watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So the dilemna is

Started by ScalleysDad, July 01, 2011, 11:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

So the dilemna is advance train fare tickets for the weekend of Sept 17th/18th are now on sale. Assuming the Citeh game will be moved due to our continued involvement in the Europa where will the spinning bottle point. Man U and Chelski has to be the sunday tele fare surely and Spuds against the Pool for monday night therefore safe to take the plunge on £13 each way for sunday afternoon ? But wait. Both the above for a super dooper sunday and we play monday night ? But wait. Wolves QPR. Might be goals and both rock bottom. What to do what to do. Anyone know when the paymasters make their first announcements ?

CorkCity

Its always a dilemma until Sky & Fergurson announce the real fixtures. I would wait until they do, I have been caught out on more than one occasion trying to guess who will be on telly.
Also the dilemna of spelling dilemma, thats a tricky one, what is the correct grammar in this case, I don't know !
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

ScalleysDad

I would refer to the time of the post as a case for the defence m'lud. Of course you are right . . . . capital D

and two mmmmmmmmmmmm's

FC Silver Fox

Hmmm Man City game likely to be moved, you say? I'd better wait before booking my flights to come back for this game.  Have you got your flights booked already, Hatter Don?
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

HatterDon

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on July 02, 2011, 01:50:45 PM
Hmmm Man City game likely to be moved, you say? I'd better wait before booking my flights to come back for this game.  Have you got your flights booked already, Hatter Don?

Yes, I have. but I've scheduled the flights so that I'll be able to watch the match at any time from Saturday lunchtime kickoff to Monday evening kickoff.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ScalleysDad

My assumption is based purely on playing Thursday. I have no inside information I'm afraid. For all sorts of reasons all post europa games on a sunday would be handy.

HatterDon

Quote from: ScalleysDad on July 02, 2011, 09:52:49 PM

My assumption is based purely on playing Thursday. I have no inside information I'm afraid. For all sorts of reasons all post europa games on a sunday would be handy.

That's what they did in 09-10 season. It was highly entertaining to me to read how thrilled everyone was that we were progressing in the Europa League and then see the same posters bitch about the shortage of 1500 Saturday kickoffs.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ScalleysDad

Quote from: HatterDon on July 02, 2011, 10:55:55 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on July 02, 2011, 09:52:49 PM

That's what they did in 09-10 season. It was highly entertaining to me to read how thrilled everyone was that we were progressing in the Europa League and then see the same posters bitch about the shortage of 1500 Saturday kickoffs.

True enough. Saturday at 15.00 will be a rarity this season but I have gone for Villa and Blackburn being safe though and have booked the train. A new factor for this season is of course QPR. The local plod might allow them and Chelski at home on the same day but probably not any other combination although we did play at home at the same time last year . . . or possibly the one before. I remember getting back to Paddington too late as the Cardiff boys were being herded homeward bound.
I'll make the Thursdays as that is consistent and yes I will still winge a bit if the following Prem game is kept as either Sunday or Monday for too long. I want it all and I want it now. . . . .

clintclintdeuce

same dilemma for me... trying to be over for QPR but if were in the groups the game will be moved. Saw r/t from jax for like 580 USD... wanted to pounce but who knows now.
The Dude abides.