News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky Sports Breaking News, Cameron Jerome (Merged Topic)

Started by Irelands_number1, August 01, 2011, 06:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on August 01, 2011, 07:33:37 PM
When you sign a guy as a back-up, you are taking into account that you already have players better than him.

Sign him up -- unless he's too young.  :doh:

Exactly. He is a backup folks. I don't think were looking for the type of striker that will relegate BZ to the bench.

clintclintdeuce

The Dude abides.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Tom on August 01, 2011, 07:28:49 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 01, 2011, 07:23:01 PM
If he signs as a backup for Zamora, I will heave a huge sigh of relief and not worry in the slightest when he comes on the pitch. I think he's a solid, quality backup.
I agree with you Don.

I agree with Don, and Tom.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

ElissonSnygg

Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Mr_Moon

Burt

Quote from: ElissonSnygg on August 01, 2011, 08:39:51 PM
BBC Match Of The Day Goal Of The Season 2009/10

01:31

Jerome strikes a wonderful goal, remember me seeing this live two years ago.

Not bad... I would have voted for Damian Duff's strike v. Brum though. Not that I am biased or anything.

Bilet

Needs another striker. Afraid Al Fayed is over using big money on single players (Marlet and Jonhson-style) and Jerome for 2-4m would be a great addition. Got goals in him and would suit our style of play much better than McLeish's Birmingham.

AlFayedsChequebook

Personally i think he would be a good signing. perfect back up for bobby and could  mean we have enough money for another striker (el hamadoui?)

better value than the overrated defoe

Lighthouse

It is being said we have offered 4 million. Mind you the Daily Mail website also says Mark Hughes Fulham. But Jerome is exactly the type of player we don't have and need. I would prefer him to the Plank Crouch. Jerome is mobile and awkward to knock off the ball. See him fitting in with BZ or AJ. Ideal for our budget.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BarryP

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 02, 2011, 12:52:58 AM
It is being said we have offered 4 million. Mind you the Daily Mail website also says Mark Hughes Fulham. But Jerome is exactly the type of player we don't have and need. I would prefer him to the Plank Crouch. Jerome is mobile and awkward to knock off the ball. See him fitting in with BZ or AJ. Ideal for our budget.

I agree. The only thing I can add is that he is still relatively young too.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

ffcwickford

I have just posted this very message on the T-F-I site let's see how similar the responses are?

I will be very pleased with our club if this piece of business is concluded! If true, having it leak out is a little uneccessary and not our style, so presume Birmingham - who really are up against a rock and a hard place with regard to 'cash flow' following the money laundering fiasco - are trying to garner a little interest in possibly their only readily saleable asset and therefore push the price up,any club would be silly not to do so in their situation.

It is not Fulhams way to disclose a transfer fee and so speculation will continue over that suffice to say that if we have made a bid it will be serious and possibly not negotiable - we will have a valuation and are a club that will not be 'used' in the transfer market- we are much too shrewd an operator with A Mac in charge!

This leads me to the speculation regarding the current media frenzy over a BZ/PC swap and Twitchers role in this - and given the apparent indifference shown by the club regarding making any comment - I would hazard a guess this was written by a five year old who has been playing with his Dads i Pad instead of doing his summer holiday 'reading' homework!

BestOfBrede

Everyone saying he will be a good backup to BZ - If this is why we are interested then I agree.
I do, though, worry that it could be as a replacement for BZ if we know there is interest in BZ!
This is my opinion is not good at all.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 02, 2011, 08:14:25 AM
Everyone saying he will be a good backup to BZ - If this is why we are interested then I agree.
I do, though, worry that it could be as a replacement for BZ if we know there is interest in BZ!

How would people feel if we sold Zamora for £10m+ and brought in Jerome, El Hamdoui and a young striker that no-one had ever heard of?

TWFL

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 02, 2011, 09:26:46 AM

How would people feel if we sold Zamora for £10m+ and brought in Jerome, El Hamdoui and a young striker that no-one had ever heard of?

IMHO I think that would be extremely good, considering the age of Bobby and the money being offered but I don't think that is the case. I'm sure Jol has realised that we have no back-up for Bobby and so he's attempting to sign Jerome which, for the money being suggested, is a good deal.

Lighthouse

That would be a good bit of business. BZ is important to the way we play now, but needs a goalscorer with him to away the chances he helps to builed. We may have to look at our front men in a different light.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

I love Bobby but that would be a good bit of business. I would pull the trigger on that deal.
Fulham for life!