https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (25/01/10)

Started by WhiteJC, January 25, 2010, 07:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/preview/0,16374,1775_5884122,00.html
Zamora set for Cottagers return
Fulham striker Bobby Zamora could make his return from injury in Tuesday night's Premier League clash with Tottenham at White Hart Lane.
Zamora has been out since breaking his collarbone against Stoke earlier this month but his recovery has gone well and he could feature against his former club

Diomansy Kamara and Simon Davies are also in line for comebacks having both been named among the substitutes for the Cottagers' FA Cup fourth-round tie at Accrington Stanley on Saturday.

Andy Johnson was ruled out of that match with a knee problem and faces a late fitness test, while Dickson Etuhu is still on African Nations Cup duty with Nigeria.

Clint Dempsey (knee), Paul Konchesky (ankle) and John Pantsil (knee) are all still sidelined.

Cottagers (from): Schwarzer, Kallio, Hangeland, Baird, Hughes, Kelly, Duff, Murphy, Gera, Nevland, Johnson, Zuberbuhler, Greening, Riise, Dikgacoi, Smalling, Davies, Elm, Kamara, Zamora.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=185851
Fulham - Rivals for Beattie Signature?
With the tabloids suggesting that James Beattie could be coming to Craven Cottage on loan with a view to a permanent transfer in the summer, this morning they are singing from a different hymn sheet.

Now, it appears, that West Ham United are preparing to make a £3 million bid for his services as they seek to consolidate their Premier League status.

I get the opinion that Stoke City might well prefer a permanent deal to be done now rather than a loaner whereby a deal might not actually materialise come the summer.

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/stoke-striker-beattie-favours-fulham-move-598031
Stoke striker Beattie favours Fulham move
26.01.10 | tribalfootball.com
Stoke City striker James Beattie favours a move to Fulham.

The News of the World says Cottagers boss Roy Hodgson will consider various options before deciding whether to follow up his interest in the Stoke striker.

Beattie has fallen out of favour at City since a bust-up with manager Tony Pulis.

Hodgson has drawn up a list of targets after the knee injury to Clint Dempsey.

But he will go for Beattie if the terms suit - preferably a loan move becoming permanent in the summer.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=185849
Fulham - 1975 All Over Again!
After overcoming the banana skin that was Accrington Stanley on Saturday, Fulham can now reflect on life in the last sixteen.

Also, after hearing the draw made and getting a home draw against either Wigan or Notts County, it`s fair to say that the expectation levels are growing; this really could be our year!

Roy Hodgson, speaking about the cup, had this to say to the media,

'We had a really good run last year and it would be great if we could go even further this time around."

'It may sound obvious but to have a good cup run you have to keep winning your matches and we are well equipped to do that, especially with a home draw next time round."

'The Accrington game was a real banana skin for us, and now we can look forward with confidence."

'That experience will do the players the world of good."

If we don`t make the last eight this time around, we should kick ourselves!

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1245892/ALL-THE-MIDWEEK-BARCLAYS-PREMIER-LEAGUE-TEAM-NEWS.html?ITO=1490
ALL THE MIDWEEK BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM NEWS
Tottenham v FULHAM
Bobby Zamora could make his return from injury in Fulham's Barclays Premier League trip to Tottenham.   

Zamora has been out since breaking his collarbone against Stoke earlier this month but his recovery has gone well and the striker could feature against his former club at White Hart Lane.   

Diomansy Kamara and Simon Davies are also in line for comebacks having both been named among the substitutes for the Cottagers' FA Cup fourth-round tie at Accrington Stanley on Saturday.   

Andy Johnson was ruled out of that match with a knee problem and faces a late fitness test, while Dickson Etuhu is still on Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria.   

Clint Dempsey (knee), Paul Konchesky (ankle) and John Pantsil (knee) are all still sidelined.   

Provisional squad: Schwarzer, Kallio, Hangeland, Baird, Hughes, Kelly, Duff, Murphy, Gera, Nevland, Johnson, Zuberbuhler, Greening, Riise, Dikgacoi, Smalling, Davies, Elm, Kamara, Zamora. 

White Noise

FA Youth Cup

Monday 25th January 2010

Fulham FC News Powered by 

The Club can confirm that Fulham's 5th Round FA Youth Cup fixture against Ipswich Town will be played on Tuesday 2nd February at Portman Road Stadium.

The game will kick-off at 7pm.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/January/FAYouthCupConfirmation.aspx#ixzz0ddVtrMIS

White Noise

Fulham v Portsmouth

Barclays Premier League :-

Wednesday 3rd February
Kick-Off 20:00

Tickets are now on General Sale  (max 6 tickets)

Buy tickets now|

Family Pack Offer
Family Packs are available for this game offering fantastic value for money! Buy two adult tickets for the match and receive two Junior tickets absolutely FREE! These tickets can be bought over the phone. Call 0870 442 1234 (select option 3) to book your Family Pack now quoting 'Family Pack'. This offer is only available to advance purchasers and not on the day of the game. All tickets are subject to availability in the Putney End Block P1 only.

Group Discounts
Receive two free tickets when you purchase six or more match tickets. These tickets can be bought over the phone. Call 0870 442 1234 (select option 3) to book your Group tickets now. Group Discounts can also be booked online using the group booking form. This offer is only available to advance purchasers and not on the day of the game. All tickets are subject to availability in the Putney End Block P1 only.

How to Buy tickets
buy tickets online  - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day. Save on booking fees by booking online*
by phone on 0870 442 1234 (option 1) - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day
in person from the Ticket Office: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; non-match day Sat 10am-12pm
by fax 0207 384 4810 (download printable form )
by postal application to FFC Ticket Office, Stevenage Road, Fulham, SW6 6HH enclosing a stamped addressed envelope (download printable form )
Seatwave - the official fan-to-fan ticket exchange
Thomas Cook - match breaks for all Fulham FC home games
* Lower booking fees compared to telephone booking

Prices
Category B prices apply to this match.

Stand (Grade B)   Block   Adult   Conc   Junior  
Riverside   S, Z   £40   £25   £10  
J Haynes   D, DL, G, GL   £42   £28   £15  
Hammersmith / Putney   All Blocks   £35   £25   £15  
J Haynes   B, BL, C, CL J, JL, H, HL    £40   £25   £10  
J Haynes   A, K, AL, KL   £30   £20   £10  

Return to Top  Discuss Email to Friend Print

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Games/FulhamvPortsmouth.aspx#ixzz0ddWDhbgs

os5889

http://blog.sport.co.uk/Football/547/Top_Ten_Most_Improved_Players_of_the_Season.aspx

Top Ten: Most Improved Players of the Season

Jonny Abrams
Posted on: 25 January 2010 - 15:30
Football
Comments: Be the first to comment

Sport.co.uk looks at ten Premier League players who have taken their game to another level this season...

1. Bobby Zamora (Fulham) – "When the ball hits your head while you sit in Row Z, that's Zamora!" That's right, it seems like only yesterday that the Cottagers target man was a bit of a nationwide joke; an attacking Titus Bramble, if you will. His manager Roy Hodgson kept faith with a player he saw as an important leader of the line and has reaped the rewards, with Zamora plundering 11 goals before his recent injury. This season's Carlton Cole?

2. Matthew Etherington (Stoke City) – The former Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United winger has sporadically threatened to look like a decent Premier League player over the years and was just about ready to be written off as an also-ran until he discovered a new lease of life under Tony Pulis at the Britannia Stadium. Etherington has been in fine form this season, his old-school winger's talents complementing the Potters' abundance of brute force perfectly, as evidenced by his superb cross for Dean Whitehead's goal against Arsenal on Sunday.

3. James Milner (Aston Villa) – Eyebrows were raised when Martin O'Neill decided that Milner was worth paying Newcastle United £12m for but, after a solid first season at Villa Park, he has become a whirlwind of a player with a Bugs Bunny-esque knack for playing almost any position going. He thrives mostly, though, in his new central midfield role and has added goals to his game, with eight already this season. A seat on the plane to South Africa this summer awaits.

4. Marouane Fellaini (Everton) – Even a couple of months ago, Evertonians were scratching their heads and wondering where on earth the massive-haired Belgian would fit into David Moyes system, if at all. He now seems to have adapted to the pace of the English game, and how. Dominant performances in recent games against Arsenal and Manchester City indicate a big future for a player who seems to have successfully converted weaknesses in his game – such as tackling and tracking back – into great strengths.

5. Joe Hart (Birmingham City) – While Blues fans will be delirious with their side's current 15-match unbeaten run, they must harbour an air of trepidation surrounding the eventual return of their on-loan goalkeeper to Manchester City. Defenders Roger Johnson and Scott Dann have been superb, but 22 year-old Hart has frequently stolen the show with a series of stunning, points-accumulating saves. If this run of form continues, Fabio Capello should think long and hard about making him England's number 1 for this summer's World Cup.

6. Alex Song (Arsenal) – While Arsenal as a whole still lack steel, they have at least found themselves a holding midfielder who could anchor their wonderful passing game for years to come. Song's positional sense, strength, tackling and reading of the game have improved immeasurably this season and, at just 22, Gunners fans will look to him, Cesc Fabregas and Aaron Ramsey as the midfield of the future.

7. Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham Hotspur) – From ambling around in front of Spurs' back four showing little beyond powerful shooting and a decent passing range, Huddlestone – inspired perhaps by the all-action Wilson Palacios next to him – has sprung into life this season, even popping up in the area for the occasional goal. Young enough to improve still further, Huddlestone is a much more appreciated figure at White Hart Lane these days.

8. Younes Kaboul (Portsmouth) – Despite possessing the handy knack of scoring important goals, the French centre-back was generally a defensive liability at Spurs last season. Perhaps they should have shown more patience as he has flourished at Fratton Park this season, providing a rare glimpse of light in what has been a truly dark season for Pompey. A very saleable asset...

9. Valon Behrami (West Ham United) – The 24 year-old Swiss midfielder has become such a key performer for Gianfranco Zola's Hammers this season that he was recently linked with a £15m move to Manchester City – a sad accolade, when you think about it. His non-stop running on the right of midfield has unfortunately been unable to prevent a mostly miserable season for West Ham but Behrami has undoubtedly begun to really look the part.

10. Antonio Valencia (Manchester United) – A popular figure at Wigan Athletic, Valencia merits inclusion by virtue of his vastly improved goals return, which never looked much like extending beyond a handful until his move to Old Trafford. He might not replace Cristiano Ronaldo, but he could replace Wayne Rooney in the aiding and abetting role as the England striker replaces the Portuguese as United's main man. If that makes any sense.

lakey

Quote from: WhiteJC on January 25, 2010, 07:52:25 AM
http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=185757
Fulham - Our Year?
The chances are, I was thinking the same thing at the same point last year. We would be just about to beat Kettering 4-2, and I would be wondering; Could this be the year we win the FA Cup?

Of course, in 2008/09, it was not to be, following a dramatic defeat to Manchester United. However, this year there is a certain buzz around Fulham when it comes the this glorious knock out competition.

Even the football pundits appear to be supporting us as an outside bet to be holding the trophy aloft come May.

I can't quite put my finger on why the feeling is so positive though. Perhaps it is the lack of 'big teams' left in the competition, or just simply the fact we have proven worthy opponents so far.

Hopefully though, the feeling is a correct one, and we will be chanting chants of a Wembley forthcoming.

Your thoughts please?

lakey

How many of us are there who remember the final in 1975, and like myself have longed for the day when we could return, perhaps every year I still hope and wish my dream could be fullfilled, I have had a little wager at 33-1 that this will be our turn. I still have my programme and match ticket nicely framed it looks a trifle loneley and maybe it will have a companion this year. My question is how many of us were there and still hope like I do ?

Cheers Lakey

finnster01

Mr Lakey,

Was there mate as a little totally awestruck little lad. My father took me. One of be best memories I have of him, he passed later that year. Beautiful day, just wish the scores was different. Also have the programme framed and on the wall.

Anyway, I hope to be able to do a repeat and bring my daughter to Wembley and watch Fulham again. I hope every year, but I stopped putting any money on it years ago.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead