https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR-Bob Bradley Out as USMNT's Head Coach

Started by LordNelson, July 28, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

Quote from: finnster01 on July 29, 2011, 01:21:47 AM
Quote from: clintclintdeuce on July 29, 2011, 01:13:22 AM
Apparently those in the know expect lippi to be announced tomorrow. I don't think so personally, but he could do a trick or two for us. Whoever it is gets a friendly against mexico in a few days time to show ther stuff.

Why not give the job to Tommy Smyth the leprechaun? He knows everything about football evidently. He should be able to outcoach anybody. At least that would do ESPN a huge favour and one would be able to watch it with the sound on again   :005:

That would be torture banned by the Geneva Convention (but allowed only at Guantanamo Bay!)
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

nevzter

HA!  I don't seem to mind him that much (on Dempsey's Juventus goal: 'he took into account everything in the universe...'), but I can understand the disaffection.  On that note:

Lollipop Guild
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

YankeeJim

I don't know why any country keeps a gaffer for more then one WC cycle. The US did it with Arena and his second cup was a disaster. Bradley's would have been as well. He did a good job and should be applauded but he isn't the guy to move us forward. He has lost control of the team. Donavan has gone back to being Laneycakes & the rest seem uninspired and void of ideas. The only defender that is capable of playing on a middling Euro league is a 32 year old Boca. Yea, that Boca. And he not only called up Johnny ffing Bornestein he played him! A 37 year old Hey Dude! would have been a better choice.

Don, the mods got to your post before I could card you. So all I can say is your  :dead horse:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

AmericanJames

I wouldn't mind Sig and would be happy about Lippi, though I don't think he'll be interested in the job. One other option I would be interested in is FC Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman. He's done well everywhere he has been and knows the system.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

jarv

I believe his work ethic produced some decent results/performances. As for the suggestion about Sigi, srry a coach who looks like that might fit well in american football but is an embarrassment to a sccer tam. Lose some weight please Sigi. You look like ayouth team parent/coach.
Maybe I a an old geezer but come on, you have to look and dress appropriately.

Havinfg said all that, I blieve a American/Hispanic coach is best for this country. Forget the Europeans, they don't get the US mentality.

clintclintdeuce

The system is in Europe. We need a European coach that only selects players who play in Europe. MLS will not create the quality to make the semis let alone compete for a World Cup championship.

There should be some requirement that if youre not good enough to play in Europe youre not good enough to play for the USMNT setup.
The Dude abides.

BarryP

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on July 29, 2011, 03:12:19 AM
The system is in Europe. We need a European coach that only selects players who play in Europe. MLS will not create the quality to make the semis let alone compete for a World Cup championship.

There should be some requirement that if youre not good enough to play in Europe youre not good enough to play for the USMNT setup.

Boooooooooooo! You don't have to watch or like the MLS but to completely dismiss it is a mistake.  Bob Bradley expanded the USMNT scouting by leaps and bounds and opened the door to a lot of players plying their trade in leagues outside of the US.  The majority of the impact players currently come from European leagues but they got their start in the MLS and moved on as they should.  There is talent, young and otherwise, like Agudelo and Brek Shea who deserve a look and hiring anyone that won't take the time to unearth and nurture that talent would be a mistake. I would love to see Geoff Cameron get a look as a CB playing next to someone who can handle the aerial duties.  I don't know if he can cut it but it can't hurt to call him into camp and have a look.

I was a Bob Bradley supporter but I did not think he should have been retained after the World Cup.  After the US performances during the Gold Cup I felt more strongly that it was time to move on.  I don't really care who the next coach is as long as they bring a possession style of play with them and they don't call in Bornstein.  It won't be an easy and painless transition but it is needed.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

HatterDon

CCD, let me type this slowly. IF THEY DON'T GET CAPPED, THE CAN'T PASS THE QUALIFICATIONS TO GET A WORK PERMIT IN EUROPE.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AmericanJames

The usual blah blah blah negative rubbish from you, come on mate give it a break
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Jimbobob

Quote from: nevzter on July 29, 2011, 02:26:14 AM
HA!  I don't seem to mind him that much (on Dempsey's Juventus goal: 'he took into account everything in the universe...'), but I can understand the disaffection.  On that note:

Lollipop Guild

nevzter:
I am very very very disappointed in your copy right infringement.
I am the original poster of the "Lollipop Guild". That is my idea that I use to disparage the USMNT and I take great offensive to your blatant robbery of my intellectual property!!!
How dare you take this from me on a board that I am constantly ignored on!!! Why would you comment such a travesty of justice, violation of  international copy right laws, and dare I say just basic - shall I say humanity!!!
I have been wounded in my life but never in such an untoward underhanded unspeakable manner..........
I am sincerely bothered by this...very sincerely!!!!
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

nevzter

Quote from: Jimbobob on July 29, 2011, 05:52:35 AM
Quote from: nevzter on July 29, 2011, 02:26:14 AM

Lollipop Guild

nevzter:
I am very very very disappointed in your copy right infringement.
I am the original poster of the "Lollipop Guild". That is my idea that I use to disparage the USMNT and I take great offensive to your blatant robbery of my intellectual property!!!
How dare you take this from me on a board that I am constantly ignored on!!! Why would you comment such a travesty of justice, violation of  international copy right laws, and dare I say just basic - shall I say humanity!!!
I have been wounded in my life but never in such an untoward underhanded unspeakable manner..........
I am sincerely bothered by this...very sincerely!!!!

:doh:
* all rights reserved to Jimbobob in the aforementioned post. 
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: HatterDon on July 29, 2011, 04:28:05 AM

CCD, let me type this slowly. IF THEY DON'T GET CAPPED, THE CAN'T PASS THE QUALIFICATIONS TO GET A WORK PERMIT IN EUROPE.

To play in top flight in England yes, but not necessarily for the vast majority of leagues in Europe. I would much rather have young players who have proved they are worthy of a work permit due to their work at the U-20 level or have proved themselves at a Division 1 College level in Portugal, Holland, Germany, and Scandinavia than have them languish in the MLS. Steve Chrundolo is just one of many US Nationals to go to Europe w/out being capped first, or without a European passport. Michael Bradley also went to Henereeven before being capped, and only after a very short stint in MLS. Bedoya went straight to Orebro right after playing at Boston College and Fairleigh Dickinson. Football is a way of life in Europe, and that is simply not the case here in the States.

And you'll see that the players who are fortunate enough to have multiple passports 8/10 times jump at the opportunity to play in Europe. It is just a better place for development and a career at this point in time. The quicker we can get out players to Europe the better off we will be at the international level. You can clearly see the correspondence in our place in world football from 1994 on.

The MLS is just not good enough yet, and there is no economic need or other driving factor here in the States to create world class players, just players good enough to compete at a domestic level. The United States would be extremely fortunate if clubs like Ajax and Barcelona maintain and develop academies here. I do reckon this would be the best way for us to grow on an international and national level. Bradenton is good, but it needs to have more locations throughout the country.

I really like what the MLS has been able to do, and that is as a stepping stone for its top young players to play at a European level. I truly hope one day we will have one of the best leagues in the world.

But now is not the time to rest on our laurels and hire another Bob Bradley. We need to push forward, and hire someone with an international pedigree.
The Dude abides.

SCFulhmFan

Is Michael Bradley ever start again or is our giving the ball up just past the halfway line solved?   :58:

Excited to hear who is appointed. 

timmyg

Quote from: SCFulhmFan on July 29, 2011, 01:33:21 PM
Is Michael Bradley ever start again or is our giving the ball up just past the halfway line solved?   :58:

Excited to hear who is appointed. 

I'm more worried about Michael Bradley appearing at the press conference and telling off Sunil...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andrea_canales/07/14/mbradley.incident/index.html?sct=sc_wr_a1
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Ag

I'd like to see someone who can implement a sound possession based, defense-first system (more Hodgson than Milutinovic) and has an eye for spotting talent.  We have too many weak spots in the side and need to cover them up and hopefully find and develop players to fill them.  

I'm not opposed to swapping out Bradley, but I don't think that we're ready for a next level.  For the overall talent level of the team we have, getting out of the group stage in a World Cup is just about par (depending on the makeup of the group).

Nev, how dare you comment humanity.

dtowndough

Quote from: mhatc on July 29, 2011, 05:15:05 PM
Klinsmann in.

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2011/07/Klinsmann-Named-Head-Coach-of-US-MNT.aspx

I hope Don doesn't read this before having a drink.  Or at least he has one handy. 

Don, please reply so that we know you are ok and have not let your anger overtake you. 

HatterDon

dtowndough

Fantastic Don, just celebrated 10 yr anniversary out in Cali with friends. 

HatterDon

Quote from: dtowndough on July 29, 2011, 09:22:59 PM
Fantastic Don, just celebrated 10 yr anniversary out in Cali with friends. 

Brilliant, sir. Congratulations!  082.gif