more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (27/07/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 27, 2011, 07:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Senderos ready to oust duo

Philippe Senderos says he hopes to earn a regular starting spot in the Fulham team this season after an injury-hit two years.

The former Arsenal defender missed most of last season with an Achilles problem and only made a handful of appearances for the Cottagers under Mark Hughes.

With Martin Jol now in charge the Swiss international is hoping he can break up the central-defensive partnership of Brede Hangeland and Aaron Hughes this season.

"The new manager has tried to keep the same things, not change everything but obviously we try to play offensive football and I think we're creating chances and it's working quite well," said Senderos.

"I'm ready to fight for my place. We've got great quality in the squad, good competition as well. That's very important, we're going to have plenty of games for everyone to shine. I want to work hard and with the help of everyone, be ready to fight for my place."

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/senderos-ready-to-oust-duo-1246806.html?

WhiteJC

Stockdale extends and moves
Keeper agrees Fulham deal before sealing Ipswich loan

David Stockdale has penned a four-year contract at Fulham and joined Ipswich on a season-long loan.

The highly-rated goalkeeper has agreed terms at Craven Cottage that will keep him at the club until 2015.

Having prolonged his association with the Premier League outfit on Tuesday, he was immediately sent out on loan to Ipswich.

Stockdale has made no secret of his desire to find regular first-team football and had been hinting at a short-term deal elsewhere for some time.

Eager

The 25-year-old has now been granted his wish, with the 2011/12 campaign set to be spent at Portman Road pushing for promotion out of the Championship.

"I had a great talk with the gaffer here (Paul Jewell) and Ipswich is a big club so I was eager to come here," Stockdale told Town's official website.

"The manager told me about the quality of the signings he's made and where they're heading and everything he told me made me keen to join the club.

"Now I'm just looking forward to getting going and playing my part in what I hope will be a successful season for Ipswich."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_7062642,00.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham Re-Sign David Stockdale, Loan Him To Ipswich Town (And More)

Hinted at for several weeks, David Stockdale's loan move away from Fulham is finally a reality.

Moments after putting pen-to-paper on a new, four-year contract with with the Whites, Stockdale was loaned to English Championship side Ipswich Town for the duration of the 2011-12 season.

Of the move, Stockdale said:

"I had a great talk with the gaffer here [Paul Jewell] and Ipswich is a big club so I was eager to come here. The manager told me about the quality of the signings he's made and where they're heading. Now I'm just looking forward to getting going and playing my part in what I hope will be a successful season for Ipswich."

Though the deal is season-long in length, there is presumably a recall clause included in the contract, one which allows Fulham to bring the 25-year-old back to the team either whenever they wish or on a predetermined date, for whatever reason they so choose.

In other news...

Fulham Sign Youth Internationals Gecov, Kasami.

Call this the first real evidence of Martin Jol's youth movement.

As Kris mentioned last week, on July 20, Fulham signed Marcel Gecov, an Under-21 international for the Czech Republic, from FC Slovern Liberec on a two-and-a-half-year deal for an undisclosed fee reported to be around £700,000. The 23-year-old Gecov was named to the team of the tournament at the 2011 UEFA U-21 Football Championship in June after leading the Czechs to a 4th place finish.

Then, on Monday, Martin Jol added another Under-21 international to the squad, plucking Swiss midfielder Pajtim Kasami away from Palermo for a similarly undisclosed fee.

The 19-year-old Pajtami broke into Palermo's first team last season, making 24 appearances for the Rossoneri. Pjatami's contract will last four years.

Jol commented on the moves:

"[Pajtami] is a key player in the Swiss U21 team. I am delighted to have been able to add two talented young players to my squad with the signing of Pajtim Kasami today, and Marcel Gecov last week, as I believe that they are going to be good additions to the squad both in the short and long term future."

Hoesen Returns To Fortuna Sittard On Loan

Fulham striker Danny Hoesen returned to his old club, Fortuna Sittard, on a season-long loan deal, the club announced on Sunday. Fulham initially captured Hoesen from Fortuna, where he graduated from their youth academy and broke into the Netherlands Under-17 squad, in 2009.

Hoesen spent time with HJK Helsinki last term, scoring a pair of goals in 15 appearances for the Finnish champions. This term, the 20-year-old Dutchman will look to make his mark with a Fortuna side that struggled near the bottom of Dutch second division last season.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2011/7/26/2294777/fulham-re-sign-david-stockdale-loan-him-to-ipswich-town-and-more?

WhiteJC

Baird and Healy in for Northern Ireland

Nigel Worthington has named Fulham defenders Chris Baird and Aaron Hughes in his Northern Ireland squad for their European Championship qualifier against the Faroe Islands.

The Fulham pair missed the Carling Nations Cup summer internationals. Baird's last game for his country was the 0-0 draw against Slovenia in March, whilst Hughes last turned out at international level in the 2-1 defeat by Serbia five days earlier. Worthington has also recalled former Fulham striker David Healy and handed a first call-up to Derry City's James McClean.

Northern Ireland are currently second bottom of Group C with six points from five games. They are five points off second-placed Slovenia with a game in hand.

NORTHERN IRELAND SQUAD: Tuffey (Inverness), Camp (Nottingham Forest), Mannus (St Johnstone); J Evans (Manchester United), McGivern (Manchester City), Cathcart (Blackpool), McAuley (West Brom), Hughes (Fulham), Hodson (Watford); Baird (Fulham), McCann (Peterborough), McGinn (Celtic, on loan at Brentford), Gorman (Wolves), C Evans (Hull), Davis (Rangers), Clingan (Coventry), McCourt (Celtic); Feeney (Oldham), McQuoid (Millwall), McClean (Derry), Healy (Rangers), Ward (Derby), Paterson (Burnley).

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/07/baird-and-healy-in-for-northern-ireland/

Frankie-Peter Taylor

10.45 and only 4 stories?! Slow day ahead.. :(

WhiteJC

See Your Seat

Are you still contemplating a 2011/12 Season Ticket but aren't quite sure where to sit? Why not come down to Craven Cottage and try out a few locations for yourself?

From Wednesday 27th July until Saturday 30th July the Ticket Office team will be on hand to show Fulham fans what seats are still available.

With Fulham FC offering the lowest priced Barclays Premier League Season Tickets in London, now is the time to secure your seat and save with 19 games and many more benefits on offer.

Make the most of this opportunity to try a few seats out before deciding. Call the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 (option 3) or email [email protected] to book your visit.

Visitor times will be available by appointment only between 10am and 7pm Wednesday to Friday and then 10am until 12noon on Saturday.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/July/SeatViewings.aspx?#ixzz1TIkeBojl

WhiteJC

David Stockdale completes Ipswich loan move

Ex-York City goalkeeper David Stockdale has completed a season-long loan move to Championship club Ipswich, writes Henry Cowen.

The 25-year-old had been the target of some speculation with Fulham reportedly rejecting an offer of £2 million from Swansea and Leeds, the club Stockdale supported as a boy, also attempting to secure his services.

Paul Jewell won the race for his signature and Stockdale said: "I had a great talk with the gaffer here and Ipswich Town is a big club so I was eager to come here."

The ex-Minsterman featured on eight occasions in the Premier League for Fulham last season.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityfc/9162246.David_Stockdale_completes_Ipswich_loan_move/?

WhiteJC

Gecov could play Murphy role - Jol

MARCEL Gecov could become a natural successor to Danny Murphy, even though he is primarily a box-to-box player rather than a playmaker, according to his new boss.

The 23-year-old Czech U21, who this week signed from Slovan Liberec on a two-year deal, will inject energy into the midfield, but Martin Jol thinks he also has the guile to unlock defences in the manner of the Fulham captain.

"He would say he's a box to box player - as they say in this country - but he can play centre midfield like Danny Murphy as well and he's quite versatile," said the Fulham manager.

"He played in the European U21 Championships and was one of their best players. Against England he had a good game. He had two assists.

"I know him now for a year and a few other clubs were after him but he wanted to come to us and that was important."

Jol has said Gecov could feature in Fulham's third Europa League qualifier in Split on Thursday.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/07/27/gecov-could-play-murphy-role-jol-82029-29127798/?#ixzz1TIyuEhJY

MikeR

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 27, 2011, 07:55:18 AM
The 19-year-old Pajtami broke into Palermo's first team last season, making 24 appearances for the Rossoneri. Pjatami's contract will last four years.

Patjim, Pajtami, Pjatami - next he'll be Pajama Yomami.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

WhiteJC

Lambeth Summer World Cup

Fulham Football Club Foundation has been delivering the Lambeth Summer World Cup for the last four years. This year a joint bid was put forward by Fulham FC Foundation and one of the Foundation's key partners over the last few years, the St Matthews Project.

The project is aimed at young people between the ages of 8 and 15 years old and is available to boys and girls. With this program, we aim to provide young people with free and easy access to high quality sporting activities and competitions that they wouldn't normally have the opportunity to participate in. In total, the contest aims to engage 320 boys and girls per week.

This year, the Lambeth Summer World Cup will betaking place over three weeks from 8th August until 24th August, at three venues, Brockwell Park, Kennington Park and Clapham Common. Young people can either register with their friends as a squad of eight players or they can turn up as individuals and be assigned a team.

The teams then compete over the three weeks in a league at their chosen venue. The points are totted up and the Champions from each venue are invited the Grand Finale, which this year takes place on Saturday 24th September at Fulham FC's Motspur Park Training Ground.

Last year's finals day was a massive success and it is always a highlight in the calendar. This year will be no different with the added glamour of competing at a Premier League Training Ground. There will be trophies and medals and another partner of the project Lambeth council have laid on free transportation.

If you are aged between 8-15yrs and would like to compete, for free, in a structured league organised by the experienced professional coaches of Fulham FC Foundation and the St Matthews Project please download the attached booking form/ flyer or call the Foundation on 0870 442 5432.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/July/LambethSummerWorldCup.aspx?#ixzz1TKITgzrF

WhiteJC

Hammersmith End Season Tickets

Season Tickets for the 2011/12 season are selling faster than ever before, but don't panic if you have yet to get yours as there are still some great locations remaining.

The Hammersmith End still has a number of superb seats available.

Selected areas have availability for two or more seats next to each other, meaning you can sit with friends or family.

Season Tickets in the Hammersmith End start at just £419 for adults and £185 for juniors, that's less than £23 per game for adults and under £10 per game for juniors.

The Hammersmith End is renowned for its passionate feel on matchdays which means that you can watch the game whilst enjoying the fantastic atmosphere created by the Fulham faithful.

And with the Whites often attacking the Hammersmith End in the second-half, you will also be in prime position for any last minute goalmouth action.

To check availability in the Hammersmith End, or any other areas of Craven Cottage, visit fulhamfc.com/seasontickets or call 0843 208 1234 (option 3) today.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/July/HammersmithEndSeasonTickets.aspx?#ixzz1TKIkc2Do

WhiteJC

Jol sees Murphy role for Gecov

Martin Jol believes new Fulham signing Marcel Gecov could become a natural successor to Danny Murphy in years to come.

Although the Cottagers boss has brought in the Czech U21 star to be a box-to-box player rather than a playmaker, he says that Gecov could develop into a Murphy-like midfield general in the future.

"He would say he's a box to box player - as they say in this country - but he can play centre midfield like Danny Murphy as well and he's quite versatile," he told the Fulham Chronicle.

"He played in the European U21 Championships and was one of their best players. Against England he had a good game. He had two assists.

"I know him now for a year and a few other clubs were after him but he wanted to come to us and that was important."

Jol says Gecov, who signed on a two-year deal from Slovan Liberec last week, could feature in Fulham's third round Europa League qualifier in Split on Thursday.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/07/27/Jol-sees-future-role-for-new-boy-/gnid-102013/?

WhiteJC

Season Ticket Cards

Please take a moment to read the following message that relates to 2011/12 Season Ticket Holder cards.

New Season Ticket Holders in 2011/12

The Club would like to advise New Season Ticket Holders for the 11/12 Season that your cards have been distributed by post and should have arrived with you. If your card has not arrived please call the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 (option 3) and one of our team will be able to assist you.

Renewing Season Ticket Holders

All renewing Season Ticket Holders are reminded that your Season Ticket cards have now been activated for the 11/12 season – if you have changed seat or age band you will have received your new Season Ticket card(s).

Those that have not retained your Season Ticket card from last season can call the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 (option 3) to arrange for a replacement, please note that there is a replacement charge of £5 per card.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/July/SeasonTicketCards.aspx?#ixzz1TKJJK8SU

WhiteJC

Senderos fighting for place
Defender looking to force his way into Martin Jol's plans

Senderos: Happy to fight for his chance in Fulham defence

Fulham centre-back Philippe Senderos says he's motivated by the competition for a first team place this season.

The Switzerland international is back in action after missing the majority of last season with an Achilles injury.

He made his debut for the club in April, but now he has to impress a new manager after Martin Jol took over from Mark Hughes.
The former Arsenal defender has played in two of the Cottagers' four Europa League qualification matches this summer and provided an assist in last week's win against Crusaders.
Senderos is competing for a place with Brede Hangeland, Aaron Hughes, Chris Baird and Rafik Halliche in central defence, but he's prepared to force his way into Jol's plans.

Keen to impress

He told the club's official website: "I'm ready to fight for my place. We've got great quality in the squad, good competition as well. That's very important, we're going to have plenty of games for everyone to shine.

"The new manager has tried to keep the same things, not change everything but obviously we try to play offensive football and I think we're creating chances and it's working quite well.

"I want to work hard and with the help of everyone, be ready to fight for my place. Hopefully another top ten finish would be fantastic for the boys and we always want to be better.

"I'm really looking forward to the season, looking forward to staying fit and helping the team to achieve its goals."

Fulham take on Croatian side RNK Split on Thursday night in their fifth Europa League game of the season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_7064301,00.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham table 'cheeky' Liverpool midfielder bid - reports
Liverpool - Christian Poulsen has been handed a lifeline by Fulham

Fulham manager Martin Jol has reportedly made a 'cheeky' £1.5million bid for Liverpool midfielder Christian Poulsen according to setantasports.com.

The 31-year-old Danish international has been earmarked by the Cottagers as a player who could strengthen their playing squad ahead of what will be a gruelling campaign due to their early Europa League qualification commitments.

Poulsen has endured a torrid time at Anfield since his £4.5million move from Juventus last summer, making only 21 appearances for the Reds in his debut campaign and would welcome the chance of a fresh start at Fulham.

With current Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish having strengthened his central midfield options considerably over the summer, with the additions of Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam, Poulsen's future on Merseyside looks increasingly bleak.

The Reds are keen to alleviate some of the pressure on the club's ever-increasing wage bill, and are keen to offload as many players as possible who have been deemed surplus to requirements by the Liverpool coaching staff ahead of the new season.

A move to Fulham would appear to be a good fit for Poulsen, with the opportunity for European football still available to him - though it remains unclear whether he will be willing to take the inevitable drop in wages to fit in with the strategic structure implemented at Craven Cottage by club owner Mohamed Al-Fayed.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/fulham-table-cheeky-liverpool-midfielder-bid---rep?

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7064553,00.html

Jol hails new addition

Cottagers boss expecting big things from Kasami

Last Updated: July 27, 2011 9:21pm

Jol: Excited by the capture of one of Serie A's brightest young talents

Fulham manager Martin Jol has expressed his delight at fighting off a host of clubs to secure youngster Pajtim Kasami's signature.

The 19-year-old joined from Serie A club Palermo this week, signing a four-year deal with the Craven Cottage outfit in the process.

Jol accepts many Premier League fans will be unaware of the teenage talent, although he is of the firm belief that will change this season.

Kasami has emerged as one of Serie A's brightest talents and the Dutch tactician knows the club have a quality youngster on their hands.

Talent

"Not everybody in England will know [how highly thought of he is]," explained Jol.

"He is a great talent and there were a few other clubs - big clubs as well - after him. It was nice to snatch him from other clubs' grasp.

"He is 19 but, on the other hand, he played more than 20 matches for Palermo in Serie A.

"He was probably the youngest player there that played so many games so I think he can play in our team now. He will play a big part this season."