more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (21/07/11)

Started by WhiteJC, July 21, 2011, 07:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Riise is Ful of Euro vision
John Arne Riise has dismissed the Europa League naysayers and believes Fulham can achieve something special in this year's competition.

The west Londoners gained a place in the competition through the Fair Play league, which resulted in their season starting on June 30 against NSI Runavik.

Having seen off the Faroese minnows with relative ease, Fulham face Northern Ireland part-timers Crusaders tonight with a 3-1 lead from the first leg of their second qualifying round clash.

Fulham have a special relationship with the competition after finishing as runner-up in 2010 and former Champions League winner Riise is gunning for further success.

"You can see by the team the manager puts out that we're taking this competition seriously," he said. "He wants to play to win and I think we are in this competition because it is great to be in Europe.

"And like I said to you, getting to the final was a great achievement for the club and if we can do something similar this year it is going to be awesome.

"But I think we'll have to take it one game at a time and see where we go."

Riise is set to make his Fulham debut after joining from Serie A outfit Roma.

The former Liverpool man's transfer ends a three-year absence from English football and sees him link up with his brother Bjorn Helge in west London.

While admitting he is delighted to be able to play alongside his brother, Riise insists there are plenty of other reasons behind his move.

"I've settled in very well," he said. "I knew some things about the club before I came here through my brother.

"I'm really enjoying it and training has been really good.

"Bjorn obviously knows the club well from the inside.

"He knows the players, the staff, and the way the team trains and how the club takes care of their players.

"It's a big issue that my brother is here the main thing is I know it is a good squad that works hard.

"I like the manager and how he thinks about football, how the chairman runs the club, so there were a lot of factors involved in my decision to come to come back.

"And obviously being able to play in the Premier League was a big, big thing."

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7051458/?

WhiteJC

Fulham new boy reveals: I'm still a Kop idol

The 30-year-old Norwegian will play against Belfast part-timers Crusaders in the Europa League at Craven Cottage following his arrival from Italian giants Roma.

It is three years since he was frozen out on Merseyside when Andrea Dossena was brought in – and Liverpool have had a problem with the left-back position ever since.

"I've heard people say they haven't really replaced me but that is not my concern," said Riise. "If they wanted me back they could have made an effort.

"I know a few of the fans wanted me back."

Riise describes his time at Liverpool as the best seven years of his career –but insists he is not bitter about his exit.

"What Rafa Benitez did was quite fair to me, he was honest with me and I respected that," he said. "I would rather him be honest than trick me."

Martin Jol's side protect a 3-1 lead in West London against the men from Northern Ireland.

Fulham's Dutch boss is delighted with his new signing.

"Roma probably wanted to keep him but he wanted to come back to England," said Jol.

"He will play against Crusaders and he has only been here for five days. He played on Sunday, so he is a fit bugger!"

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-news-John-Arne-Riise-claims-Liverpool-fans-want-him-back-Anfield-even-before-making-Cottagers-debut-article773323.html#ixzz1SiljWVRh

WhiteJC

Fulham manager Martin Jol thinks he will have to boost squad to compete on all fronts

MARTIN JOL has conceded his squad needs bolstering if Fulham are to compete across all the competitions this season.

The Cottagers began their competitive campaign with a Europa League tie on June 30 and have an arduous-looking season ahead.

Fulham have so far coped by relying heavily on youth prospects in their ties with Faroese minnows NSI Runavik and Crusaders, who they face again tonight on the back of last week's 3-1 away victory in the Europa League second qualifying round.

While manager Jol says such matches are more like pre-season friendlies, he admits he will need a larger squad if Fulham are to do themselves justice in both domestic cup competitions and Premier League.

"I am happy with the business we've done so far but, as you know, we've lost six or seven players," he said.

"We need a couple of players to get a very good young squad."

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/amateur-football/2011/07/21/fulham-manager-martin-jol-thinks-he-will-have-to-boost-squad-to-compete-on-all-fronts-100252-29092343/?#ixzz1Siqgflbv

WhiteJC

John Arne Riise relaxed over Europa League progress

Fulham defender John Arne Riise has dismissed the Europa League naysayers and believes the Cottagers can achieve something special in this year's edition.

The west Londoners gained a place in the competition through the Fair Play league, which resulted in their season starting on June 30 against NSI Runavik.

Having seen off the Faroese minnows with relative ease, Fulham face Northern Ireland part-timers Crusaders tonight with a 3-1 lead from the first leg of their second qualifying round clash.

Fulham have a special relationship with the competition after finishing as runner-up in 2010 and former Champions League winner Riise is gunning for further success.

"You can see by the team the manager puts out that we're taking this competition seriously," he said.

"He wants to play to win and I think we are in this competition because it is great to be in Europe. Getting to the final was a great achievement for the club and if we can do something similar this year it is going to be awesome.

Riise is set to make his Fulham debut after joining from Serie A outfit Roma.

The former Liverpool man's transfer ends a three-year absence from English football and sees him link up with his brother Bjorn Helge in west London.

While admitting he is delighted to be able to play alongside his brother, Riise insists there are plenty of other reasons behind his move.

"I've settled in very well," he said. "I knew some things about the club before I came here through my brother. "I'm really enjoying it and training has been really good.

"Bjorn obviously knows the club well from the inside. He knows the players, the staff, and the way the team trains and how the club takes care of their players.

"It's a big issue that my brother is here the main thing is I know it is a good squad that works hard. I like the manager and how he thinks about football, how the chairman runs the club, so there were a lot of factors involved in my decision to come to come back.

"And obviously being able to play in the Premier League was a big, big thing."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23971770-john-arne-riise-relaxed-over-europa-league-progress.do?

WhiteJC

Leeds United: It's d-day for Stockdale deal

David Stockdale. PIC: PA

Leeds United's bid to sign David Stockdale could be decided tomorrow with Fulham set to rule on his immediate future.

Fulham have received a number of offers for their highly-rated goalkeeper – among them an approach from Leeds – and they are expected to finalise a transfer after their appearance in the Europa League tonight.

Stockdale is due to appear on the bench at Craven Cottage for this evening's qualifying tie against Crusaders but Fulham's recent signing of Hungarian keeper Csaba Somogyi has opened the door for him to move elsewhere on loan.

United are one of several clubs vying to take the Leeds-born 25-year-old on a season-long deal, and Fulham favour the idea of sending him to a Championship side, allowing them to insert a 24-hour recall clause into any deal. The Premier League side intend to cover themselves against a future injury to current first-choice Mark Schwarzer.

Leeds, who are still attempting to replace Kasper Schmeichel more than three weeks after selling the Dane to Leicester City, would be reluctant to accept any recall provision but they remain keen on recruiting Stockdale for the duration of the coming term.

Fulham manager Martin Jol said: "We're talking to a few clubs because the conditions need to be finalised.

"We want to recall him if necessary because if something happens with Mark (Schwarzer) then we need a back-up."

United boss Simon Grayson made moves to sign Andy Lonergan from Preston North End at the start of this month but Leeds were reluctant to agree to his wage demands which they judged to be excessive.

Stockdale quickly emerged as an alternative and he has already expressed his desire to leave Fulham temporarily, saying: "I need games. I'm definitely looking to get out and I think the manager is thinking the same thing.

"I came to show what I can do and I want to go out and do that again. You can't rest on your laurels and you need to continue proving yourself all the time."

The unexpected sale of Schmeichel was part of Grayson's plan to improve a defence which conceded 70 goals last season, but United's manager is still looking for a second keeper after landing Paul Rachubka on a free transfer from Blackpool.

Leeds are also likely to sign a new left-back before the season starts – Jlloyd Samuel is presently on trial with United – and the club have made contact with Aston Villa about another deal with right-back and former loanee Eric Lichaj.

Grayson, meanwhile, is hoping Andy O'Brien will ease a growing injury crisis at Elland Road by returning from a side strain early next week.

The centre-back has been nursing a muscle problem for the past seven days and is likely to miss Saturday's friendly against Sheffield Wednesday.

But Grayson said: "We'd like to think that by the early part of next week, he won't be too far away."

Robert Snodgrass (ankle), Patrick Kisnorbo (shin) and Lloyd Sam (dead leg) are all hoping to be fit to play at Hillsborough.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds_united_it_s_d_day_for_stockdale_deal_1_3599565

WhiteJC

Watch the FFC-Crusaders game live at HammyEnd.com

Courtesy of Proof Communication Ltd and Dailymotion we can broadcast tonights game here on HammyEnd.com

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/07/watch-the-ffc-crusaders-game-live-at-hammyend-com/?

WhiteJC

Haynes Stand Food and Drink Update

Supporters should note that there will be limited food and beverages available in the Johnny Haynes Stand tonight due to major improvements being made to the catering facilities for the 2011/12 season. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/July/JohnnyHaynesStandOutlets.aspx?#ixzz1SjMlYfmp

WhiteJC

Prem trio eye Pavone raid
Liverpool, Fulham & Swansea eye Rovers target

Pavone: Attracting interest from three Premier League clubs after Blackburn move stalled

Skysports.com understands that Liverpool, Fulham and Swansea have all joined the race to land prospective Blackburn signing Mariano Pavone.

The 29-year-old Argentine international has already agreed a three-year deal at Ewood Park, but the Lancashire outfit have been unable to finalise the deal.

Now Pavone, who is a free agent after buying out the remaining year of his contract at Real Betis, is growing increasingly frustrated.

Whilst Rovers remain in pole position to sign him, Pavone is now ready to consider other offers and a number of clubs are showing an interest in the forward.

Skysports.com understands Liverpool, Fulham and Swansea are all interested in now striking a deal to land Pavone.

Pavone's British representative Barry McIntosh confirmed that a number of clubs were monitoring the situation.

"Yes, there are a number of clubs looking at Mariano, obviously I cannot name them at this stage," he told skysports.com.

"The Blackburn situation is frustrating for Mariano, but as they made the move first we are willing to give them every chance to finalise the move.

"Mariano is a big fan of Steve Kean, he was very impressed with him and would love the chance to play for him.

"But we have to consider Mariano's future and we are aware of the interest from elsewhere."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_7051587,00.html?

WhiteJC

Jol eyes striker swoop

MARTIN Jol has turned his attention to a new striker after completing the signing of Czech star Marcel Gecov.

The midfielder agreed a two-year deal in SW6 this morning, and Fulham boss Jol now wants to bolster his frontline to provide back-up for Bobby Zamora and Andy Johnson.

He said: "I am happy with the business we've done so far, but we lost six or seven players in a couple of months. We need a couple of players to get a very good, strong squad.

"Up front we have Bobby and Andrew, and the rest like [Lauri] Dalla Valle and [Marcello] Trotta are very young.

"We played them in the other matches against Wimbledon and Stevenage and they aren't ready to fill in that role as a back-up player for Johnson or Zamora.

"We have [Clint] Dempsey coming back which helps, but [Moussa] Dembele is injured. Last week we had a little problem and had to play Kerim Frei Thursday and Sunday, which is evidence we need players."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/07/20/jol-eyes-striker-swoop-64767-29089561/?#ixzz1SjNYamYV

WhiteJC

Trio to miss Crusaders clash

Clint Dempsey, Moussa Dembele and Simon Davies are set to miss Fulham's Europa League second leg clash against Crusaders.
The trio are all deemed not fit enough to face the Northern Ireland part-timers in the second qualifying round encounter at Craven Cottage on Thursday with Martin Jol's men holding a 3-1 first leg advantage.

United States forward Dempsey has jetlag, while respective ankle and knee problems will sideline Dembele and Davies.

Jol is planning to field a team with a mix of youth and experience, while recent new signing John Arne Riise is set to make his debut.

The former Liverpool full-back, who joined from AS Roma, is confident the Cottagers can progress far in the competition having reached the 2010 final.

"You can see by the team the manager puts out that we're taking this competition seriously," he said. "He wants to play to win and I think we are in this competition because it is great to be in Europe.

"And like I said to you, getting to the final was a great achievement for the club and if we can do something similar this year it is going to be awesome.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/trio-to-miss-crusaders-clash-1243688.html?#.Tify6c014_4

WhiteJC

Up next: Crusaders (h)
by DAN on JULY 21, 2011
Tonight's second leg at Craven Cottage should be intriguing. Crusaders provided Fulham with a much sterner test than some expected last week in Belfast and, but for some fortunate breaks in the last quarter, the Whites could have been facing a far from straightforward task tonight.

Martin Jol will continue his build up to the new league campaign by picking a relatively strong side this evening. He seems confident that Fulham will score plenty of goals, but will hope for a more convincing performance in the second leg. With Carlos Salcido seemingly edging closer towards the exit door, John Arne Riise will be keen to impress on his competitive debut for the club. The Norwegian played an hour of the pre-season defeat at Stevenage last weekend and has been passed fit to start this evening. Omitting Matthew Briggs, who marked a strong first-leg performance with a brilliant opening goal, is very harsh on the youngster, however.

Midfield provides Jol with a few selection headaches. Kerim Frei looked full of running at Seaview and has impressed during his pre-season outings with the reserves. In the continuing absence of Clint Dempsey – currently being rested after his busy summer with the American national side – the 17 year-old could be line to reprise his exploits down the left flank. Plenty of comparisons have been made between Frei and Steed Malbranque and you can certainly see the likeness: both are nippy, confident midfielders who enjoy running with the ball. A better comparison, however, would link Frei with Duff, who is likely to line up on the opposite flank. Media reports have suggested that Stephen Kelly, perhaps rivalling Chris Baird as the new utility man, could start in midfield, although Bjorn Helge Riise would hope to join his brother in the starting line-up.

Whether we'll see anything of new signing Marcel Gecov remains to be seen. This is the one signing so far that points to Jol's preference for younger, hungry players. Perhaps the symbolism of the young Czech midfielder signing shortly after the departure of Jonathan Greening to Nottingham Forest indicates where we are going. As Rich has pointed out, Hodgson had a prevalence for older, experienced, dependable players. I think Greening will be a loss, he certainly demonstrated terrific crossing ability out wide, but probably couldn't be guaranteed the level of first-team football he wanted at this stage in his career. Gecov will certainly give Dickson Etuhu a run for his money in central midfield.

Bobby Zamora notched his first goal of the new campaign in Belfast last week. Zamora's look a little rusty in his run-outs so far and it was good to see his instinctive header find the net at a crucial time in the first leg. In the absence of the injured Moussa Dembele, it seems as if Zamora and Johnson is the preferred partnership. Johnson's movement caused problems for Crusaders in the first game, but it's also interesting to note that Jol seems to have rowed back from his earlier statements regarding our striking options. With Dalla Valle and Trotta soon to be heading out on loan to gain experience, Jol now accepts that the club will need a new centre forward. Both AJ and Zamora will see tonight as a golden opportunity to demonstrate their sharpness.

MY FULHAM XI (4-4-2): Schwarzer; Baird, J.A. Riise, Hughes, Hangeland; Etuhu, Murphy, Duff, Frei; Zamora, Johnson. Subs: Etheridge, Kelly, Senderos, Sidwell, Donegan, B.H. Riise, Dalla Valle.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/07/up-next-crusaders-h/?

WhiteJC

Riise would have considered Liverpool move

New Fulham signing John Arne Riise has expressed disappointment that Liverpool did not press harder to sign him before he made the move to Craven Cottage.

Kenny Dalglish is thought to be in the market for a left-back following the sale of Paul Konchesky to Leicester, with Aly Cissokho of Lyon heavily linked to Anfield. Fabio Aurelio is an existing option within the squad for Dalglish, while he employed Glen Johnson on the left side of defence for much of last season.

Riise, who left Liverpool for Roma in 2008 after being frozen out by Rafa Benitez, has hinted he would have been willing to solve Dalglish's headache by returning to the Reds.

"I've heard people say they haven't really replaced me and that is not my concern," Riise said. "If they wanted me back they could have made an effort. I know a few of the fans wanted me back. I achieved a lot when I was at Liverpool and this is my type of football. I needed a new challenge after that and improved as a player but it was always in my mind to come back."

Riise makes his debut at Craven Cottage on Thursday as Fulham defend a 3-1 lead in the Europa League second-round qualifier with Northern Irish side Crusaders.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/101968.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

WhiteJC

Possible Change For Fulham Fixture

Wolves' first Barclays Premier League home game of the season may need to be put back 24 hours due to Fulham's involvement in the Europa League.

The fixture is due to take place on Saturday, August 20, but if Fulham reach the play-off stage of the Europa League, they are expected to be in action on the previous Thursday and therefore the Wolves game will be put back to the Sunday, probably with a 2pm kick off time.

Fulham still need to progress through the 2nd and 3rd Qualifying Rounds to reach the play off stage that would force a rearrangement, but they are strong favourites to make it through the 2nd  round, at least, as they head into tonight's second leg at home to Crusaders with a 3-1 lead from the first.

If they do make it through, the 3rd qualifying round takes place on July 28 and August 4, after which it will become clear whether the Wolves/Fulham fixture needs to be changed.

If so, the new date and kick off time would be confirmed as soon as possible.

http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2397817,00.html?

WhiteJC

Utrecht complete Gerndt swoop
FC Utrecht have signed their third Swedish player this summer with the capture of forward Alexander Gerndt from Helsingborgs.

Gerndt, the top scorer in the Allsvenskan last season, follows fellow Swedes Johan Martensson and Marcus Nilsson to the Galgenwaard Stadium.

A host of European sides, including West Brom, Blackburn and Fulham, were thought to be interested in the 25-year-old, but Utrecht have won the race for his signature.

The Sweden international will delay his arrival at Utrecht until August 1 so he is available to play for Helsingborgs in the first leg of their third round Europa League qualifying clash on July 28.

Utrecht chairman Jan Willem van Dop told the club's official website: "I must say that we have a very successful period (of transfers) behind us.

"We had our sights focused on three players and we have signed all three.

"For the three Swedes, but especially Gerndt, there was also much interest from other clubs, but thanks to the decisive and the good 'story' of FC Utrecht they have chosen our club.

"The boys are stable, strong personalities and they saw the outlook that FC Utrecht offers. They have chosen our approach, our system.

"This means that a move to FC Utrecht can mean a great step toward the next big step."

http://www.football365.com/fulham/7051806/?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Crusaders preview
Cottagers aiming to prolong their Europa League adventure

Fulham will be looking to avoid any second leg dramas when they welcome Crusaders to Craven Cottage.

Martin Jol's men have one foot in the third qualifying round of the Europa League courtesy of a 3-1 first leg victory.

Success on Northern Irish soil will allow the Cottagers to take their foot off the gas to an extent when the tie heads to London.

They will, however, need to put in a professional display and ensure that they offer Crusadersno lifeline to cling on to.

Taking another step closer to the group stages is the priority, but performances are also starting to take on added importance as the new Premier League campaign draws ever closer.

Riise bow

Securing a safe passage into the next round of continental competition on Thursday will see Fulham book a third qualifying round date with either Domzale of Slovenia or Croatia's RNK Split - who hold a 2-1 lead from the first leg of their second round clash.

John Arne Riise will make his debut for the Cottagers against Crusaders.

Jol has confirmed the former Liverpool left-back will start after joining from Roma.
Fulham's Dutch coach intends to deploy a mix of youth and experience at Craven Cottage, as he has done throughout the competition so far.

He will, however, be without the services of senior men such as Clint Dempsey (jet-lag), Moussa Dembele (ankle) and Simon Davies (knee).

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_3422292,00.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss plays down Briggs fears

MARTIN Jol insists Matthew Briggs is part of his first-team plans - despite the arrival of John Arne Riise.

The Norwegian is set to replace the Fulham youngster at left-back for tonight's Europa League qualifier with Crusaders.

But boss Jol insists he has no plans to ship out Briggs - who signed a new two-year deal earlier this year - on loan.

He said: "He is not like a talented boy. For me he is already there.

"I think he's a good part of our squad and that is why I don't want to put him on loan somewhere. I want to keep him.

"I have seen him over the last couple of weeks and I think he could be an exciting player."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/07/21/fulham-boss-plays-down-briggs-fears-82029-29094786/?#ixzz1SjrWzunl

WhiteJC

Watch Fulham v Crusaders live on 101 Great Goals

We are delighted to announce that the Europa League second qualification round second leg between Fulham and Crusaders will be shown live on this very website.

The Cottagers have a 3-1 lead from the first leg (highlights here) and should comfortably secure a place in the third qualifying round to face NK Domzale of Slovenia or Croatian side RNK Split.

Probably the main talking point for Fulham this evening is the debut of former Liverpool and Roma left back John Arne Riise – it should also be a fine opportunity for new boss Martin Jol to have another look at his charges.

On the Europa League encounter, Riise said: "You can see by the team the manager puts out that we're taking this competition seriously. He wants to play to win and I think we are in this competition because it is great to be in Europe."

Despite the absences of Clint Dempsey, Simon Davies and Moussa Dembele, Fulham usually guarantee some good football and there should be goals.

Fulham v Crusaders, live on 101 Great Goals – kick off at 19.30 UK time tonight.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/watch-fulham-v-crusaders-live-on-101-great-goals/99594/?

WhiteJC

Fulham players and their agents: does this offer clues for future signings?

There was an interesting comment on Twitter today from Tor-Kristian Karlsen, a football scout. Karlsen noted that while Premiership clubs do have an overview for the world's footballers, most are, I quote:

Tor-Kristian Karlsen
karlsentk Tor-Kristian Karlsen
many people (justifiably) puzzled that few premier league clubs were seriously in for arturo vidal (no idea if arsenal interest was genuine)

personally i think the reason is lack of contacts and connections. vidal's agent mainly works in other markets (spain, italy)

funnily enough (and this is crazy), it often takes an agent to alert or instigate a transfer move to the premier league

many premier league (and european) clubs don't "bother" moving for a player unless represented by someone (agent) within the club's network

it's not exclusively a pl problem, happens in europe as well. but if you study clubs' signings, you'll find clear patterns

it's not for the lack of overview or knowledge but willingness to close deals unless player is repped by "the right people"

This struck me as interesting, so I checked Fulham players' representatives.  Transfermarkt.de has this information, so it didn't take long:

Player    Agency group
Mark Schwarzer (Aus)    Global Sport Group
Pascal Zuberbuhler (Swi)    MWS Sport and Music Marketing
David Stockdale (Eng)    ?
Paul Konchesky (Eng)    Base Soccer
Chris Baird (N.Ire)    ?
Stephen Kelly (Ire)    SEM Group
John Pantsil (Gha)    Base Soccer
John Arne Riise (Nor)    Einar Baardsen
Carlos Salcido (Mex)    James Grant Sports Management
Philippe Senderos (Swi)    SK Management
Rafik Halliche (Alg)    Extra Time SL
Brede Hangeland (Nor)    Rune Hauge
Aaron Hughes (N.Ire)    Stellar Football
Matthew Briggs    Andy Evans
Simon Davies (Wal)    WMG Management (SFX Sports)
Dickson Etuhu (Nig)    Base Soccer
Steve Sidwell (Eng)    Base Soccer
Kagisho Dikgacoi (SAf)    Prosport International
Danny Murphy (Eng)    WMG Management (SFX Sports)
Zoltan Gera (Hun)    Vladan Filipovic
Bjorn Riise (Nor)    Einar Baardsen
Damien Duff (Ire)    Pat Devlin
Jonathan Greening (Eng)    Mel Stein
Marcel Gecov (Cze)    Nehoda Sport
Clint Dempsey (USA)    James Grant Sports Management
Andrew Johnson (Eng)    Base Soccer
Lauri Dalla Valle (Fin)    Octagon Athletes and Personalities
Moussa Dembele (Bel)    Patrick Vervoort
Bobby Zamora (Eng)    Base Soccer

A slight tendency for Base Soccer players perhaps, but nothing that appears out of the ordinary (unless six players is out of the ordinary – what do you think?).

If the club does have a good relationship with Base – and we must assume it does – what might this mean going forwards?  Clearly Martin Jol will have his own ideas, but let's work with the notion that Base footballers are in some way easier for the club to acquire.  Who are these players and would they be any use to Fulham?

In short, yes and no:

Here's the full list:

http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/base-soccer-agency-ltd/details/berater_674.html

Interesting names:

Aaron Lennon
Aaron Ramsey
Anthony Le Tallec
Ben Watson
David Nugent
Gary Cahill
Gary O'Neil
Harry Kewell
Jack Wilshere
Jay Bothroyd
Joe Ledley
Karl Henry
Lee Camp
Leighton Baines
Tom Huddlestone

Which explains a few things. We've been linked (heavily at times) to O'Neil (who I believe nearly joined us), Kewell, Ledley and Huddlestone.  In terms of future moves, the name that stands out is Ben Watson, who Colin's stats identify as a possible replacement for Danny Murphy in terms of what he does on a football pitch.  Anthony Le Tallec would be another name, a decentish forward who may conceivably be of use. Otherwise you'd have to assume that the other players are either too good/expensive/unavailable or not a good fit for Fulham.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/07/21/fulham-players-and-their-agents-does-this-offer-clues-for-future-signings/?

WhiteJC

Murphy's Law: Fulham boss Martin Jol must be bold in the transfer market

Paul Murphy, London24 Fulham blogger

Fulham blogger Paul Murphy is desperate to see the Cottagers splash the cash this summer

With only a few weeks to go until the start of the season the pain of close season is nearly over.

All football fans suffer in this time, however in my opinion we Fulham fans suffer more than most Premiership supporters.

Maybe it's the fact that, despite being in the league for 10 consecutive seasons, we still only get 30 seconds on Sky Sports Premiership years, or that we can never get a decent Masters team together.

Although I think the main source of pain comes from the lack of Fulham's ambition in the transfer market, where other supporters get excited about a new multi million pound centre-forward coming in, Fulham have to settle for a new reserve keeper for an 'undisclosed fee'.

I've followed Fulham for over 15 years and spent my younger years checking Teletex or the local rag for any transfer stories, whilst my friends would be talking about the latest back page story and how this new signing was going to make the difference for their team. However in the summer of 2001 things changed, Fulham had become a Premiership club and with this the exciting transfers were sure to follow.

Fulham did not disappoint, I remember the back pages of the paper as Fulham signed Champions League winner, Edwin Van der Sar and 'the new Henry' in Steve Marlet.

Okay Van der Sar may say he regrets his time with us and Marlet would have been better in a Bob Marley tribute act, but we were living the dream.

The dream was soon over. Apart from Andy Johnson, (£10.5 million), in the past 10 seasons we've rarely spent over £5million on a player and you need to scan the papers hard for any transfer news.

Now I'm not naïve enough to think we can go and spend £20million on every player and I know we have a wage structure in place.

However we are an established Premier League club, in London, with a good European reputation and a solid fan base, surely this is an attractive option for players, rather than the Wolves and Sunderland's of this world?

In my opinion we need a good finisher who will get double figures in the league (Jermain Defoe would be very nice, please not Niklas Bendtner), some pace on the wingers and few others to add some competition for starting spots.

We have a new manager at the helm who has the know how to take us to the next level, so come on Mr Jol lets sign some quality players, that will make the difference and grab a few headlines on the way.

http://www.london24.com:80/sport/fulham/murphy_s_law_fulham_boss_martin_jol_must_be_bold_in_the_transfer_market_1_970915?

WhiteJC

Ipswich fight Leeds for Fulham keeper

IPSWICH Town have entered the race to sign Fulham keeper David Stockdale.

The youngster is desperate to go out on loan in a bid to get game time after being stuck behind Mark Schwarzer in the Craven Cottage pecking order.

Leeds United are also interested in the 25-year-old shotstopper, while the Whites recently rejected a bid from Swansea to sign the keeper on a permanent deal.

Boss Martin Jol is not willing to sell Stockdale, and will only to loan him to a club in the Championship so he can include a 24-hour recall clause in the deal.

He said: "We are talking to a few clubs because the conditions need to be finalised.

"We want to recall him if necessary because if something happens with Mark [Schwarzer] we need a back-up."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/07/21/ipswich-fight-leeds-for-fulham-keeper-82029-29095702/?#ixzz1SkEXQkXy