watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pantsil on Fulham

Started by Lighthouse, August 05, 2011, 07:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Ghana defender John Pantsil was emotional as he bade farewell to his former club Fulham ahead of the start of his career with Leicester City.

The right-back is expected to make his debut in the Championship on Saturday when they take on Coventry in their opening match of the season.

Pantsil was released by Fulham at the end of last season after spending three years at the club.

The defender known for his solo lap of honour for the fans at Fulham says leaving the club was not a good feeling.

"To be honest it (leaving Fulham) felt like leaving your family forever. That was not a good feeling," Pantsil told MTNFootball.com.

"I felt like crying because I like the club and fans and the fans were like my family. I didn't have the time and chance to say bye to the fans and that hurt me a lot.

"I wish them good luck for the future and every success they wish for themselves.

"At least I go with the feeling that I was part of the history of Fulham.

"I am grateful to the club and fans for the opportunity to serve them. I have a new family with Leicester and I know we will be successful there."

Pantsil joins Leicester City where he hopes push them to the top-flight.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rupert

Season 2011-12, Carling Cup, 3rd Round, Fulham v Leicester City.

Go on, God, you'll get thousands of new converts if you make this happen. Amen.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Burt

It was a shame that we never got to say our goodbyes...

Same with Zolly too.

Two great characters, who were just slipped out of the back door.

Chopper

Quote from: Rupert on August 05, 2011, 07:18:37 PM

Yep. That would be perfect.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

timmyg

Quote from: Burt on August 05, 2011, 07:39:16 PM
It was a shame that we never got to say our goodbyes...

Same with Zolly too.

Two great characters, who were just slipped out of the back door.

Agreed. Though, I would say it was more of a case being told to leave on a Friday afternoon when everyone is away from their desks.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Rupert on August 05, 2011, 07:18:37 PM

Why? I hate Leicester, they broke my heart when the nicked promotion from us in the Derby scandal year. Didn't Ivor have a good goal ruled offside disallowed when they beat us at the Cottage? Also got spat at by 30/40 year olds at Filbert street that season even though i was 15 and looked twelve, if not for the fence i would have had a go at them . Scum place, scum team. scum manager, and the city is full of scum.

Irelands_number1

Hughes should have given them a run in the last home game of the season to get the standing ovation and applause they deserve!
May just get Paintsil 4 on my new jersey

Lighthouse

Sorry but didn't some of you moan when Gera was brought on as  sub and then was sent off, claiming it was an attempt to stop us winning a place in the Europa?

As for Pantsil, nice bloke and a few great games. Shame about the own goals and poor positioning.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope