watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR-Bob Bradley Out as USMNT's Head Coach

Started by LordNelson, July 28, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

The Doctor

How would our American bretheren feel about Mark Hughes taking the job?  It is, after all, the only job going at the moment.

Or shall I just  096.gig myself?

RidgeRider

Quote from: The Doctor on July 28, 2011, 08:12:03 PM
How would our American bretheren feel about Mark Hughes taking the job?  It is, after all, the only job going at the moment.

Or shall I just  096.gig myself?

Red card is appropriate.  :dft012:

I am ready for change. Some think he has done a good job, albeit inconsistant, others think he should have gone awhile ago.

Hoping for Roy so Mark can take the WBA job.....never happen but we can always dream.

Tom

Best thing that could have happened for our national team going forward!  082.gif
Fulham for life!

finnster01

If they wait until Christmas Lawrie Sanchez will be available again
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

1. Tom! Nice to see you again, mate!!!

2. We just lost the best manager we've ever had. Good luck to him, and god help us all if we sign somebody from Europe -- especially that German git.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Quote from: HatterDon on July 28, 2011, 09:31:57 PM

2. We just lost the best manager we've ever had. Good luck to him, and god help us all if we sign somebody from Europe -- especially that German git.
Thanks Don and good to be back. Hopefully you are holding up ok in that Texas heat. He did ok Don but he had taken us as far as he could go. It was time for a change.
Fulham for life!

timmyg

"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

HatterDon

Tom

Fulham for life!

Jimbobob

It was long over due. The Mexico match was just a joke.
He just never cleaned up all the mistakes we made time and time again. As far as a replacement I have know idea.
Someone that is really creative that can dramatically improve both sides of the field.
We played crap defense with Bradley and could not score when it mattered. Bad combination - you think!

It's like what Harry Caray said about a bad baseball player one time:

"He can't run, he can't catch, he can't throw! What else is there???"
 :011: :011: :011:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

LordNelson

What's wrong with Klinnsman?
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

HatterDon

Quote from: LordNelson on July 28, 2011, 10:41:09 PM

He was fired from Bayern for lack of work ethic, and he couldn't be bothered to watch MLS matches when he was associated with the Galaxy. The European players pick themselves; we need a coach who'll work to ferret out the MLS/Mexico-based players to fill the squad. Klinsmann's got Sarah Palin's laziness and lack of commitment.

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

finnster01

Quote from: HatterDon on July 28, 2011, 11:24:33 PM
Quote from: LordNelson on July 28, 2011, 10:41:09 PM

He was fired from Bayern for lack of work ethic, and he couldn't be bothered to watch MLS matches when he was associated with the Galaxy. The European players pick themselves; we need a coach who'll work to ferret out the MLS/Mexico-based players to fill the squad. Klinsmann's got Sarah Palin's laziness and lack of commitment.

Sarah Palin can at least shoot a moose. I don't think Klinsmann could catch a mouse.

nevzter

No Klinsmann here either - that ship seems to have sailed.  I'd love to grab Hiddink for a cycle, but now I'll put down the tequila.

Bradley did well, but he shouldn't have been retained after the WC.  Somehow, I think firing Bradley is a good move only if somebody better is lined up.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

RidgeRider

The piece in ESPN by Jeff Carlisle seemed to link Gulati to Klinnsmen but was also not very flattering towards Gulati at the same time.

Sigi has done a great job in the MLS and knows the players in the league. Not sure if he has ever coached a national side but he would be a good choice based on his success here.

Like Hiddink suggestion as well, but I too will put the crack pipe down.

clintclintdeuce

Apparently those in the know expect lippi to be announced tomorrow. I don't think so personally, but he could do a trick or two for us. Whoever it is gets a friendly against mexico in a few days time to show ther stuff.
The Dude abides.

finnster01

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on July 29, 2011, 01:13:22 AM
Apparently those in the know expect lippi to be announced tomorrow. I don't think so personally, but he could do a trick or two for us. Whoever it is gets a friendly against mexico in a few days time to show ther stuff.

Why not give the job to Tommy Smyth the leprechaun? He knows everything about football evidently. He should be able to outcoach anybody. At least that would do ESPN a huge favour and one would be able to watch it with the sound on again   :005: