more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR QPR Statement

Started by os5889, July 23, 2011, 06:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2399952,00.html

Club Statement on behalf of majority shareholders Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore:

'We are pleased to confirm that Adel Taarabt will be staying at QPR this summer.

Despite receiving a substantial bid for our Moroccan international, we rebuffed all approaches and indeed, we are keen to build for the future in the Barclays Premier League, and not sell one of our prized assets.

Should we have decided to sell Taarabt this summer, we made it clear to Neil Warnock that we would reinvest funds into the squad.

Taarabt is fully committed to the Club and is looking forward to proving his undoubted star quality for QPR in the Barclays Premier League.

Our decision not to sell him only serves to reiterate the ambition and commitment we have both shown to QPR since we arrived here.

We saved the Club when it was close to relegation from the Championship and just one week from liquidation.

At this time, Flavio Briatore outlined a four year plan to reach the Premier League, which was achieved.

We have always owned approximately 70 per-cent of the shareholding at the Club and have been the major benefactors since our arrival.

We have backed Neil Warnock in bringing in his two top targets, Jay Bothroyd and Kieron Dyer, and we are working hard to try and pursue a couple of other targets the coach has identified.

Welsh international Danny Gabbidon has impressed the coach whilst on trial and we are aiming to add him, as well as at least one or two other players to our squad in the near future.

Neil Warnock is our coach and we are working closely with him in a professional and confidential manner to try to achieve our aims and objectives.

The coach's job is to coach the squad and identify players he believes will improve the squad. As a Board, we deal with all the negotiations and we have been successful in completing deals for Bothroyd and Dyer so far.

We are aware of some issues that have been raised in the press by the coach, but we have discussed these with him internally and he has agreed to be more reserved in terms of what he discusses in the future.

We are fully committed to strengthening our status as a Premier League Club next season and in due course, build for the future.

Now we are in the Premier League, we intend to stay here. We believe this Club can achieve great things and we are looking forward to the Barclays Premier League season.

We are very encouraged by the 10,000 plus Season Tickets we have sold to date and we look forward to welcoming our fans back to Loftus Road on the first day of the season against Bolton Wanderers on August 13th.

os5889

In short Neil Warnock gagged as he's got his main target the free agent Kieran Dyer, Taraabt staying.

Ecclestone and Briatore what a joke!

Like him or not, what Warnock did bringing the hahas up was nothing short of miraculous especially considering the revolving door manager policy they employed prior to his appointment (13 managers in 4 years) and I'd at least liked to have seen him given some support. QPR refused to sanction the transfer of Mackail Smith citing board decision....

Tragically I think Warnock has suffered on account of not being exotic enough for the F1 types and if the carry on running the shite round the corner as they are I can only see one thing, Relegation.

:038:

Jack Fulham

Surely you'd sell him while his stock is high, will probably get found out this season in the PL and his value will drop.

FatFreddysCat

Long may Ecclestone and Briatore reign. Doing a great job in my opinion.

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 23, 2011, 10:58:25 PM
Long may Ecclestone and Briatore reign. Doing a great job in my opinion.

:005:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

dancrawford

French papers suggesting that QPR and PSG are still talking re. Taarabt despite the statement.

Rupert

Ecclestone and Briatore are performing a miracle, they are making me feel sorry for QPHa fans.
Just thank God it is happening to them, not us.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Logicalman

The modesty shown by Ecclestone and Briatore epitomizes the success they will have with QPhahaha

King_Crud

Ecclestone has stated before that he doesn't like owning a football club and doesn't care for the sport. QPR are on a hiding to nothing

Scrumpy

10k season tickets sold isn't too bad considering a) the morons in charge and b) the price of said season tickets.

I was sure someone on here reckoned they had only shifted about 4k a couple of weeks ago. Wind up, I guess.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

WhiteJC

Neil Warnock gagged by Rangers chiefs

NEIL WARNOCK'S future as QPR boss is in doubt after he was gagged by Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore.
And Warnock is said to be unhappy at having to shut it.

A Loftus Road source said: "He won't be happy about being told to watch his mouth - especially from two men who are not really football people.

"This could lead to trouble between the trio and us looking for another manager."

Warnock criticised the club's lack of spending on signings since promotion.

Majority shareholders Ecclestone and Briatore said in a statement: "We are aware of issues raised in the Press by the coach but we have discussed these and he has agreed to be more reserved in terms of what he discusses."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3712038/Neil-Warnock-gagged-by-Rangers-chiefs.html#ixzz1T6AwTkOv

Burt

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 25, 2011, 08:09:16 AM

Neil Warnock gagged by Rangers chiefs

NEIL WARNOCK'S future as QPR boss is in doubt after he was gagged by Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore.
And Warnock is said to be unhappy at having to shut it.

A Loftus Road source said: "He won't be happy about being told to watch his mouth - especially from two men who are not really football people.

"This could lead to trouble between the trio and us looking for another manager."

Warnock criticised the club's lack of spending on signings since promotion.

Majority shareholders Ecclestone and Briatore said in a statement: "We are aware of issues raised in the Press by the coach but we have discussed these and he has agreed to be more reserved in terms of what he discusses."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3712038/Neil-Warnock-gagged-by-Rangers-chiefs.html#ixzz1T6AwTkOv

Warnock is not the type to be gagged.

This is going to end in tears, and quite soon too.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 23, 2011, 07:00:23 PM
Surely you'd sell him while his stock is high, will probably get found out this season in the PL and his value will drop.

This. There's a reason why Spurs let him go so cheaply, he was found to be wanting when he did play in the Premiership.

Never ever bloody anything ever.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on July 25, 2011, 10:00:58 AM

This. There's a reason why Spurs let him go so cheaply, he was found to be wanting when he did play in the Premiership.

To be fair to the lad, that was at Spurs which is a renowned purgatory for footballers. I saw him against Preston (okay it was Preston) back in November and he looked fantastic. They've done well to keep hold of him.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

HatterDon

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 26, 2011, 06:59:54 PM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on July 25, 2011, 10:00:58 AM

To be fair to the lad, that was at Spurs which is a renowned purgatory for footballers. I saw him against Preston (okay it was Preston) back in November and he looked fantastic. They've done well to keep hold of him.

I saw him a few times last season, and he's by far the best player they have. If they'd have lost him to PSG, I'd have listed QPR for 20th. Now he's still with them, I think they'll finish 18th.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel