more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (24/07/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 24, 2011, 07:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Marsh-Brown transfer listed

It is understood that Fulham are prepared to sell youngster Keanu Marsh-Brown, but only for the right price.
Marsh-Brown joined Fulham's Academy in 2004 after joining from London rivals Arsenal and progressed through the ranks to sign professional forms in 2009.

After making no first-team appearances during his time at Craven Cottage, the full-back was then loaned out to Milton Keynes Dons this year.

He impressed at the Stadium:mk during his 19 appearances, scoring two goals and helping them reach the League One play-off semi-finals.

The Cottagers were believed to have plans to send the 18-year-old out on loan again this season.

However, it now seems that England youth international will be sold as long as an acceptable offer is received, alerting any potential suitors. Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur were both believed to be considering £500,000 bids for Marsh-Brown in November 2010 but it remains to be seen whether or not the duo still hold an interest.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/marsh-brown-transfer-listed-1244887.html?#.Tiu91c016s0

WhiteJC

Reaping the Rewards

The first three matches of our UEFA Europa League campaign have already provided a platform for some potential Whites stars of the future, and now, having made his Fulham debut, Finnish striker Lauri Dalla Valle wants to impress further...

One of your targets when you joined the Club last summer was to improve as a player – a year on, have you?
I think I have improved a lot as a result of the information that I was given last season – I learned so much. In the Development Squad I worked very closely with Billy McKinlay and Ray Lewington in what was a very positive first season at the Club.

I made sure that I took in everything I was told and from day one I worked on improving as a player. I had to improve my physicality and my runs beyond the defenders and, thankfully, after a lot of hard work, I feel that I have. To improve was my immediate aim when I came in, but I feel that I can always improve further. Sure, it was a good first year, but there is still plenty for me to do.

Another ambition was to get close to the First Team, which you have, featuring in the first two UEFA Europa League qualifiers... What was that like?
It was very pleasing and hopefully a sign that I am making the right progress. In making my debut I was very, very happy – it was something that I had wanted to achieve for a long time. I've worked with the First Team quite a bit since I arrived from Liverpool last summer, so that was one of my targets and it was a moment I will never forget.

When stepping off the bench all I could think about was doing well and showing that I was capable of making the step up. I've had a little taste and, of course, I would like to be involved as much as possible.

There seems to be a real sense of the Club's younger players getting a chance to show what they can do at the moment, would you agree?
Well the UEFA Europa League is an excellent chance for players like myself. At this stage of the season it is important to use the squad and, if the younger players are needed then we will give it a good go. It's a great competition in which to learn because the Premier League is very intense.

The pressure is off slightly in these early rounds and that allows us to concentrate on the game and what we need to do. Martin Jol has made it clear that he wants to involve the Club's younger players and that's a good sign for us. There have been afternoons when he has specifically worked with us younger players, maybe doing some ball work or finishing practice. It's been very beneficial and makes you feel part of his plans.

You spent a bit of time on loan at Bournemouth last season - what did you learn from that experience?
Well it was what you would call a learning curve really. It was a good period for me and I played some good games and managed to score some goals, which is what every striker wants to be doing. It gave me the opportunity to experience how first team football works and play in front of fairly large crowds. It was a different style of football to what I was used to in the sense that it was very physical and often direct – but it certainly helped with my development. I know there are a few players that may look at going on loan this season and I would definitely recommend the experience because it could prove invaluable.

And finally Lauri, after what has already been an exciting start for you personally, what are your expectations for the rest of the season?
Well I want to be involved with the First Team as much as possible, that's for sure. So I need to keep working hard and improving all aspects of my game - hopefully that will put me in a good position to push on further. You're right, it has been an exciting start to the campaign for me personally and hopefully it will be one that I remember.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/July/LauriDallaValleBreakingThrough.aspx?#ixzz1T0D9E1T9

WhiteJC

Fulham keep an eye on Jamie Murphy
by DAN on JULY 23, 2011

Fulham scouts ran the rule over Motherwell striker Jamie Murphy this afternoon as the Scottish football season got underway.

Representatives from the Premier League club watched Murphy scored Motherwell's second in their 3-0 opening win over Inverness Caledonian Thistle at Fir Park. The Scottish under-21 international calmly collected a long ball and drove home with aplomb. His pace and power troubled Thistle's defenders all afternoon, giving the watching scouts an indication of his potential. Fulham would have to fight off a number of suitors to secure Murphy's signature, with seven other Premier League clubs represented in the crowd this afternoon, according to reports.

Stuart McCall wants to hold onto his young striker for the remainder of the season, insisting a stay north of the border would be best for Murphy's development.

Jamie's still developing with us, he's a terrific talent. There's no doubt about it, if he stays here for another season he'll be worth a lot of money because he can only improve and benefit from playing

I'm disappointed for some people that leave the SPL and go down to England and sit on the bench or play in the reserves for two seasons. They're not developing there.

He was excellent (against Inverness), he took a really good goal. From my point of view as manager I want to keep him but even for Jamie's development, to keep him for another season would benefit him. He likes his football here, he enjoys it.

The 21 year-old, a product of Motherwell's youth set-up, is also believed to be interesting Birmingham, Wolves, Tottenham, Stoke, West Brom and Birmingham. He has scored five times in thirteen appearances for the Scottish under-21 side and managed 11 goals in 45 games for Motherwell last season.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/07/fulham-keep-an-eye-on-jamie-murphy/?

WhiteJC

Hughes: 'It's like John Arne Riise's been here for years'
by DAN on JULY 23, 2011

Aaron Hughes is delighted that Fulham have signed left back John Arne Riise, who enjoyed an assured competitive debut for the club against Crusaders on Thursday night.

The Northern Ireland centre back says that Riise has settled in seamlessly to life at Craven Cottage.

He is a very, very good acquisition. It is almost as if he has been here for two years.

It hasn't been a massive thing in the changing room, he just kind of slipped in quietly straight away. He has obviously got his brother [Bjorn Helge] and Brede [Hangeland] here already and he knows Danny [Murphy] from Liverpool.

He has integrated straight away but you find that with any of the new players that come to this club. We've got a good bunch of lads here and people seem to fit in straight away.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/07/hughes-its-like-john-arne-riises-been-here-for-years/?

WhiteJC

Introducing RNK Split
by DAN on JULY 23, 2011

Fulham's first proper UEFA Cup tie was against Hadjuk Split back in September 2002 in one of the most intimidating arenas in European football. Next week, the Whites – now much more experienced in continental competition – return to the beautiful Croatian city to face a side whose recent history rather mirrors our own. The question is: who will be this side's Steed Malbranque?

RNK Split were languishing in the fourth tier of Croatian football four years ago. Formed in 1912, the club has strong working class and anarchist links. RNK stands for Radni?ki nogometni klub which literally translates as 'workers' football club'. The club has a particularly political history off the field too. During the Spanish civil war, the club organised a legion of men to fight against Franco and more than a hundred of the club's players were killed during the Second World War as they battled the Axis powers.

The club have  largely been a lower-league side for much of their history. In the days of the former Yugoslavia, the closest RNK came to a degree of success was when they reached the semi-finals of the Yugoslavian Cup in 1960-61. They were beaten by now Macedonian side Vardar.

RNK have enjoyed a meteoric rise over the last few years. They stormed to three championships in three successive years having narrowly missed out on promotion from the fourth division in 2006-07. Last season, only their second in the Croatian top-flight in their history, saw the club finish third in the table. Inspired by their experienced coach Ivan Katalini?, who made 54 appearances in the Southampton goal during the 1970s, RNK were formidable at home and played some sparkling football. Their success was built on an impressive home record (they only lost three home games all season) and a strong defence, spearheaded by Croatian international centre back Ivica Križanac. Midfield creativity comes in the form of the experienced veteran Zozul Ante, who was part of the side that rose through the divisions.

RNK's third place finish ensured a place in the Europa League this year. They were comfortable 5-2 aggregate winners over Slovenian side Domzale. Young striker Duje Cop, a summer signing from rivals Hajduk Split, announced his arrival with a brace in the first leg and the 21 year-old, whose father Davor was a Hajduk legend in the 1980s, has the ability to trouble the Fulham defence with his aerial ability and a penchant for running with the ball.

Here are the goals from RNK's first leg victory over Domzale:
Rnk Split-Nk Domžale 3-1 21.07.2011.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/07/introducing-rnk-split/?

WhiteJC

Hoesen heading back to Fortuna on loan?
by DAN on JULY 23, 2011

Reports from Holland suggest that young Fulham striker Danny Hoesen is set to return to Fortuna Sittard on loan.

Hoesen had impressed Fulham's scouts in the summer of 2008 and, after a successful trial at Motspur Park, agreed a £400,000 transfer in August 2008. Before he made the move to London, Hoesen was handed his Fortuna debut, having come through the Dutch side's academy, as a substitute at Go Ahead Eagles. After a strong start with Fulham's youth team, Hoesen was loaned out to HJK Helsinki for some first-team experienced and scored his first goal for the Finnish side in a 2-1 away win at IFK Mariehamn.

A serious hip injury ended his loan spell with HJK a month early and Hoesen worked hard to return to full fitness and lead the line impressively for Billy McKinlay's reserve side. A string of impressive performances saw rewarded with a spot on the bench for Fulham's 3-0 win at Sunderland in April. The Dutch youth international signed a new two-year contract with Fulham in May and his season-long switch to his former club is expected to be confirmed on Monday. The move would fit in with Martin Jol's intention to farm out some of Fulham's promising young talent to foreign clubs.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/07/hoesen-heading-back-to-fortuna-on-loan/?

WhiteJC

Stockdale to decide on future this week
by DAN on JULY 24, 2011

This Sunday Mirror article suggests that the final decision on who he is loaned out to this season rests with David Stockdale.

Martin Jol is set to loan the 25 year-old goalkeeper to a Championship club after signing Csaba Somogyi on a free transfer this summer. The Hungarian will become the back-up to Australian international Mark Schwarzer, allowing Stockdale to gain regular first-team experience on loan. Jol has already turned down a £2.5m offer from Swansea for Stockdale and prefers to loan him to a Championship side as he could be recalled to Fulham at 24 hours notice.

A Yorkshire Evening Post article earlier today suggested that Fulham's insistence on both the recall clause and a loan fee had ended Leeds' interest, leaving Ipswich as Stockdale's most likely destination. An Ipswich fans' website has already hinted that Stockdale, called up to the full England squad by Fabio Capello last season, would complete a move to Portman Road on Monday.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/07/stockdale-to-decide-on-future-this-week/?

WhiteJC

Fulham keeper set to decide on loan destination this week

David Stockdale will decide this week whether to join Leeds or Ipswich on a season-long loan deal from Fulham.

Cottagers boss Martin Jol wants to farm out the 25-year-old keeper to a Championship side, after signing Hungarian Csaba Somogyi on a free from Rakospalotai as back-up to first-choice Mark Schwarzer.

Jol has refused to sell Stockdale to Premier League new-boys Swansea for £2.5million, but needs the former York stopper to maintain his match fitness by getting regular first-team football.

And by allowing him to move on loan to a side outside the top flight, Fulham can insert a 24-hour recall clause into any deal.

Now Stockdale, born in Leeds, has the choice of linking up with his home-town team or opting for a switch to boss Paul Jewell's Tractor Boys. The keeper, who cost £600,000 from Darlington three years ago, said: "I need games.

"I am definitely looking to get out on loan and I think the manager is thinking the same thing.

"I came to Fulham to show what I can do and now I want to go out and do that again.

"You cannot rest on your laurels.

"You need to continue proving yourself all the time in this game."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Fulham-goalkeeper-David-Stockdale-to-decide-between-Leeds-and-Ipswich-on-loan-article774998.html#ixzz1T0FWGjVo

WhiteJC

Senderos looking forward to making an impact in new season

A year ago Philippe Senderos was waging a desperate battle for fitness.

He had joined Fulham on a free from Arsenal where he failed to live up to his 'Swiss Tony' nickname.

He was supposed to be the man – named after the Fast Show character – who would succeed legendary Gunners defender Tony Adams.

Fulham was to be a fresh start but that lasted just one training session.

"I ruptured my Achilles, just like David Beckham had done," recalled 26-year-old Senderos. "In fact I had the same surgeon as him.

"Yes, you could say it was a difficult start, but from the very beginning I was determined to keep my head up and put myself in recovery mode. The club were fantastic with me. Thank God I recovered and I was able to play three games towards the end of the season."

Senderos was also recalled by his national team – "a great bonus," he called it – and pre-season has gone well under new Fulham boss Martin Jol.

"I worked so hard to get fit and now hopefully I am getting there," said Senderos, who played in Thursday's 4-0 Europa League qualifying win over Crusaders of Northern Ireland at Craven Cottage.

"I am just so happy to be playing again. Now I want to fight for my place."

His return to fitness would have surprised no-one among the backroom staff at Fulham. From day one after his injury, Senderos showed a determination and application that impressed everyone at the club.

"I tried to be as much around the boys as I could," he said. "I even travelled when I could with them to away games. For me, it was important that I stayed part of the group.

"And towards the end of the season, I trained with them as well.

"Now, I am just happy to be back and I am looking to enjoy my season and stay fit."

This summer witnessed managerial upheaval at Craven Cottage.

Mark Hughes quit and was replaced by Jol. But to Senderos, it has been a seamless ­transition.

"We try to play attacking football that is good to watch and is effective," he added.

"The important thing is to be in top form for the end of the season as well. But what we have here is competition for places and that can only be good. The aim? Another top ten finish and maybe even do better than last year when we finished eighth."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-defender-Philippe-Senderos-to-put-injuries-behind-him-under-Martin-Jol-article775068.html

WhiteJC

Leeds in battle to keep star forward as nine clubs close in

Simon Grayson is fighting to keep Max Gradel as NINE clubs close in on Leeds' £5million-rated marksman.

Gradel, 23, who can play as a winger or a central striker, notched 18 goals last season as the Yorkshire club just missed out on a play-off place.

The Ivory Coast international is in the final year of his Elland Road deal.

That has alerted Fulham, Stoke, Newcastle, Wigan, Swansea and QPR, German giants Hamburg, French champions Lille and their Ligue 1 rivals Paris St. Germain.

Relegated West Ham have already had a £2.5m bid for the former Leicester ace rejected. Leeds boss Grayson is desperate to keep Gradel, who he sees as vital to his side's promotion hopes.

And Gradel (below) is happy to try to realise his ambitions with them.

He said: "Leeds is a massive club. It is the best I have been at and to play at a club like this is a dream.

"I want to keep playing at this club for a long time to come.

"There are a lot of positives to be taken from last season and now we are ready to go again. We deserve to be in the Premier League."

Grayson added: "There has been no unrest from Max. He is focused and we don't want him to leave."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Leeds-battle-to-keep-Max-Gradel-from-Fulham-Stoke-Newcastle-Swansea-QPR-Hamburg-Lille-article775038.html#ixzz1T0H7vCTw

White Noise

Jol confident Zamora can force his way into England squad

Published 23:00 23/07/11

By MirrorFootball

Bobby Zamora can force his way back into England's line-up for Euro 2012 ­according to new Fulham boss Martin Jol.

Jol said: "I feel that if Bobby is fit, which he has looked in pre-season – and continues to score goals – then he is probably one of the better strikers in England. He's a great target man."

The 30-year-old won his only cap in a 2-1 friendly victory over Hungary last summer. He was expected to be part of Fabio ­Capello's World Cup plans 12 months ago but an Achilles injury ruled him out.

Now injury-free, Zamora hopes to build on ­being selected for the England squad to face Switzerland in last month's Euro 2012 qualifier.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-striker-Bobby-Zamora-can-force-way-into-England-squad-Fabio-Cappello-says-Martin-Jol-article774976.html#ixzz1T0TJTNI5