watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Klinsmann in

Started by RidgeRider, July 29, 2011, 05:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtowndough

Well, I hope the laziness that precedes him doesn't carry over to the team.  I like the fitness and work ethic of our team and would hate to see that leave.  I'm not sure he's the best fit given that the level of talent he will be working with does not compare to what he's had in the past.  He will actually have to coach. 

Tom

I like the move and hopefully he brings an exciting style of play to the pitch cause lord knows we need it in this country. Bradley was to conservative and and wouldn't be attacking until we were down a goal. Hopefully with a more attacking style, it will  draw more fans in. Upgrade over Bob, that's for sure.  082.gif
Fulham for life!

clintclintdeuce

Would have perferred Hiddink, but I think JK is going to be able to get the job done. He will put players in position to win from the start of the match, and his tactics will be much better than the USA has ever had.
The Dude abides.

Porkopolis

Put me in the category of liking the move.  I can't believe anyone would actually prefer Bradley over Klinsmann. If he is an underachiever what does that make Bradley?

mccscratch

Quote from: Porkopolis on July 29, 2011, 08:49:47 PM
Put me in the category of liking the move.  I can't believe anyone would actually prefer Bradley over Klinsmann. If he is an underachiever what does that make Bradley?

Maybe an over achiever?

I think Grant Wahls tweet said it best... Bradley - 6 tournaments, 4 finals (no final in WC10, CA07 (with B squad). Won 1 final (Gold Cup '07).
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

clintclintdeuce

I have been reading much of the day about our new head coach, and I dont see the view of a quitter and a lazy chap. I read of a visionary who will not cow-tow to superiors on decisions relating to football and the job he has been tasked to do. The thing with Bayern was stange, but Germans are strange and the heirarchy at Bayern are out of control. I think here in the US, he will be able to do what he believes is required without interference... in a country that he prefers to be in no less.
The Dude abides.

finnster01

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on July 29, 2011, 09:41:30 PM
I have been reading much of the day about our new head coach, and I dont see the view of a quitter and a lazy chap. I read of a visionary who will not cow-tow to superiors on decisions relating to football and the job he has been tasked to do. The thing with Bayern was stange, but Germans are strange and the heirarchy at Bayern are out of control. I think here in the US, he will be able to do what he believes is required without interference... in a country that he prefers to be in no less.

But he can not see Russia when he wakes up in the morning  092.gif
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

YankeeJim

Hmmmmmmmmmmn.
Justice from the left.  :020:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RidgeRider

There are NO POLITICS or references to POLITICAL figures allowed on this board. This has been stated endlessly on this board.

This means you don't even reference a political figure of any party ESPECIALLY if that reference unveils your opinions of that person or their political affiliation. Those posts will be removed immediately.

Thank you.

BarryP

I have no idea if the hiring of Klinsman is a move in the right direction or not so I am approaching it with no preconceptions and an open mind.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

BarryP

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 30, 2011, 02:39:11 AM
There are NO POLITICS or references to POLITICAL figures allowed on this board. This has been stated endlessly on this board. 

This means you don't even reference a political figure of any party ESPECIALLY if that reference unveils your opinions of that person or their political affiliation. Those posts will be removed immediately.

Thank you.

Does this mean we can no longer refer to Sepp Blatter because he is a donkey and that could have political connotations?
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

RidgeRider

Quote from: BarryP on July 30, 2011, 02:44:00 AM

Thank you.

Does this mean we can no longer refer to Sepp Blatter because he is a donkey and that could have political connotations?

Barry, you have my blessing on that and I will allow ripping of Gulati as well. Open season baby!!  :011:

MisfitKid

Shhhhh!   :033:
Don't tell Don...   :011:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

HatterDon

Thank you.

I was referring to a television personality, not an elected official of any political party. Jack, you made a mistake here censoring JBB and myself. I don't see you censoring fleeting references to british public figures -- nor do I see your fellows doing so.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on July 30, 2011, 04:35:17 AM

Thank you.

I was referring to a television personality, not an elected official of any political party. Jack, you made a mistake here censoring JBB and myself. I don't see you censoring fleeting references to british public figures -- nor do I see your fellows doing so.

Television personality? Really? Jon Stewart and Oprah are television personalities, among other things, the person you were referring to was a mayor, governor of one of our states, ran for VP of the US and is clearly in the process of running for President and is clearly identified with one of our two major parties. Your comment doesn't pass my smell test. Sorry, you know the rules and I will continue to remove, rather than lock a threads with such references. You offend people with those comments even though you are not personally offended because you have chosen sides. I don't get how you don't see that, that is why we have the rule because it does offend and did in this case offend others. Simples. There are other forums to bash political figures.

HatterDon

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 30, 2011, 04:47:36 AM

Thank you.

Television personality? Really? Jon Stewart and Oprah are television personalities, among other things, the person you were referring to was a mayor, governor of one of our states, ran for VP of the US and is clearly in the process of running for President and is clearly identified with one of our two major parties. Your comment doesn't pass my smell test. Sorry, you know the rules and I will continue to remove, rather than lock a threads with such references. You offend people with those comments even though you are not personally offended because you have chosen sides. I don't get how you don't see that, that is why we have the rule because it does offend and did in this case offend others. Simples. There are other forums to bash political figures.

So, does this include Jerry Springer? He was once mayor of Cincinnati. Or, if he's not one of your personal icons is it alright to make light of him?

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on July 30, 2011, 03:21:26 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on July 30, 2011, 04:47:36 AM

Thank you.

So, does this include Jerry Springer? He was once mayor of Cincinnati. Or, if he's not one of your personal icons is it alright to make light of him?

Don, now you are just being ridiculous. Springer was mayor a million years ago and not identified as a political figure. I'm not going to get baited into a discussion with you on politics, which is what you seem to love. I have lost my patience with you!!! You broke the rules and know the rules. Stop it or face further actions including time out.

HatterDon

You may remember this bit of history:

QuoteWake Forest was playing a basketball game a number of years back, on the road at Duke.   I was working that game and got a chuckle from the Duke students who were, in unison, chanting the full words for the term "BS" about calls they disagreed with.  One official informed Duke Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski that his team was in danger of earning a technical foul if the fans didn't stop using that word.  So the coach grabbed a mike and asked the stadium not to say that word again.  Sure enough a minute or so later there was an arguable call that went against Duke, and the students immediately chanted, in unison, "We beg to differ!"  Very clever. -- John Fricke

Since my post was actually about Klinsmann -- as were a couple of the posts by other people that also got deep-sixed -- I must say that I beg to differ and leave it at that.

And it IS left behind

Logicalman

Quote from: Tom on July 29, 2011, 07:54:52 PM
I like the move and hopefully he brings an exciting style of play to the pitch cause lord knows we need it in this country. Bradley was to conservative and and wouldn't be attacking until we were down a goal. Hopefully with a more attacking style, it will  draw more fans in. Upgrade over Bob, that's for sure.  082.gif

Can't disagree with a word there, Tom.

It was time for a change, and JK was the best replacement available. He has all the European experience but wants to be in the States, and so I think he'll be good and refreshing.

BB did much better than I would have given him credit for (another slide of Humble Pie, Sir?), and his record is not too shabby, but it was becoming stale and predictable. Only time will tell if Don makes a ton of cash on the bet, though.