more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (29/07/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 29, 2011, 07:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Debut Delight

Pajtim Kasami spoke of his delight after Thursday night's UEFA Europa League tie in Croatia, after the 19-year-old Swiss midfielder made his Fulham debut as a late substitute in the 0-0 draw against RNK Split.

"I'm happy to have played in my first game for Fulham," he reflected. "I want to help the team and now I'm just looking forward to my next game.

"They were ok as an opposition, but I think we can do better than that and hopefully we will see that in the second game next week."

The highly-rated youngster only became a Fulham player on Monday this week, but he explained how he has already been made to feel at home by his team-mates, and his Manager, Martin Jol, who has publicly spoken very highly of him. And it appears the appreciation is mutual.

"I'm really pleased to be working for him because he is a fantastic coach," enthused Kasami. "I've been a Fulham player little more than three days, but the whole squad are really happy – there's a good spirit, which has made it easier for me. So I'm working hard in training now to make sure I reach my top level for Fulham."

Pajtim is no stranger to English football, having once been on the books of the Liverpool Academy, but having signed a four-year deal with the Whites, he revealed he is pleased to be back and is ready to make a telling impact in SW6.

"It's great to come back to England, but like I say, this is only my third day so I'm looking forward to working hard, improving and helping the team achieve success," he said.

"I'm an attacking midfielder so I hope I can score goals and make many assists for the Club, bringing all my qualities to the team to help Fulham win matches."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/July/KasamionDebut.aspx?#ixzz1TU2q9Rwr

WhiteJC

Jol boxes clever after Split decision

Martin Jol was satisfied with Fulham's 0-0 draw in Split last night but may have lost Bjorn Helge Riise for the return leg next week.

The Norwegian, who did not see any action in the first leg, collapsed in the post-match warm-down with what appeared to be a hamstring injury.

He could be out for three to four weeks depending on the severity of the injury, but with no other serious knocks suffered by his first choice stars, Jol was not unhappy with the position after 90 minutes of the Europa League third qualifying round.

"I expect we will have more initiative in the second leg and we have to play better to score goals in their half," he said.
"I am satisfied with the result.

"They played with three at the back and two wing-backs, which made it difficult to pressurise them. We drew 0-0 away from home against a good side. I'm not happy with the result, but satisfied. There certainly was not a lack of effort from my players.

Jol admitted to being surprised by RNK Split's decision to play with three at the back - a change of formation from the scouting reports he had received on the Croatian club.

He said: "Normally we put more pressure on the centre-backs but we had to drop off, which I don't like to do. But they had only three or four good chances, so that is the only thing we have to work on."

Fulham are likely to be boosted next week by the return of United States international Clint Dempsey, while Mousa Dembele could feature after a knee injury.

New signing Patjim Kasami came on for his debut in he second half as a replacement for Bobby Zamora.

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/jol-boxes-clever-after-split-decision-1248406.html?

WhiteJC

Team spirit impresses ex-Anfield kid

Patjim Kasami revealed the Fulham team spirit has impressed him since joining after he made his debut in the Europa League.

The 19-year-old Swiss midfielder made his Fulham debut as a late substitute in the 0-0 draw against RNK Split, and agreed with coach Martin Jol that the Cottagers can do much better in the second leg.

"They were ok as an opposition," he said. "But I think we can do better than that and hopefully we will see that in the second game next week."

The ex-Liverpool youngster only became a Fulham player on Monday this week, but revealed how he has already been made to feel at home by his team-mates and new manager.

"I'm really pleased to be working for him because he is a fantastic coach," said Kasami.

"I've been a Fulham player little more than three days, but the whole squad are really happy - there's a good spirit, which has made it easier for me. So I'm working hard in training now to make sure I reach my top level for Fulham."

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/team-spirit-impresses-ex-anfield-kid-1248413.html?

WhiteJC

Johnny Haynes Stand Season Tickets

Season Tickets are still available in the Johnny Haynes Stand for the 2011/12 season. The upper section even features the original wooden seating from 1905 which gives fans a real sense of Fulham's tradition and history.

A Season Ticket in the Johnny Haynes Stand offers fantastic views of all the action and puts you close to the pitch and players. With easy access from Stevenage Road through the back of the stand, you're only a matter of feet away from your seat and the action.

Season Tickets in our two Family Zones - Blocks A, AL, K and KL are priced at just £469 for adults and £125 for juniors. Under 8s can even get their hands on a FREE* Season Ticket when accompanied by one full paying adult.

And if you are after some of the best views in the house, we still have availability in the centre of the Stand. Blocks E, F, EL and FL are situated right on the halfway line -  Season Tickets in these areas are available for £789.

If you're not sure about where to sit at the Cottage next season, why not arrange a viewing with a member of staff from the Ticket Office (9am-5pm Monday to Friday), call 0843 208 1234 (option 3). Alternatively, email [email protected].

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/July/JohnnyHaynesSeasonTickets.aspx?#ixzz1TUGZbdXB

WhiteJC

Split's tactics frustrate Fulham and boss Martin Jol

Fulham and boss Martin Jol left Croatia frustrated after they drew 0-0 with RNK Split last night in their Europa League Third Qualifying round.

After comfortable wins against NSI Runavik and Crusaders, Fulham were hopeful of picking up another victory away from Craven Cottage and Jol admitted his frustration at his side's goalless draw.

"We drew 0-0 away from home against a good side. I'm not happy with the result, but satisfied," he said.

"There certainly was not a lack of effort from my players."

Their Croatian opponents tried to stifle the visitors by playing a defensive 5-3-2 formation and it worked as Fulham struggled to break through, despite fielding strong line-up and a forward pairing of Andrew Johnson and Bobby Zamora.

"They changed the formation, with three at the back," Jol said. "Normally we put more pressure on the centre-backs but we had to drop off, which I don't like to do.

"But they had only three or four good chances, so that is the only thing we have to work on.

"We didn't do enough with the ball in their half and we have to do better."

Fulham are likely to be boosted next week by the return of United States international Clint Dempsey, while Mousa Dembele could feature after a knee injury.

However, Bjorn Helge Riise may be a doubt for next week after collapsing in the post-match warm-down with what appears to be a hamstring injury.

http://www.london24.com/sport/championship/qpr_2_5433/split_s_tactics_frustrate_fulham_and_boss_martin_jol_1_978804?

WhiteJC

Riise eyes new Fulham deal

BJORN Helge Riise is hell-bent on forcing his way into Fulham's first team and earning a new deal at Craven Cottage.

The Norwegian has made just five league starts in SW6 since his switch from Lillestrom in 2009, and is entering the final year of his contract.

Riise was shipped out on loan to Sheffield United last season by Mark Hughes, but Martin Jol's arrival has handed him a lifeline.

The 28-year-old has featured in four of Fulham's five Europa League games so far, and the midfielder is determined to be lining up alongside his brother John Arne at the club next season.

He said: "My first year here under Roy Hodgson was good. I played in almost every Europa game and the first year in the Premiership was good.

"The second year when Mark Hughes came in I didn't get many chances to prove myself, so that's why I went on loan so I didn't lose my place in the national team.

"I don't like to quit, so I think I would've stayed here anyway and tried to fight.

"But you can see early on if you get an opportunity to play in games, and so far under the new manager it's been great.

"He is giving everyone opportunities and the chance to prove themselves.

"Hopefully I can impress and stay on. I love it here, my family love it, so I would like to stay as long as possible."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/07/29/riise-eyes-new-fulham-deal-82029-29141331/?#ixzz1TUKVsQEJ

WhiteJC

Riise keen to earn Fulham stay
Norwegian wants to make most of chance under new manager Jol

Bjorn Helge Riise is determined to force his way into Martin Jol's first team plans and win a new contract at Fulham.

The Norwegian, who arrived at Craven Cottage from Lillestrom in 2009, is entering the final year of his current deal.

The 28-year-old has made just five league starts for the Cottagers, while former manager Mark Hughes sent him out on loan to Sheffield United last season.

However, new boss Jol has included Riise in four of Fulham'sfive UEFA Europa League matches so far, and the midfielder is eager to prove his worth to the Dutch tactician.

Chances

Riise, whose brother John Arne Riise also arrived at the West London club this summer, told the Fulham Chronicle: "My first year here under Roy Hodgson was good. I played in almost every Europa game and the first year in the Premiership was good.

"The second year when Mark Hughes came in I didn't get many chances to prove myself, so that's why I went on loan so I didn't lose my place in the national team.

"I don't like to quit, so I think I would've stayed here anyway and tried to fight.

"But you can see early on if you get an opportunity to play in games, and so far under the new manager it's been great.

"He is giving everyone opportunities and the chance to prove themselves.

"Hopefully I can impress and stay on. I love it here, my family love it, so I would like to stay as long as possible."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_7066854,00.html?

WhiteJC

Town Right Club for Stockdale

New loan keeper David Stockdale says yesterday's Portman Road open day convinced him that he made the right decision in joining the Blues for the season from Fulham. More than 2,000 fans turned up to watch Stockdale and his new team-mates put through their paces on the main pitch.

Stockdale, who was also linked with a loan to hometown club Leeds, while Swansea had a £2 million bid rebuffed by the Cottagers, was clearly impressed with yesterday's turn-out: "There were other options but I felt that Ipswich was the best and it also comes down to Fulham and the other club agreeing terms.

"I'm totally happy here, I made the right decision, I know that now, and the fans today have just cemented that decision."

He says he needed to move on loan to gain experience with Fulham boss Martin Jol not convinced that the 25-year-old is ready to take over from first choice Mark Schwarzer. Stockdale says keepers often find themselves in this position while their outfield peers have already established themselves: "Goalkeeper years are like dog years! Mark Schwarzer's nearly 40 now and most outfield players go on to 35, so in goalkeeper years I'm about 20 or 21. I don't feel it, though!

"But I don't really think about that, I try and think about how I can do my best every week, rather than every year."

Australian international Schwarzer, who started his career in England in the mid-nineties at Bradford where Blues boss Paul Jewell was on the coaching staff, is clearly a big influence on his deputy: "I spoke to him about the whole moving lark; where to go on loan, making the right decisions, feeling right at home where you go.

"Things like that you have a little chat and obviously he had a great word to put in for the coaching staff."

Stockdale says he also consulted a former Cottagers team-mate, a certain Jimmy Bullard, who he says is a good friend: "We have Fulham connections and you know what he's like, I could hardly get a word in edgeways! But he spoke highly of the club and he enjoyed his time here."

The loan to Town coincided with the announcement that the former York and Darlington man had signed a contract until 2015 at Craven Cottage after what the 6ft 3in tall keeper says has been an enjoyable spell up to now: "I've had a great three years at Fulham and last year was a big year.

"Even though I only played 13 games, I showed what I could do. With the England thing, I think Fulham wanted to give me what they thought I deserved and I was only too glad to sign it."

After two calls into England squads last season, although without winning a cap, Stockdale says he'd love more involvement with Fabio Capello's side, but is currently concentrating on more immediate matters: "If that happens, so be it. But you can't think 'I'm going to try and get in the England squad'. You've got to play well in the Wolves game.

"But if it comes about, I'm a proud Englishman and I'd love to go off and put Ipswich Town's name in the England squad."

He says he enjoyed his first experience of playing for Town at Colchester on Tuesday, even if the match was curtailed by Andy Bond's injury: "I'd like to pass on our best as a team to the player that got injured in circumstances which weren't very nice. We're all rooting for him and were glad to see him get up all right.

"It was nice to get a clean sheet, even if it was by default. The lads are coming together nicely. We'll try and do a bit more work next week and hopefully put on a show for the Wolves game."

He says the clause in his deal which could see him return to London if Schwarzer suffers an injury isn't particularly in his thoughts and plans to move to Suffolk for his year with Town: "I'll always watch Fulham but my interests are with Ipswich at the moment, until the day that the 24-hour call-back comes through and the gaffer says I've got to go back.

"I'm going to move my family here, we're a young family, we've just got married, so we're going to come here and start and new chapter and go back next year.

"Fortunately as a young family we've got a bit more flexibility and we're going to start a new part of our lives in Ipswich, and what a nice place to do it."

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=18852

WhiteJC

RNK SPLIT 0 FULHAM 0
POST MATCH REACTION

Fulham manager Martin Jol said that he was disappointed not to get the win against RNK Split last night as The Cottagers endured a frustrating night in Croatia.

However, Split proved dogged opponents throughout and Jol claimed a draw was a good result in the circumstances

"I am satisfied with the result," said Jol after the match.

"They played with three at the back and two wing-backs, which made it difficult to pressurise them.

"At the end of the day, we drew 0-0 away from home against a good side.

"I'm not happy with the result, but satisfied.

"There certainly was not a lack of effort from my players.

"They changed the formation, with three at the back.

"Normally we put more pressure on the centre-backs but we had to drop off, which I don't like to do.

"But they had only three or four good chances, so that is the only thing we have to work on.

"We didn't do enough with the ball in their half and we have to do better."

http://www.sportingpreview.com/football2012/11120102.php?

WhiteJC

Fulham new boy delighted to be working with 'fantastic coach'
Patijm Kasami is already enjoying working with Martin Jol - and his new pals

After signing for Fulham as recently as Monday, Patijm Kasami was delighted to make his first-team debut in last night's 0-0 UEFA Europa League qualifying draw with RNK Split in Croatia.

The 19-year-old Swiss U21 international came on as a late substitute for Martin Jol's side, playing out the last few minutes of a largely frustrating stalemate for the Cottagers.

"I'm happy to have played in my first game for Fulham," reflected Kasami. "I want to help the team and now I'm just looking forward to my next game.

"They were okay as an opposition, but I think we can do better than that and hopefully we will see that in the second game next week."

In the short time since his arrival at Craven Cottage, Kasami expressed his gratitude at how welcome he has been made to feel in west London, and revealed just how pleased he is to have joined Fulham under the stewardship of Jol.

"I'm really pleased to be working for him because he is a fantastic coach," he enthused. "I've been a Fulham player little more than three days, but the whole squad are really happy.

"There's a good spirit, which has made it easier for me. So I'm working hard in training now to make sure I reach my top level for Fulham."

Kasami already has some knowledge and experience of life in England, having previously been on the books of the Liverpool Academy, and hopes it will stand him in good stead as he looks to make the transition again.

"It's great to come back to England, but like I say, this is only my third day so I'm looking forward to working hard, improving and helping the team achieve success.

"I'm an attacking midfielder so I hope I can score goals and make many assists for the club, bringing all my qualities to the team to help Fulham win matches."

http://www.givemefootball.com/europa-league/fulham-new-boy-delighted-to-be-working-with-fantas?

WhiteJC

Hughes not surprised by RNK

Fulham defender Aaron Hughes has denied suggestions the Cottagers underestimated RNK Split on Thursday night.

After victories over Faroe Islands minnows NSI Runavik and Northern Ireland part-timers Crusaders, the west Londoners endured a frustrating night at Dugopolje's Stadion Hrvatski Vitezovi in Croatia as they struggled to a goalless draw in the Europa League third qualifying round clash.

Split proved dogged opponents throughout and were unfortunate not to score on several occasions, with Ante Erceg and Duje Cop both missing gilt-edged chances.

Hughes was quick to praise Split for the manner of their performance, but insisted the Cottagers did not take their opponents lightly.

"We kept a clean sheet, which is one of the positives we take from the game," he said.

"We expected a tough game from them and that is really our first real test of the competition.

"The other games were difficult for maybe different reasons but we knew coming out here, regardless of who we played, they were going to be of a decent standard.

"Physically they're in decent shape, technically they were good and the standard they play at whether it be club level or international football.

"So we knew we were in for a more difficult game and to be fair to them they played well. They kept the ball well at times and we were solid enough.

"We maybe had one or two moments when we had a little bit of a scare but apart from that I think we were pretty solid.

"But, like I said, we are happy to get the clean sheet and take them back to Cottage and have a real try to win that and go to the next round."

When asked whether they surprised Fulham with their quality, he said: "No, not at all. I don't know how they were perceived outside [the dressing room] but certainly we watched a bit of them on DVD and they were what we thought they would be.

"Like I said, they were well organised, they would be physically strong, technically good and they played well.

"They rose to the occasion, they didn't hide and they were confident on the ball.

"So there were no surprises on our part, it was totally expected, which is why we are happy to come away with a clean sheet and still have plenty to play for."

Fulham named recent signings Marcel Gecov and Pajtim Kasami on the bench for the first time last night, with the latter coming on for his Fulham debut 10 minutes from time.

"They are very good, very good," said Hughes.

"We've obviously not seen much of them (against Split), but in training and that they have looked very good, very accomplished, tidy players that are technically good and good on the ball.

"And to be fair to them they have come in and settled in really well, which I don't think is a hard thing at Fulham because the lads here are pretty welcoming.

"They get everyone in straight away and make them feel at home so no, they've looked really good."

http://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/7066987/Hughes-not-surprised-by-RNK?

WhiteJC

View from the river: Fulham selling Jimmy Bullard was good business

London24 Fulham blogger Ben Walker believes that the club were right to sell their former star midfielder

Let me start by saying that I was devastated when Jimmy Bullard left us. His boundless energy, superb free kicks and determination to come back from a horrific injury had endeared him to the Fulham faithful.

When he left, some fans accused the club of a lack of ambition, arguing we would never progress if we keep selling our best players. It was reminiscent of Saha, Steeed and van der Sar leaving under previous managers.

It's fair to say that they aren't saying that now. An alleged five million pound transfer and £45,000 p/w wages have equated to 23 appearances for Hull in two and a half tumultuous years. Those years have been characterised by numerous clashes with the Hull hierarchy as well as being booed by his own fans on occasion. Other highlights have included:

A move to Celtic that fell through after Hull's relegation:

"The deal is off... because of the absolutely ridiculous financial demands being made by the player," Adam Pearson July 2010

Not to forget the events over the last week:

"Hull City AFC can confirm that Jimmy Bullard has been suspended pending an inquiry into recent events. The club will be completing the investigation before making any further comment."

Hull City statement 22/07/2011

Whilst the truth of the events during Hull's tour of Slovenia will not come to light for a few days it is safe to say that in hindsight, Fulham have done extremely well out of Bullard's transfer.

Uncle (is it still ok to call him that?) Woy shipped out an injury prone, 'big time Charlie' and gave his place in the team to Dickson Etuhu who has been an effective foil to the evergreen Danny Murphy ever since. Two top ten finishes, two F.A. cup quarterfinals and one glorious Europa League Final can't be wrong kids.

Hull on the other hand are stuck with an unhappy player with two years to run on a contract that would bankrupt most clubs in the Championship.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/view_from_the_river_fulham_selling_jimmy_bullard_was_good_business_1_979238?

WhiteJC

Fulham v RNK Split tickets

UEFA Europa League Qualifier
Date: Thursday 4th August
Kick-Off: 7:30pm

Catch the action live at Craven Cottage by purchasing your tickets now for the Whites' UEFA Europa League 3rd Round Qualifier against RNK Split.

Please note that Season Ticket and Membership cards will be loaded with this fixture on purchasing a seat for this match, you will not receive a paper ticket.

Fans who purchase their tickets after 3pm on Tuesday, 2nd August (the last postage date for tickets) will be expected to collect them from the Ticket Office before noon on the day of the match or after 6pm from the Ticket Collection booths on Stevenage Road.

Buy tickets online

On-sale dates

Season Ticket Holders: Now on sale (unlimited)
General Sale: Now on sale (unlimited)
Loyalty points: 6 (more info)

As you may be aware, UEFA regulations mean that we are required to make special alterations to the ticketing arrangements for all European matches being held at the Cottage. To minimise the impact these alterations have on stadium access & egress, the Club have elected to house visiting supporters in Blocks H - K & HL - KL of the Johnny Haynes Stand. 

Buy tickets online

How to Buy Tickets

buy tickets online  - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day. Save on booking fees by booking online*
by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1) - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day
in person from the Ticket Office: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; non-match day Sat 10am-12pm
* Lower booking fees compared to telephone booking

Prices

NB: Blocks A and AL are a designated Family Area and are not available to book online. To book, call the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 opt 3 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm).

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Games/SplitHome.aspx#ixzz1TVDd8ofK