

Jol has a full squad available apart from Moussa Dembele, who is struggling with an ankle injury. He confirmed Mark Schwarzer will be his No. 1 keeper this term.

FULHAM (4-4-2): Schwarzer; Baird, Hangeland, Hughes, Briggs; Davies, Murphy, Sidwell, Duff; Frei, Dalla Valle.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/198563/Martin-Jol-s-Euro-drive-stalls/?

WhiteJC

MARTIN JOL'S FIRST FULHAM GAME

FULHAM boss Martin Jol takes charge for the first time tonight at home against Faroe Islands minnows NSI Runavik in the Europa League first-round qualifier.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/255887/Martin-Jol-s-first-Fulham-game?

WhiteJC

Fulham selling Michael Jackson products to go with their odd statue

When Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed put a tacky statue of Michael Jackson outside of Craven Cottage and told anyone who didn't like it that they can "go to hell," the consensus seemed to be that it's his club and his money so he can do what he wants. Though it was certainly strange, at the time, Al Fayed's intentions behind the tribute to his friend seemed positive and (relatively) selfless. Now? Not so much.

And with that said, I present the "Michael at the Cottage tribute collection" now available in the official Fulham clubshop. Let's take a closer look at some of the ways Al Fayed is profiting from his old pal's death...

First things first, here is the most expensive item in the collection. A Michael Jackson tribute umbrella. Actually, it appears to be an umbrella in tribute to the statute in tribute to Michael Jackson, but don't spend too much time thinking about that. Michael liked umbrellas. He used them a lot. He would want you to have this one. It can be yours for £29.99.

How about a book written by another friend of Michael's who is also now trying to profit form his death? And it even comes with the added bonus of "dark side" conspiracy theories. Ooo! It can be yours for £17.99. And if your dead popstar merchandise budget is a little tight, there is also a paperback version available for £14.99. So you have no excuse to not buy this.

Sure, no one really needs a lanyard and the only thing Michael Jacksony about this is that it has his name written on it a few times, but come on. It can be yours for £2.99. You should probably buy 10 of them.

This is just breathtaking. It's an ugly shirt that features a man wearing an ugly shirt on it. There are multiple dimensions to the ugliness. I'm pretty sure this is how the space-time continuum gets ripped. It can be yours for £16.99.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Fulham-selling-Michael-Jackson-products-to-go-wi?urn=sow-wp2895