News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham players and their agents - does this give us any clues about the future?

Started by richie17, July 21, 2011, 01:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richie17

There was an interesting comment on Twitter today from Tor-Kristian Karlsen, a football scout. Karlsen noted that while Premiership clubs do have an overview for the world's footballers, most are, I quote:

Tor-Kristian Karlsen
    karlsentk Tor-Kristian Karlsen
    many people (justifiably) puzzled that few premier league clubs were seriously in for arturo vidal (no idea if arsenal interest was genuine)

personally i think the reason is lack of contacts and connections. vidal's agent mainly works in other markets (spain, italy)

funnily enough (and this is crazy), it often takes an agent to alert or instigate a transfer move to the premier league

many premier league (and european) clubs don't "bother" moving for a player unless represented by someone (agent) within the club's network

it's not exclusively a pl problem, happens in europe as well. but if you study clubs' signings, you'll find clear patterns

it's not for the lack of overview or knowledge but willingness to close deals unless player is repped by "the right people"

This struck me as interesting, so I checked Fulham players' representatives.  Transfermarkt.de has this information, so it didn't take long:

Player    Agency group
Mark Schwarzer (Aus)    Global Sport Group
Pascal Zuberbuhler (Swi)    MWS Sport and Music Marketing
David Stockdale (Eng)    ?
Paul Konchesky (Eng)    Base Soccer
Chris Baird (N.Ire)    ?
Stephen Kelly (Ire)    SEM Group
John Pantsil (Gha)    Base Soccer
John Arne Riise (Nor)    Einar Baardsen
Carlos Salcido (Mex)    James Grant Sports Management
Philippe Senderos (Swi)    SK Management
Rafik Halliche (Alg)    Extra Time SL
Brede Hangeland (Nor)    Rune Hauge
Aaron Hughes (N.Ire)    Stellar Football
Matthew Briggs    Andy Evans
Simon Davies (Wal)    WMG Management (SFX Sports)
Dickson Etuhu (Nig)    Base Soccer
Steve Sidwell (Eng)    Base Soccer
Kagisho Dikgacoi (SAf)    Prosport International
Danny Murphy (Eng)    WMG Management (SFX Sports)
Zoltan Gera (Hun)    Vladan Filipovic
Bjorn Riise (Nor)    Einar Baardsen
Damien Duff (Ire)    Pat Devlin
Jonathan Greening (Eng)    Mel Stein
Marcel Gecov (Cze)    Nehoda Sport
Clint Dempsey (USA)    James Grant Sports Management
Andrew Johnson (Eng)    Base Soccer
Lauri Dalla Valle (Fin)    Octagon Athletes and Personalities
Moussa Dembele (Bel)    Patrick Vervoort
Bobby Zamora (Eng)    Base Soccer

A slight tendency for Base Soccer players perhaps, but nothing that appears out of the ordinary (unless six players is out of the ordinary – what do you think?).

If the club does have a good relationship with Base – and we must assume it does – what might this mean going forwards?  Clearly Martin Jol will have his own ideas, but let's work with the notion that Base footballers are in some way easier for the club to acquire.  Who are these players and would they be any use to Fulham?

In short, yes and no:

Here's the full list:

http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/base-soccer-agency-ltd/details/berater_674.html

Interesting names:

Aaron Lennon
Aaron Ramsey
Anthony Le Tallec
Ben Watson
David Nugent
Gary Cahill
Gary O'Neil
Harry Kewell
Jack Wilshere
Jay Bothroyd
Joe Ledley
Karl Henry
Lee Camp
Leighton Baines
Tom Huddlestone

Which explains a few things. We've been linked (heavily at times) to O'Neil (who I believe nearly joined us), Kewell, Ledley and Huddlestone.  In terms of future moves, the name that stands out is Ben Watson, who Colin's stats identify as a possible replacement for Danny Murphy in terms of what he does on a football pitch.  Anthony Le Tallec would be another name, a decentish forward who may conceivably be of use. Otherwise you'd have to assume that the other players are either too good/expensive/unavailable or not a good fit for Fulham.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/07/21/fulham-players-and-their-agents-does-this-offer-clues-for-future-signings/

CULTUREVULTURE

Interesting. It will be worth checking the list again after the transfer deadline has passed.

finnster01

The only thing out of the ordinary on that list is the fact that Hangeland's agent is Rune Hauge which makes me extremely nervous every time the window opens.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

richie17

Quote from: finnster01 on July 21, 2011, 02:13:18 PM
The only thing out of the ordinary on that list is the fact that Hangeland's agent is Rune Hauge which makes me extremely nervous every time the window opens.

lucky for us Hangeland seems about as level headed as it gets, and seems perfectly happy with a nice life at a good club.