watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's not Europa...It's CONCACAF

Started by Steve_orino, August 04, 2011, 12:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_orino

The 9 year old boy & I are leaving in a litte bit to go support our local team, FC Dallas, take on Alianza FC in an international competition called Concacaf Champions League.   :yay:  I'm so giddy right now - after partaking in the Europa adventure with Fulham from my laptop & chair, this time I get to experience it live.

Our little Club here in Dallas was a solid team for its first 4 or 5 years of existence but went through a dry spell the last 9 years or so.  We've recently turned our fortunes around and have a chance tonight to qualify for the group stages of this "prestigious" competition. 

Btw, maybe the supporters out here have a little 'Fulham' in them - I've been given free tickets from another supporter...what an absolute blessing.   078.gif
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Steve_orino

If you happen to watch the game, 7pm CST on Fox Soccer Channel, those empty seats you see are the East Stand = the blazing sun.  The entire section has been closed for this game due to the heat.

Kickoff should be upwards of 110 degrees Farenheit. 

Let the hydration begin!!!
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

The Bronsons

Good luck to Dallas - hope your kid enjoys the game.   :yay:

HatterDon

For our London readers: FC Dallas are the "good hoops."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Porkopolis

Nice win for Dallas. Hopefully they continue to represent MLS well! I hope you had a great time.   

Steve_orino

The "good hoops" won! 

We got a goal from a set-piece in the first half and rode our 2 goal lead on aggregate through to the Group stages.  We play Pumas in Mexico City on the 17th...

Thank you for the well wishes & hopefully FC Dallas & MLS will represent themselves well in this tournament.
@Borino09

BarryP

Glad it went well Steve!  Hope you and the lad had a great outing.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."