News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My thoughts after being at AFC Wimbledon.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, July 09, 2011, 07:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Danny Murphy's passing is yes very very accurate but now it seems he offers us little going forward and defending. His leadership - in my opinion - is the only thing keeping him in the starting XI.

Rafik Halliche is hopeless, he won many of his aerial battles but on the floor was astonishingly bad. He made a number of mistakes and does not look promising.

Kerim Frei - what a talent we have on our hands - he's such a great little player and will be brilliant, would like to see him included in the First Team this season.

Bjorn-Helge actually look pretty good, decent pace, beautiful cross, could actually turn into a good signing.

Mentions also go to Trotta who showed great strength at times but just needs to find the right decision, whether it be a pass or a shot.

Mr Fulham

ScalleysDad

Players in, players out, some frank comments about our attacking prowess and a strong stance on the backroom over staffing but . . . . ultimately I think Jols biggest decision will be Murphy related. Okay he has the armband but will he get a regular 90 minutes or become the hour man, sometimes or in due course will he even get that.

Overall was the experiment successful or was it a poor performance with players, again, not standing up and making a difference. As far as I can work out none of the fringe players, like Halliche again, have set the world on fire, and although you say Riise did ok its lucky for us the likes of Frei are going to bypass the 'not ready yet' policy Hodgson clung onto. Jol seems set on seeing as many players as possible and hopefully the Stevenage game will include more youngsters for longer periods. Rubbish result but happy as long we can hold the 'work in progress' banner up. 

HatterDon

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on July 09, 2011, 07:48:44 PM
Danny Murphy's passing is yes very very accurate but now it seems he offers us little going forward and defending. His leadership - in my opinion - is the only thing keeping him in the starting XI.

Rafik Halliche is hopeless, he won many of his aerial battles but on the floor was astonishingly bad. He made a number of mistakes and does not look promising.

Kerim Frei - what a talent we have on our hands - he's such a great little player and will be brilliant, would like to see him included in the First Team this season.

Bjorn-Helge actually look pretty good, decent pace, beautiful cross, could actually turn into a good signing.

Mentions also go to Trotta who showed great strength at times but just needs to find the right decision, whether it be a pass or a shot.

It's been two seasons since we signed this full international. How long should we wait?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Good to hear a first-hand account, thank you Mr FPT sir.

I am not quite sure how much we should read in to a pre-season friendly against opposition just newly promoted from the non-league.

Probably not too much.

WhitesBhoy

Quote from: HatterDon on July 09, 2011, 09:58:25 PM

It's been two seasons since we signed this full international. How long should we wait?

Until after at least one season of his brother putting the pressure on him.

Jack Fulham

What type of player is Kerim Frei?

I imagine the lesser Riise will have a role to play this season albeit the europa league.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on July 09, 2011, 09:58:25 PM

I really think the arrival of his brother might help this lad. We shouldn't be too hard with him. He had 4 assists in our last european season, that was second to none in our squad. And new signings need some time to settle in the league. He didn't have much time for that - 445 minutes in 15 games are hardly enough time to impress these days.

HatterDon

There's a good reason he didn't get more than those league minutes. Two consecutive managers thought he wasn't good enough for the Premier League. And, unlike KG and Kamara, the Championship club he was loaned out to evidently didn't think he was good enough at that level either.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jack Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on July 10, 2011, 12:14:42 AM
There's a good reason he didn't get more than those league minutes. Two consecutive managers thought he wasn't good enough for the Premier League. And, unlike KG and Kamara, the Championship club he was loaned out to evidently didn't think he was good enough at that level either.

Sheffield United got relegated to be fair. Wouldn't of been able to afford him now. Glad we have Hangeland, Hughes and Senderos, won't be seeing much of Halliche.

Lighthouse

So WHAT has Jol learned? He has said alot of conflicting things but I realise that is his way. So other than a forward or two. What must we have to improve out team?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I'd say a replacement/understudy for Danny Murphy is key. I think we're fine for all other positions, I'd only change the other positions if a better player became availible, for example, Jermaine Defoe.
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 10, 2011, 12:28:00 AM
So WHAT has Jol learned? He has said alot of conflicting things but I realise that is his way. So other than a forward or two. What must we have to improve out team?

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Kerim Frei is very small, 5ft 8ish I'd say. His dribbling skills are so impressive for such a young player and at one point yesterday he dribbled past about 3-4 players before trying to place a shot in the far corner but unluckily hit the post.

If I were to compare him to another player, I'd say very similar to Xherdan Shaqiri for Switzerland and FC Basle.

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 09, 2011, 11:06:44 PM

I imagine the lesser Riise will have a role to play this season albeit the europa league.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Kerim Frei Up Close
A strength of mine is my ability to dribble the ball. I have good vision also.

Although my weakness is definitely my heading. I'm not so good at that.

People say that I play most like Andrés Iniesta of Barcelona. He's actually one of my favourite players, alongside Ronaldinho.

The biggest influence on my career has been my father, Murat. He's helped me a lot over the years and made me the player that I am today.

My favourite Fulham player is Damien Duff. He is very quick, excellent on the ball and scores some important goals. I like the way he plays.

Growing up my idol was Ronaldinho. When he was at Barcelona he was unstoppable. He's still a very good player, but a few years back there was no one better.

Five years from now I'll be playing in the Fulham First Team and an established member of the squad.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/April/ThroughtheRanksFrei.aspx#ixzz1RhJ1YkM9

Jack Fulham

Cheers, looking forward to seeing Frei in the future, sounds very promising.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on July 10, 2011, 11:34:18 AM
Kerim Frei is very small, 5ft 8ish I'd say. His dribbling skills are so impressive for such a young player and at one point yesterday he dribbled past about 3-4 players before trying to place a shot in the far corner but unluckily hit the post.

If I were to compare him to another player, I'd say very similar to Xherdan Shaqiri for Switzerland and FC Basle.

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 09, 2011, 11:06:44 PM

I too was very impressed with him. He showed glimpses of a young STEEEED, but I though he was quite one-footed. I have to say that I was also impressed with Hoesen and Marsh-Brown. There's definitely a decent future for these two young players.

After all the hype about Lauri Dalle-Valle, I thought he looked constantly lost. He just didn't know what to do or where to go. He's definitely an impressive footballer, but he needs to learn how to read the game better.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc