watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Abysmal

Started by Ordar, July 28, 2011, 08:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richie17

Any chance of a short writeup at CCN, Alex?

AlFayedsChequebook

I guess at least we are not Palermo, who are losing 2-1 to FC Thun..... at home!

JBH

Quote from: richie17 on July 28, 2011, 09:12:44 PM
back to expectations again though aren't we?  

Before the kick off, what were the odds of a really ordinary performance away in Croatia in what should be pre-season?

Really high I'd say.

Then it happens....

Not the end of the world is it?   If we were good every week we wouldn't be us.   I didn't see the game for once as I was out this evening, but having watched almost every kick for years now I can't believe that we've reached some disastrous nadir from which nothing may ever be retrieved.  90+% chance of winning the home leg now, on we go.  No sense getting upset about something that was always pretty likely is there?  (and lest we forget, we nearly made a horlicks of Perm away last time out as well, and that didn't end too badly did it?)

Spot On before tonight how many of us actually new what the opposition were like?

Unfortunately some people only expect FFC to win.

JBH

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 28, 2011, 09:17:20 PM

Before the kick off, what were the odds of a really ordinary performance away in Croatia in what should be pre-season?

Really high I'd say.

Then it happens....

Not the end of the world is it?   If we were good every week we wouldn't be us.   I didn't see the game for once as I was out this evening, but having watched almost every kick for years now I can't believe that we've reached some disastrous nadir from which nothing may ever be retrieved.  90+% chance of winning the home leg now, on we go.  No sense getting upset about something that was always pretty likely is there?  (and lest we forget, we nearly made a horlicks of Perm away last time out as well, and that didn't end too badly did it?)

I am not sure that anyone was expecting a phenomenal performance, but what I witnessed was an unprofessional performance. Frankly, we should have lost 3-0 (they had 4-5 good chances) and were lucky to get a draw.

BUT WE DIDN'T LOSE 3 - 0 DID WE.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: JBH on July 28, 2011, 09:20:09 PM

Really high I'd say.

Then it happens....

I am not sure that anyone was expecting a phenomenal performance, but what I witnessed was an unprofessional performance. Frankly, we should have lost 3-0 (they had 4-5 good chances) and were lucky to get a draw.

Well done, we didnt.

I have no problem drawing 0-0, but the performance was very, very poor. You cannot deny that.

timmyg

Well lets see...

Palermo is losing 2-1 at home to a Swiss side

Hearts drew 1-1 with a team from Hungary

Stoke is only winning 1-0 at home to Hajduk Split...

We did fine.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

JBH

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 28, 2011, 09:21:33 PM
Quote from: JBH on July 28, 2011, 09:20:09 PM

Really high I'd say.

Then it happens....

Well done, we didnt.

I have no problem drawing 0-0, but the performance was very, very poor. You cannot deny that.

No one is denying that it was a poor performance but the most important fact is we drew away in Europe
0 - 0 which is not a bad result against any team.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: timmyg on July 28, 2011, 09:22:56 PM
Well lets see...

We did fine.
sorry not having a dig at you timmy but we didn't do fine, we scraped a nil nil against a very poor side. Still my anger is vented at Captain fantastic. Hope he's in the stands next week.

finnster01

Lets not forget the status of this "pre-season"

Faroe part timers: Win at home draw away
Wimbledon AFC: Never played a match in the league: Loss
Stevenage: Loss
N Iron part timers:win + win
Hajduk Never Heard Abouts: Draw with pretty much the best lineup (Dembele and Demps missing)

I for one am beginning to get seriously concerned about our quality to be honest
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Peabody

All Danny Murphy did was say it as he saw it, just like he did last season over the physical side and most people on here and elsewhere said well done Danny. He also said, that we would be professional but you all ignore that bit. OK tonight he amongst many of our team did not have a good game but they play football as a living and I would doubt very much if a professional would go out and deliberately play badly. But then, some of you who play Football Manager may think differently.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Peabody on July 28, 2011, 09:37:57 PM
All Danny Murphy did was say it as he saw it, just like he did last season over the physical side and most people on here and elsewhere said well done Danny. He also said, that we would be professional but you all ignore that bit. OK tonight he amongst many of our team did not have a good game but they play football as a living and I would doubt very much if a professional would go out and deliberately play badly. But then, some of you who play Football Manager may think differently.
Not being funny Peabody but there was a thread earlier about how he wasn't excited about it, i said ok then stay at home let someone whose up for it have a go ( dont forget this is meant to be our leader on the pitch), can you honestly say in hindsight that Murph should have played? Fortget Etuhu, you dont need hindsight to know he's sheeeeet. Though i most admit Sidders was crap as well and he's up there in  my favorites list.

FFCcravencottage

Well look on the bright side, yes we had a awful day at the office but I would rather be in our position than these two.

Stoke City 1 - 0 Hajduk Split

Atl. Madrid 2 - 1 Stromsgodset
:011: :011: :011:

HatterDon

I guess that's what the Croatian writer meant by Jol preferring "the dog game."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: timmyg on July 28, 2011, 09:22:56 PM
Well lets see...

We did fine.

Hearts was an 2/1 underdog, and we were 1/3 favourites. Comparing apples to the absolute opposite of apples really.

Nice to see Sligo Rovers get an unexpected result though.
The Dude abides.

ImperialWhite

Rennes beat Metalurgi Rustavi away 5-2!

5 away goals and a 3 goal lead - that's how to settle a first leg of a tie.

elgreenio

oh well, a huge kick up the backside of some players who think they can coast their way through our so called 'pre-season'. Though calls to start Kasami and Gecov are just wrong, why any team would throw in lads who have barely been at the club a week into a must win game is ridiculous. Bring back Demps and Dembele, i'm starting to lose my faith in AJ
touch my camera through the fence

Brandon

Quote from: Peabody on July 28, 2011, 09:37:57 PM

I didn't get to watch the match as I had to work so I won't comment on the performance. I do believe however, that Murphy was out of line with those comments. Usually I would appreciate the honesty, but as captain and veteran on the team, he should be setting an example and lying if that's what he needs to do. His job as I see it is to lead by example and get the rest of the guys fired up and by taking every match seriously and playing like his career depends on it. Otherwise take the day off and lets put someone hungry in there.

LRCN

we were totally in second gear and coasting through the game, a game treated as a pre season if i ever saw one, the opposition didnt think like that though and thats where the disparity came. no judgements can be made from this game whatsoever. if we turn them over at a canter on thursday i hope we see as many posts saying how europe is garunteed next season too.

luckykat

I think the problem is the match is decided over 2 legs. Just the one game and the players have something to play for. No excuse for a very poor performance, but I think the players know they can win the home fixture and couldn't be bothered yesterday. Feel sorry for the fans who went to the game.

HatterDon

Here's a thought: Is it possible that Jol doesn't have the necessaries to send his side out on the pitch with determination and focus?

Just an innocent question?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel