News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Red Hot Chili Peppers come to london....

Started by zzamora, July 29, 2011, 09:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

02 Arena, 7th 9th 10th November

I'm going on the 9th anyone else going?

michaelread

their new song sounds like a wedding covers band wrote it, abysmal

zzamora

Quote from: michaelread on July 29, 2011, 09:30:42 AM
their new song sounds like a wedding covers band wrote it, abysmal

its growing on me...

richie17

Most overrated band ever?  Absolutely dire.

elgreenio

few friends have got tickets, no doubt one of them will pull out and i'll be in the driving seat to get it. RHCP have always been a band i've wanted to see, though mainly for everything from Blood Sugar Sex Magik to By the Way.
touch my camera through the fence

michaelread

Quote from: richie17 on July 29, 2011, 10:24:34 AM
Most overrated band ever?  Absolutely dire.

the most successful pre-packaged band at pretending to not be pre-packaged. theyre awful.

zzamora

what is up with you lot? they're awesome, i'm sorry it isnt death metal.

The Equalizer

Quote from: zzamora on July 29, 2011, 11:14:42 AM

They've been distinctly average since Blood Sugar Sex Magick came out in 1991. Pretty much every song they've done since then has sounded exactly the same as the last one.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LRCN

used to love them, literally obsessed with them, until stadium arcadium. seen them twice live tho in 04 at hyde park and 06 at earls court, good fun. blood sugar is a great album, one hot minute is ok and just depends if it's to your tastes (its to mine), the next two are on the whole pretty good and stadium arcadium is a bit naff but with some solid tunes in there. ive got a load of affection for em so it kills me at how bad their new song is

finnster01

I have loads of them here in New York in my local store. I am surprised you can't seem to get them in Tesco yet?  :58: ...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

BalDrick

'RHCP have always been a band i've wanted to see'

The weird - annoying actually - thing about them is you'd think they'd be really good live but they're simply not. I've only seen them once, at Earls Court a few years ago, and they were poor. A few mates have seen them quite a bit and report that for some reason they're just not very good live. FWIW, I don't think they've done much since Californication, and a lot of that was filler.

My advice would be not to read his book by the way, comes across as an utter bell end (and I liked him before I read it, so not a preconceived opinion at all).
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

elgreenio

Quote from: BalDrick on July 29, 2011, 11:55:06 AM
'RHCP have always been a band i've wanted to see'

The weird - annoying actually - thing about them is you'd think they'd be really good live

exactly my thinking. Hmm, may have to re-think then, especially after Foo Fighters put on an amazing show a few weeks back this may just make RHCP look even worse.

touch my camera through the fence

Pata

Quote from: Lork on July 29, 2011, 11:48:27 AM
seen them twice live tho in 04 at hyde park and 06 at earls court, good fun.
Same here. I thought they were absolutely tremendous at Hyde Park but the Earls Court performance came nowhere near that.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

michaelread

Quote from: zzamora on July 29, 2011, 11:14:42 AM

I hate death metal. I just really, really dont like rhcp.