watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reserves back playing in League

Started by Lighthouse, July 12, 2011, 12:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

The Club can confirm that Fulham Football Club's Development Squad will compete in the Barclays Premier Reserve League South next season.

Billy McKinlay's team will kick-off the new season against Wigan Athletic at Motspur Park (KO 7pm) before taking on the likes of Manchester United, Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea over the course of the 2011/12 season.

Next season supporters will be welcome to attend home fixtures that are scheduled to kick-off at 7pm at Motspur Park. Due to Club commitments at the Training Ground, afternoon home matches will be played behind closed doors.* 

Ticket prices for Development Squad matches at Motspur Park will be published on fulhamfc.com in due course.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/July/ReserveTeamFIxtures.aspx#ixzz1Rt9Osf9X
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

elgreenio

just how north do you have to be to be in the north league?
touch my camera through the fence

The Equalizer

Quote from: elgreenio on July 12, 2011, 12:21:06 PM
just how north do you have to be to be in the north league?

Another above Watford is North.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

elgreenio

forget what I said, totally forgot its weird format that sees you play the Northern teams but not be in their group
touch my camera through the fence

Ronnief

I,m pleased we can now see some of our developement players in a league again and be able to assess their capabilities.  I t may stop some of the presumed abilities of some players being promoted by those who have never seen some of our second string players.
It will also give these players some real match fitness prior to playing in the first team.

jarv

Confused :023:
What league did the reserves play in last season?
Motspur park, is there an enclosed ground or is it just roped around? (I've never been there).

sunburywhite

It has a perimiter board and rail. Pitch is better than a lot of cricket grounds.

Playing competitive matches will be a lot better than all the fluffing around they did last year
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Jack Fulham

Quote from: jarv on July 12, 2011, 01:27:48 PM
Motspur park, is there an enclosed ground or is it just roped around? (I've never been there).

We didn't compete in the reserve league last season as the club didn't want to.

HatterDon

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 12, 2011, 02:05:33 PM

We didn't compete in the reserve league last season as the club didn't want to.

We followed Spurs' example and cancelled our participation in a league. Therefore all the "reserve" matches we had were "friendlies" -- generally to spotlight a player or to give a player the opportunity to see if he's fit enough AND generally behind closed doors. I MUCH prefer a league. It'll make sure that our full squad is fit and ready to contribute. Well done front office and Marteeeeeeeeen.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham