watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Down and out In split

Started by croatianwhite, July 28, 2011, 10:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croatianwhite

Well not sure where to start , well it was a dodgy flight coming in to land this morning and a huge shower greeted us off the plane which continued till our bus got us to the riva in split , didn't see many Ffc fans till later in th afternoon by which I'm not sure I made any sense to any one as the pivos were going down too well , by this time the sun was out and burning every exposed part of my body!met my friend Zdeslav from split and anti and kruno from Zagreb it was good to see them again and we all jumped in the car setting off to the game with the expectation of a comfortable  win ( this was the view of every local I spoke too as well ) got to the stadium which is home to a second division team it was small but new and kinda strange looking , had a bite to eat and walked on round to the away end , I counted 105 whites fan and everyone should be applauded for there turn out, game started and well what can I say I guess you all saw it and had your own view on the game , mine for what it's worth is I think he team took this team as lightly as most of the fans and we almost came unstuck, saying that I think well be strong enough to finish them off at the cottage which I'll no doubt have to leave work early for my two and a half hour drive to the game and sit through it all again, great to speak to dome really nice Ffc fans tonight although I didn't get any of there names, at least I've got another lazy day in sunny (hopefully) day in split before I fly home Saturday to the smiling faces at stanstead airport
I

finnster01

:clap_hands: Thanks for sharing mate.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

Hats off to all of those who made the trip out there.

:Haynes The Maestro:

FatFreddysCat

Great stuff CW. Did we sing much as i didn't hear us once compered to even the Faroes? Did our Serbian White make it there?

croatianwhite

A little singing but not that much ! No I never met any Serb whites but that's not to say they were not there but I know of five Croatian whites that went but unfortunately they went away a little but disappointed with the performance like most of us  !!

HatterDon

are their female supporters as good looking as the ones we've seen in the national colors?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NorfolkJim

That was a game to forget. I'm almost glad I didn't make the trip although I'd love to see the beutiful city of Split. Did the police trear our intrepid 100 better than the last time Fulham were in Croatia?

Scrumpy

:Haynes The Maestro:

Well done to everyone who made the trip.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Mitch

At short notice of a week, and as one of the most expensive places we could have been drawn to go to, with most waiting until the group stages, I think we did well to get 100!

LBNo11

...thanks for the review croatianwhite, always good to read these reports of our exploits, shame it was such a poor game to watch...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jonno

Thanks for the review - interesting read.

croatianwhite

Yes the women are as always stunning in split ! Although at my age I think I can only look !!!! The police were big in numbers which is to be expected in Croatia but were in m mind as low profile as they could be , went to the split ground today as my friend was getting he's split season ticket for this year ( cost £65 ) with my Ffc top on and took a lot of stick but told them in confident  mood that we would stuff them in the second leg !also the only fans that are coming over from split are 30 on the clubs chartered flight at £500 a piece a little cheaper than Fulham were gonna charge us !! Still a few FTC fans in he city tonight enjoying the good food ,wine  beer and sights

Jimpav

Thanks for the report CW, hope you had a good time regardless of the result and the team performance.

Any chance of a sticky thread for all the European adventures?

croatianwhite

A sticky thread jimpav ?? That sounds rude ! But if we get through this round I'll be on the next adventure abroad that's for sure. Coyw