more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Dempsey Play vs. Mexico on Aug 10?

Started by LordNelson, August 03, 2011, 08:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

I guess the question is really in two parts:

1.  Will Klinsmann try to field his best team possible? 
-if he weren't the brand new head coach it would be a match of little consequence.  Does he risk the ire of the international players' club managers by calling up his best players vs. not wanting to get the living sh*te kicked out of his team on his first game out.

2.  Would Dempsey turn down the call up?
-with a new manager and just recently returning to the club for training after a nice lie down and the first match of the season a few days later, I'm wondering if he would answer the call or sit this one out.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

HatterDon

Klinsmann would be stupid to ask.

Dempsey would be stupid to go.

Jol would be stupid to let him go.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

mhatc

It is supposed to be an A team but several A-teamers are without clubs or are on the outs with there clubs. No way should Dempsey be called up. If he is Fulham should deny it.

LordNelson

If it was anyone but Mexico, I would say 100% he wouldn't go.  But because of the big rivalry and possibly wanting to impress the new boss, and his Modelo sponsorship, I would say 50-50 he goes.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

SoCalJoe

There can't be a single Fulham fan that wants him anywhere near an airport next week. HD hit the nail on the head on the logical response, but LordNelson makes a salient point about his Modelo sponsorship. It's so extremely rare for an American to have that kind of sponsorship, that it might create a pause for him, did anyone else notice how Clint went out of his way to congratulate the El Tri players post match in the Gold Cup? It wasn't exactly his modus operandi after a big loss. That said, he's got a new boss to impress.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

LordNelson

SCFulhmFan

HatterDon

The only English-based player is Howard. I see that Adu is still listed with Benfica. Didn't he have a transfer this summer?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LordNelson

I was impressed until I saw DeMarcus Beasley was called up.  And as a forward no less.

WTF???????????????????

Tom

Personally I am glad to see Dempsey not get the call. It is a friendly and means nothing and Clint is just getting started for us tonight.  065.gif
Fulham for life!

clintclintdeuce

Its confirmed he is not going... But a lot of big names are.
The Dude abides.

clintclintdeuce

I am happy beas is back. Also nice to see ricardo clark in there.
The Dude abides.

BarryP

U.S. Roster
GOALKEEPERS (2): Bill Hamid (D.C.United), Tim Howard (Everton).

DEFENDERS (8): Carlos Bocanegra (Saint-Etienne), Edgar Castillo (Club America), Timmy Chandler (FC Nürnberg), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls).

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), José Torres (Pachuca).

FORWARDS (5): Freddy Adu (Benfica), Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Edson Buddle (FC Ingolstadt), La

Kind of a mixed bag of call-ins which is understandable with so many leagues kicking-off.  I am not sure I understand the Beasley call-in and I count six central midfielders and one left-sided mid.  Here is my guess at a line-up:

Howard

ChandlerDolo-Goodsen-Boca-Castillo

Bradley-Edu

Donovan-Torres-Shea

Agudelo

There are far to many central midfielders for me to believe the Klinsmann isn't going to tinker with the format and play something other than a 4-4-2.  
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

BarryP

Zach Loyd of FC Dallas will replace an injured Chandler.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."