News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

10 Years At The Top Book - No disrespect to MAF intended but.......

Started by CULTUREVULTURE, July 29, 2011, 06:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CULTUREVULTURE

Is it right that he's on the front cover of this celebratory book? Would it not be right and proper for the cover to be a footballing image?

LBNo11

...don't care to be honest, it won't be joining my personal library at £35.00 (probably added booking fee + handling charge). I wonder if Derby books (Derby aaarrghh!) who beat Ashwater Press to the contract are getting a nice cut...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jack Fulham

I can see why he's on it considering he's funded us the last 15 years but I think our most influential players of the last ten years would be more appropriate. Won't be buying it myself.

JBH

Its very right that he is on the cover, afterall he was the man that saved us from dropping out of the league, got us to the Premiership and Bank Rolled the club to keep us there.   :54: 065.gif

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: JBH on July 29, 2011, 06:36:44 PM
Its very right that he is on the cover, afterall he was the man that saved us from dropping out of the league, got us to the Premiership and Bank Rolled the club to keep us there.   :54: 065.gif
I agree 100% apart from he saved us dropping out of the league, we had already gained promotion to Div1 with Mickey Adams. Oops Div2 I should say, the Championship never started until 2004 -2005 season.

The Doctor

Quote from: JBH on July 29, 2011, 06:36:44 PM
Its very right that he is on the cover, afterall he was the man that saved us from dropping out of the league

No dispute with your other two points, but staving off non-League football was before Mo showed up.  Super Micky Adams saved us from that fate in 95/96, before taking (then) Division 3 by storm the following season.  Mo bought FFC in May 1997.

FatFreddysCat

Cant begrudge him his moment of glory after all i would never have been to France, Italy, Finland , Germany to see us play without him. Would have prefered Players or the ground but hey ho. Derby books   :035:

Burt

Scrumpy

Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on July 29, 2011, 06:13:42 PM
Is it right that he's on the front cover of this celebratory book? Would it not be right and proper for the cover to be a footballing image?

Yes, it's right. I can't think of another player, coach or manager who has spanned those 10 years, or done so much personally towards the success of this Club. This will help his ego, no doubt, but it's a small price to pay (unlike the cost of the book).

As LB says, it's a shame that Ashwater weren't used for this book.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.