watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What does 11/12 have in store for us?

Started by ImperialWhite, August 01, 2011, 09:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialWhite

Finishing position: 8th (I'm optimistic - I don't think there are many teams below us from last season to fear, with the possible exception of Villa)

FA Cup: 5th round (we'll avoid upset in the 3rd round when we enter, and maybe in the 4th round too, but eventually we'll face a Premier League team away and I'm not convinced our away form will improve enough from the Roy/Hughes days of 2-3 away wins a season).

League Cup: 3rd round (because of Europa we enter this round. we'll field a weakened team and lose, unless we are drawn with total no-hopers)

Europa League: ro16 (to be honest, even with Roy's super Euro-brain, we were a little lucky to get as far as we did - I hope/think that we will get through the group stages, but we could easily meet teams as good as Shakhtar Donetsk and Juve in the first KO stages again, and easily get knocked out). Teams I'd like to face? I'd love to get one over on Stoke, although this would be a little dull. Would be good to wipe the smiles off of the faces of the newly wealthy Parisians.

Beat a big side? I hope so, I think we were due a 'first on MOTD' victory last victory. I watched Wolves-Man United last season with a Wolves mate last season and I was mightily jealous as he got to point and laugh at the plastic-Mancs as they sneaked out of the pub with their heads down.

Away form? No evidence that it will improve so far...

Copy - past - edit - post!

Burt

FINISHING POSITION
We should be able to finish in a decent mid-table position with no flirtation with relegation.

FA CUP
Last season was a massive disappointment, we should have gone further. I reckon with a similar draw this time around we could get to the semis.

LEAGUE CUP
I don't think this will be taken too seriously and we will exit relatively early.

EUROPA
Through the group stages and to the knock-out rounds.

DEFEAT A "BIG" SIDE
If you count Chelsea as "big", then a win at theirs is WELL overdue and would be much celebrated.

AWAY FORM
Hopefully not the pushovers we have been in past seasons. Maintain the home form and fix the away form and we will be laughing.

clintclintdeuce

Finishing position: 7th. Should be better than Everton this year.

FA Cup: Quarters.

League Cup: 4th round

Europa League: Round of 8, we will get lucky draws.

Beat a big side? QPR are a massive side right??? Should beat a fair few of the top 5 at home.

Away form? Yes. We get to play QPR, Norwich, Swansea, Wolves, Wigan, and Blackburn away still right?
The Dude abides.

SmithyFFC

Finishing position: Top eight I think, can't see many of teams below us improving hugely

FA Cup: Quarter final. When, as usual, we'll bottle it away from home to a weak prem team.

League Cup: Not bothered. Imagine we'll play a complete shadow team and likely go out at the first time of asking.

Europa League:
Winners. I honestly see it happening. Not simple blind optimism. We have a squad who have been there and (nearly) done it. 

Beat a big side? Are we counting QPR?  :dft011: Really hope we beat at least one of Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea. Defiantly think this is possible.

Away form? As per usual Fulham: useless.
FTID

AlFayedsChequebook

Finishing position: 10th, we will have a steady if unexciting transition season. I have no doubt that there will be times when people are calling for Jol's head (the tricky xmas period) but we will be fine in the end. Doubt we will be in the relegation mix with at least 5 teams being significantly worse than us.

FA Cup: Quarter Final - we will get close to Wembley again, but will get knocked out by one of the big boys.

League Cup: 3rd round - youngsters will play, entertaining game but will go out on penalties

Europa League: We will get out of the group stages, but I am not sire how much further. I would fancy us against most sides however, we can certainly hold our own in Europe.

Beat a big side? Liverpool at home would be enjoyable, maybe one of the manchester clubs.

Away form? I have no idea, too early to tell.

mangoputney

Finishing position: head says 12th heart says 9th, good ish start, worrying xmas period, will fire once out of cups. The big guns will trample over everyone this year, last year was a freak.

FA Cup: last 16, Spurs to knock us out, again

League Cup: who cares

Europa League: we'll be competitive, but need to be realistic, the run to Hamburg was a fairytale, group stage

Beat a big side? would love to take a few away scalps, Manure, Citeh, Poo l, Chelski

Away form? would love even a 30% increase on away returns then top ten possible, head says 12th, so poor again
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Chopper

Finishing position: 10th - Depends very much on how long our European adventure lasts but as long as we avoid too much concern over relegation I'll be happy. I'm expecting a lower league position based on my optimism for some sort of success in the cups. If we blow out all these then obviously I'll settle for nothing less than 6th.

FA Cup & League Cup: - I'll take these together. I'd like to see us make at least one domestic final this season. It's a tall order if we're to maintain PL status and compete in Europe but I desperately want to see us claim our first piece of top class silverware. 

Europa League: Group stage - I cannot believe we'll be able to do as well as last time. I'll be very happy if we make the group stages but suspect this time round we might find it a bit harder to progress.

Beat a big side? Absolutely - We seem pretty adept now at picking up one or two good results per season and I see no reason why we shouldn't maintain that.

Away form? In the balance - Last year I thought Mark Hughes' change of emphasis would see us collect more points on the road but that failed to materialise. Jol may have the winning formula and if we are going to win a cup I think we'll need to pick up more away points than recent years as I'd expect our home form to take a bit of a hit. As long as we're safely mid-table I don't really care where the points come from.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Mr_Moon

Couldn't give a poo about the league. I just want us to win a cup sometime soon.

HatterDon

can't really make an analytical choice until the window closes. I've got no idea what our 25-man squad will look like. I have no idea if it will be younger/older and stroker/weaker than what Hughes started with last season.

I can't make hide nor hair of what Jol's overall plan for this season might be based on either his acquistions, his statements, or the squads he has picked for the friendlies and Europa League matches.

And the league campaign starts in a couple of weeks. Scary.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MOR :

Finishing position: Probably mid-table but don't forget confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence...we really need to be injury free and steam up the league.

FA Cup: It's very annoying, as I'm sure if we really put our minds to it we could bloody well win it.

League Cup: Ditto...as above

Europa League: I think the group stage would be ok.

Beat a big side? Please, please beat the filth (are they big?) away on Boxing Day. There will be some seroius drinking done when this happens. It will happen...we will be successful.

Away form: I've a sneaking feeling we're beat QPHaHa mind you so will everyone else.