watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

most missed player

Started by WhiteJC, March 02, 2010, 05:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

who has been our most missed player so far this season?
AJ
Pantsil
Konch
Clint

Lighthouse

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 02, 2010, 05:49:41 PM
who has been our most missed player so far this season?
AJ
Pantsil
Konch
Clint

Well we changed the way we played to accommodate AJs loss and BZ has been great. Konch was replaced by Shorey so we felt his loss less. So it is between Pants and Dempsey. Clint adds such a great deal to our game but I think Pantsil is missed most. Baird has done a great job but Pants is just so useful supporting Duff and defending against the better players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SoCalJoe

Coin flip between Pants and Deuce, would probably give a different answer after every match.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

finnster01

Eddie Johnson   ;D ;D ;D

Sorry, just had to do it...

Taxi, for the Finnster!!
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

VicHalomsLovechild

Pants, I miss the lap of honour  :'(

RidgeRider

This is a hard one. Pants had Drogba in his back pocket in that game he got injured. His best performance that I noticed since he has been here, but Dempsey makes things happen like Duff. Tough one.

TonyGilroy

We miss them all as squad players but if they were all 100% match fit now the only change I'd contemplate would be Clint for Gera or Davies. Even that decision would be marginal.

The advantage would be the strength of the bench and more opportunity for squad rotation.

fulham4prem

Thankfully due to Roy's shrewd signing of Shorey, we haven't missed Konch too much(he may even have a battle on his hands to get his place back).AJ's injury has been a blessing in disguise I think and as a result we really have seen the best of Zamora.Kelly has done an alright job in painstil's absence but I think when he comes back he will strengthen up the defense and perhaps add more to the attack.
I think Dempsey is the most missed with Painstil a close second, I thought we may struggle in the goals department at first but with Zamora finding form and Damo constantly chipping in goals from midfield we have adjusted very well to the injuries and the praise has to go to Roy for adapting our play.I wonder where Dempsey will slot in when he comes back from injury and who will lose their place?.Would putting Demsey in CM instead of Ethutu upset the balance?or will Super Si be reduced to the bench.We will have to wait and see I suppose.

LBNo11

...Dempsey is probably my favourite player because of his commitment and ability to turn the game around and his never say die attitude - if he had been playing in recent games I suspect our goals for tally would be even higher. That said Duffman has been a revelation and brings a similar element to Dempsey.

But Pants has been amazing, he has kept dogbra and ronaldo in his pocket and although he has his unpredictable moments, he has been the most conspicuous by his absence IMO...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

bigalffc

! will be very glad to see deuce back but i feel we miss pants the most
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

HatterDon

Deuce is, by far, the most creative and dangerous to our opponents, but so very much of our game is on our opponent's left flank. Pants is missed for his contributions, but also because his presence allows Roy to return Baird to his utility role. Baird has been brilliant at RB, mind, but his absence as our first choice sub at defensive mid, CB, RB, etc., has made the squad a little less deep.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel