watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham to make double bid?

Started by Lighthouse, August 02, 2011, 10:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Skysports.com understands Fulham have launched a bid for ADO Den Haag winger Wesley Verhoek.

The 24-year-old is being chased by most of Holland's top clubs, but he would rather move abroad which has seen both Nottingham Forest and Rangers make approaches.

However, Fulham are now ready to take the lead in the race to sign him and have lodged a bid with the Eredivisie side for his services.

Martin Jol has opted to make his move now, and skysports.com understands that he is looking to seal a double move on Den Haag as he also wants his team-mate Lex Immers.

Jol is believed to have made an approach to take midfielder Immers, 25, on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

But Feyenoord's new boss Ronald Koeman is also ready to make a move and so Fulham would likely have to make a permanent offer if they wanted to also secure Immers.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FC Silver Fox

Sipwell, can you give us the lowdown on these players please? (lowdown: Flemish or Dutch midget, usually portrayed as a peeing statue).
dank u.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

AlFayedsChequebook

Lighthouse

Both players are over six foot and Verhoek can play on either wing. Jol seems to like tall players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

Lex Immers 'video CV'

Lex Immers CV

Interestingly they both have the same agents

mangoputney

Despite Immers looking like Luke Chadwick, they both look worthy signings. Pacey, good targets, movement looks good, would they both leave Dutch League to play for Jol??? hope so
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

sipwell

I don't know either of the players, to be honest, so I can't be of much help
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

TWFL

There was a lot of Dutch journalists reporting about Verhoek on twitter earlier today.. Verhoek doesn't score many (120+ apps and 28 goals) but would be a useful addition especially for what the Dutch journos are saying the price is.

sipwell

According to Dutch press, Verhoek should cost at least 2 million euro. Rangers, Nottingham Forest have both seen a bid rejected (too low) and he refused to play for Dutch side FC Utrecht. He has indicated that he either wants to play for a big Dutch club (one of the big three) or a "foreign adventure".

Immers, who seems close to Feyenoord, would cost 5 million euro, according to the chairman of the club. Apparently he has a "workman's style" of football, with a lot of power play. He is however keen on Feyenoord (he could become a cult hero there) and Feyenoord is keen on him.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Airfix

If we sign Immers, his nickname HAS to be "Luther"!

elgreenio

Verhoek wears a snood and reminds me of Tomasz Radzinski, yuck. Looks tough to muscle off the ball though
touch my camera through the fence

Fernhurst

Both appear to be young ,fast and muscular ..... most unfulham like..... can they crack it in the Prem though??

This new manager has already got a couple of heavyweight detractors in Finny and Hatter. This change in our style and personnel may not come without bumps in the road .... I wonder if he will be given the tme to complete his transformation?

ElissonSnygg

Immers is more interesting than Verhoek if u ask me
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Bracken White

Verhoek could be FFC's 'Lennon.' Believe Jol brought latter to 'WHL'
Immers very interesting - but so is, I'd add, the Jerome & Stead gossip. Depends on the fee for the former - but always thought the latter had real potential - & if Jol feels he still has it & encourages him to be positive, could just prove to be a very interesting addition.
Intruiging times!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Tktd

Anyone know anything about either...?!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7076837,00.html

Skysports.com understands Fulham have launched a bid for ADO Den Haag winger Wesley Verhoek.

The 24-year-old is being chased by most of Holland's top clubs, but he would rather move abroad which has seen both Nottingham Forest and Rangers make approaches.

However, Fulham are now ready to take the lead in the race to sign him and have lodged a bid with the Eredivisie side for his services.

Martin Jol has opted to make his move now, and skysports.com understands that he is looking to seal a double move on Den Haag as he also wants his team-mate Lex Immers.

Jol is believed to have made an approach to take midfielder Immers, 25, on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

But Feyenoord's new boss Ronald Koeman is also ready to make a move and so Fulham would likely have to make a permanent offer if they wanted to also secure Immers.

L-Wizzy

Both Very Very Good Players, But Im Biased To The Dutch, but still are quality
Twitter: @officialslimwiz

White Noise

Good to see some pace on the cards. We are more likely to find the next Aaron lennon in Holland than by getting Max Gradel in.

HatterDon

Quote from: L-Wizzy on August 02, 2011, 09:00:16 PM
Both Very Very Good Players, But Im Biased To The Dutch, but still are quality

This comment makes me happy for two reasons:

1. You've obviously seen these guys and think they'll help us.

2. You're counteracting Sipwell's anti-Dutch blather nicely.

Here's hoping we get them. WE need more attackers.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

HatterDon

damn, another multiple thread topic. As I said on the other thread [while crossing my fingers hoping there's only two], I'm pleased to see that our resident rapper has seen these guys and thinks they'll fit in.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel